Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

NYC workers destroying a Ford Explorer

*Language warning*

Last edited by Prince Valiant; 01-01-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Priceless.

Heh. Like he said "geniuses" lol

owners fault completely. NYC has no parking rules for snow storms. how else are they supposed to clear away almost 3' of snow when douchbags park where they arent supposed to. people usually just take the ticket rather than find another place to park during snow rules. I thought the video was awesome! they fucking whine if the roads dont get cleaned in time and the city has to bring in heavy equipment and then almost every road has the same issues with people parking where they dont belong. the guy with the camera should stick to wacking off or go move his car too..lol

Milw brought in dozers to clear out my area 2 years ago and used big ass dump trucks to dump the snow on our yards after a large dumping. They had NO problems driving over lawns hitting trees, mailboxes and almost clipping cars in driveways. seeing more snow than that on a small ass city street with the same equipment doesnt surprise me to see carnage when something that big gets stuck.

How is it the owner's fault? I'm guessing there aren't many places to park in NYC. If there was a notice sent out about not parking on a certain side of the street, clearly no one got it (or even if they did, it was too late and it was impossible to get their cars out).

Yoo - you state "NYC has no parking rules for snow storms" aka they are allowed to park in any regular street parking spot. Then you say it's the owner's fault for getting his SUV damaged. If there are no rules, why is it his fault some incompetent city worker smashed up his SUV?
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Not "no rules" in there aren't rules. They have a "no parking rule" during snow storms. No parking on the street. Period. That is the owners fault.

Also, why do they have to send out a notice? Watch the weather. They knew many many many hours in advance that they were going to get several feet of snow, find a place to put your car. Go to a parking garage and take a cab. Get off the fucking street. Any idea how hard it is to plow around parked cars? Much less with 3 feet of snow. I would have buried those cars with more snow than they could move in a life time.

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Anyone who thinks the owner should have found a new place to park regardless of "laws" has either:

A- Never been to NYC
    B- Never even lived on the eastside of Milw where it is also IMPOSSIBLE to park legally.
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Stupid big mouth NY residents. Could have done much better without the commentary. That woman should have stood between the car and the tractor. If the roads weren't cleared they'd have been bitching about that and cursing at the car drivers for parking there.

Last edited by GTSLOW; 12-28-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by 05caddyext View Post
    Not "no rules" in there aren't rules. They have a "no parking rule" during snow storms. No parking on the street. Period. That is the owners fault.
    So every block in NYC had to be car free? Highly doubt there is enough parking off street for even half of the cars that are currently parked on NYC streets.

Post whore
    Good find Nismodave!

Quote Originally Posted by 05caddyext View Post

YES. and yes I grew up in NJ/NY and the rules are well known to EVERYONE and is broadcasted on the news EVERTIME a snow storm is on the way. the roads are too narrow for parking on either side for heavy equipment to get through so owners are told NOT to park on the street during storms. of course there isnt enough parking but they dont care, they just tell you to not park OR they have alternate parking rules. I am not saying what the workers did was the correct thing just that the car owners put their own vehicles at risk by leaving them parked on the street during a major snowstorm. I actually had my pickup buried once by the city(Noreaster 97') and had to wait a few days before they would get it out.

Post whore
    I hope the city sues the SUV owner for scratching city property. Parking on the street during a storm like this shows you do not care about your car, your niebors, or the city. There are many options for you to keep your car off the street, but most just feel they can be lazy.
    Last edited by Neal Steffek; 12-29-2010 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Steffek View Post
    There are many options for you to keep your car off the street, but most just feel they can be lazy.
    In NYC, I doubt it.

Read the links, the Mayor suspended all "no parking" rules and meters.

So if the city workers were bored/lazy and "accidentally" hit every car on the block, it's all the owners' fault? By this logic, any time your meter expires or you illegally park anywhere, the city has the right to fuck up your car. Awesome.

I don't see anything in there directly talking about this incident?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

If it was a city owned SUV then Yoo is right, it's completely the owner's fault

and yet here is the other side of it! streets unplowed get the officials in deep shit and a baby died because the paramedics couldnt get to the house for 9 hours! If I were the plow drivers, damm straight I would have totalled that car and everyone of them if they kept me from clearing the street. Firefighters, paramedics and cops would push a car out of the way if it was blocking them too. There is a bigger picture besides a single car when it comes to small streets and a major city being snowed in under 2' of snow.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN...e=RSS&rpc=1120

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Eh who cares. That's what insurance is for.