Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Open Carry in Madison - Citation

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.madison.com/tct/top5/461607

This is going to stir the pot!!

Not surprised by the city of Madison one bit. Fucking cry babies.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    man i hope this really goes to court i wanna see the federal courts overturn it if it can go that far. it would really help the conceal and carry

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Our NRA leaders are smarter than our WI political leaders, may be a planned action with very good timing. I'd be up for a road trip to support the dude on his court date, can see the NBC nightly news now: "thousands of legaly armed and law abiding Wisconsinites crowd Madisons court house streets in support of the open carry laws"
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    im all about going and supporting this guy..

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Crock of shit.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Doc Brown's Avatar
    I'm glad the story at least mentions the memo that the attorneys general wrote as a direct response to a very similar case in West Allis which was also mentioned, where a guy was packing heat on his hip while simply doing yardwork and was arrested for disorderly conduct.

The reason this sort of story is even considered newsworthy is because those championing the liberal agenda have done a masterful job of demonizing the gun, and by extension the gun owner, to a point where normal everyday citizens now view a gun as weapon of evil, and therefore the person carrying it is inherently not to be trusted.
    What happens when this baby hits 88 mph?

I get a ticket and 6 points, so yeah, some serious sh!t.

I give the guy credit, he went right to the bee's hive with the poking stick.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    I give the guy credit, he went right to the bee's hive with the poking stick.
    I've never heard that one before but i like it! I can see the citation standing in the lower courts but i'm pretty sure it will get overturned the higher up it goes. From what i've read a lot of people are open carying in SE WI with out issues.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

This will be a good test. He, by all state standards, was doing nothing wrong. This, if it goes well, could clear up this "disorderly conduct" mess for everybody quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Roper View Post
    This will be a good test. He, by all state standards, was doing nothing wrong. This, if it goes well, could clear up this "disorderly conduct" mess for everybody quick.
    While in a perfect world, yes you are correct, and sincerely hope that is the case. However, I imagine this to get exponentially "f"d up by boneheads.

You have to remember he was in a well-populated area (State St.), and if more thna a few people called to complain, it would be considered causing a public disturbance, thus resulting in a disorderly conduct ticket.

It was not like he was in his backyard doing yardwork where no-one else was around liek the case here. It would be like someone walking around downtown Milwaukee during a festival with a sidearm. You should fully expect a ticket in that case. Just because YOU wouldn't mind the "Wild West" to come back in full swing with everyone carrying a gun everywhere, there is a lot of society that don't trust damn near ANYONE else, outside of the police/military, to make proper decisions in regards to the use of a firearm in public.

Again, it comes down to using common sense. But then again, common sense doesn't apply to the gun debate.

Post whore
    I'm all for open carry but I, as a family man, really don't want to see a complete stranger walking through the mall w/ a gun on his hip while I have my kids with me.. Sorry, I just don't wanna see it..

Thus, I would much rather C&C..

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast View Post
    You have to remember he was in a well-populated area (State St.), and if more thna a few people called to complain, it would be considered causing a public disturbance, thus resulting in a disorderly conduct ticket.

It was not like he was in his backyard doing yardwork where no-one else was around liek the case here. It would be like someone walking around downtown Milwaukee during a festival with a sidearm. You should fully expect a ticket in that case. Just because YOU wouldn't mind the "Wild West" to come back in full swing with everyone carrying a gun everywhere, there is a lot of society that don't trust damn near ANYONE else, outside of the police/military, to make proper decisions in regards to the use of a firearm in public.

Again, it comes down to using common sense. But then again, common sense doesn't apply to the gun debate.
    Well stated.. I think that is my biggest concern.. TRUSTING someone else.. I'd hate to get cought up in something off duty, pull my duty issued firearm and get smoked by the "Wild West" individual who was just looking for a reason to use his firearm.. And use it for no other reason other than because it was there..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Twigbert View Post
    Well stated.. I think that is my biggest concern.. TRUSTING someone else.. I'd hate to get cought up in something off duty, pull my duty issued firearm and get smoked by the "Wild West" individual who was just looking for a reason to use his firearm.. And use it for no other reason other than because it was there..
    i think the "people" you speak of in this situation are already ILLEGALLY armed anyways.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

For the record: that pistol picture is teh awesomest wallpaper ever on my phone.

You know, one of our firefighters just got mugged last night while he was out jogging (and this was in Madison!) I seriously think it's getting to be time for conceal carry in this state. A few 18 y/o punks get shot dead for trying to mug someone out walking... maybe the next few think twice about it.

The whole "Wild West" thing hasn't occurred in any of the states with CC legislation. Heck, don't Georgia, Alaska, and New Hampshire have no restrictions at all on CC (meaning you don't even need a permit) and I have yet to hear cops and other CC'ers getting smoked left and right. Not saying it can't or hasn't happened... but the number of incidents must be pretty low.
    Last edited by ND4SPD; 08-26-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Doc Brown's Avatar
    I would like to see real statistics comparing the crime rates in states/cities with conceal carry legislation, open carry legislation, and places like Washington DC where you are not permitted to carry anything at all. I wonder what the facts would really show.
    What happens when this baby hits 88 mph?

I get a ticket and 6 points, so yeah, some serious sh!t.

Here's a good one:

"Fifteen years after DCs ban went into effect in 1977, the murder rate increased 300%. In 2006, police confiscated more than 2600 guns"

Saw a guy open carrying a Glock in Pewaukee yesterday.