Ripped off! Anyone local able to help?

Hey guys,
    I was hoping someone could help me out. I purchased a turbo from a guy up in Appleton, WI and he apparently scammed me and a few other people.

I posted on ls2.com, and we found his address and information. Unfortunately, I'm back down at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN. The Sheriff just left my house, but said that honestly nothing could really be done here, just that he would file the report.

I filed on paypal, who "investigated it" and found in my favor, but could not recover any funds because it was out of his bank account.

It's 350 bucks, which isn't horrible, but right now I could really use that money back.

joos@joostenperformance.com is his e-mail, his name is Ryan Joosten, and he is located in Appleton, WI.

I called the Appleton police department, but they said they couldn't do anything which baffles me. I was hoping they could at least give him a call or pay a visit.

cuttin' chips
    need more info....

what did you buy, when, how much, last known address, etc.

ive got some buddies up in neenah that wouldnt mind knocking on some doors
    91 Notch - where to begin

I posted on WSD about it, you may want to sign up on FVSCC.com, those guys may know him.

Ryan Joosten

His parents address ( he was born in 85. Probably lives at home )

2412 S Fountain Ave
    Appleton, WI 54915
    Number: 920-734-5233

I purchased an Evo III 16G Turbo from him on October 13th, but never received it. Paypal finished the dispute yesterday November 3rd, in my favor. He never responded, ignored e-mails, and the website is now down.

----------------------------------
    '11 Jetta TDI ...
    '07 Avalanche...
    '67 Firebird 400 4 speed... <-- Brew City Muscle
    '11 Honda CBR250 <--- 74 MPG!

Just posted in that thread. Looks like I'm not the only one, and hoping we can get this sorted out.

I really need that money back to finish the car. Gotta drive it home for Thanksgiving break.

Post whore
    Well, what you need to do is plan on the money being gone.. Then, when you are back up here you need to remember this scum bag and visit him in 6 months or so..

Don't let other people do your dirty work.. Handle it yourself as a man..

And don't worry about him going any where.. With the internet you can find anyone, any where, any time!

He needs to die

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He needs to die
    Maybe he already did? Hence not answering emails and phone calls?

Check out wisrts.com as well. I am sure more people know him on there. He posts a lot over there.

It looks like his website www.joostenperformance.com is down too.
    Steve - 2004 E-Blue Dodge SRT-4
    Beware The Penguin!!!!
    Undertaker's Homepage

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    Hey guys,
    I was hoping someone could help me out. I purchased a turbo from a guy up in Appleton, WI and he apparently scammed me and a few other people.

I posted on ls2.com, and we found his address and information. Unfortunately, I'm back down at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN. The Sheriff just left my house, but said that honestly nothing could really be done here, just that he would file the report.

I filed on paypal, who "investigated it" and found in my favor, but could not recover any funds because it was out of his bank account.

It's 350 bucks, which isn't horrible, but right now I could really use that money back.

joos@joostenperformance.com is his e-mail, his name is Ryan Joosten, and he is located in Appleton, WI.

I called the Appleton police department, but they said they couldn't do anything which baffles me. I was hoping they could at least give him a call or pay a visit.

Sorry to hear that you got ripped off by Joosten. This kid is a complete piece of crap. I own his Galant VR4 now, and wow...just disgusting the work he did on it. As well, he totally trashed his yellow evo before selling it to my friend Clint who unknowingly picked up a "put away wet" evo8.

He does run a "business" if you call it that: http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

I know that you can get his information off of widsm.org otherwise. He has slinged his wares on there in the past, and is not liked too much on there -- so I think it will get some attention quickly.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

ya that fuck also scammed me to. and then he had enough nerve to turn around and threaten me.
    03 crew cab duramax: DD
    01 SLP ss: bolt ons, FOR SALE!