Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuck Supan

I heard an interview last night where Sheets all but said he is leaving without question. He sounded very bitter and commented towards the fact that the Brewers wouldn't negotiate before this season started. At the beginning of the season, it looked like a dumb move but the normal injury-prone Ben Sheets we all have gotten accustomed to showed his face the second half.

Good riddance IMO. Being a fireball pitcher versus a finess guy, I think his best years are behind him. I heard a fact that he hasn't gone a whole season without a stint on the DL since like 04...

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LastInLine View Post
    Dont the Brewers still have Capuano? Where the hell is that guy?

Tommy Johns surgery. We'll see what kind of recovery he makes....that type of surgery can really go either way. All in all....it's not looking good for him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mil

Besides that....he's really only had one decent season ('05).

And keep Sheets out of your head. He WILL NOT be in a Brewers uniform next year.
    Last edited by Lash; 10-06-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Tommy Johns surgery. We'll see what kind of recovery he makes....that type of surgery can really go either way. All in all....it's not looking good for him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mil

Besides that....he's really only had one decent season ('05).

And keep Sheets out of your head. He WILL NOT be in a Brewers uniform next year.
    Dream the impossible dream If so, good riddance to bad rubbish. Never liked him, never will.

I have Ben Sheets autograph lol. I think Sheets could handle throwing an inning or two as a closer. Why not? that way he can throw all his best stuff right away. Usually he pitches awesome first couple innings then he slowly starts losing velocity on his fastball and the curve goes downhill as well, and eventually leading to either getting hurt or giving up alot of runs. I would try him out and see how it goes and if he still sucks trade his ass. I think the Crew would trade Hall before weeks. All in all they are a young team right now and once everything is locked in this team could win a bunch of championships.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    if CC gets signed we'd have a decent shot at the playoffs again. The Brewers biggest opponent towards the end of the season was themselves! You can't hit .215 as a team going into the playoffs and do well. I'm sorry, but look at the Phillies. EVERY player on this year's roster can hit....and hit well. We need to mix things up a little bit in the infield to get some hitters back in the lineup. I agree we need a lead off man. We also need good consistent contact hitters. Homeruns might win games from time to time but RBIs win games...good consistent hitters win games.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    no no no....he had his time to shine. His hitting has been meager at best. His defense is SO SO if you ask me. We have more dead weight on this team than any of the other teams in the playoffs combined. Suppan needs to go though for sure. AWFUL. What was he like 6th in MLB this season with homers given up? Pathetic stat. Thats like saying you have the most shanks in professional golf.
    He was a 90 RBI guy, sure he hit .268 but the whole year he was around .280-.290. I don't think we should or will get rid of him.

He hit .173 in September, but then again who didn't on the team. Before that, he was hitting .286 for the year.