PDA

View Full Version : there is a ton of people on the board now

chargedformula
11-08-2005, 11:44 AM
usualy there is like one to five people on here. over the last week its been crazy! it says there were like 44 people on here the other day :wow

Prince Valiant
11-08-2005, 12:02 PM
A change in the board set-up is the cause...now it's in line with standards from other boards.

Cryptic
11-08-2005, 12:13 PM
What you used to see was a people on within 30 seconds of each other.

It is now 900 seconds.

Syclone0044
11-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Awesome, ain't it?? :shades http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9946 Best thing that's ever happened to me!! (OK maybe not quite.)

Yooformula
11-08-2005, 02:45 PM
I would like to know how many log on each day like MMA, I bet its a ton.

DirtyMax
11-08-2005, 02:47 PM
I would like to know how many log on each day like MMA, I bet its a ton.

Right down the left hand side of the main page, it has those stats.

96 so far today... :thumbsup

Syclone0044
11-08-2005, 06:02 PM
I think Yoosof was saying he'd like to know what the comparable stats are for BCM.

DirtyMax
11-09-2005, 08:02 AM
I think Yoosof was saying he'd like to know what the comparable stats are for BCM.

Gotcha.... ;)

Greg@GLD
11-09-2005, 09:35 AM
BCM has always been busy, it's just that the way the settings were, this was not properly reflected. Josh spoke up and said something. :D

I don't like to tell Andy or Yoo how to run or modify their forum. There's a ton of cool stuff you can do to VB and I know Andy is more than capable of doing them, but some guys do not like to modify the forum software, as this makes uprgrading a big PITA...

You will have to modify the forum software if you want that display of "who visited today" like we have on MMA...

Nice work on fixing the glitch. If you take time and go thru thru the admin cpanel, you canfind many things you can change to "optimize" the forum...

Greg@GLD
11-09-2005, 09:41 AM

This is available to the admins in the admin cpanel. It's just a database query. They can see it if they just look for it... It should be part of the default view when you first login to the control panel...

Cryptic
11-09-2005, 09:42 AM
My main objective is to integrate the main page theme into the forum and lose the blue on blue on more blue(VB default).

But as you say... it makes upgrade time a pain. I wasnt going to bother until after 3.5.1.

Waiting for the arcade hack to be finalized. Last I looked it was still being worked on.

Greg@GLD
11-09-2005, 09:49 AM
This is where that info can be found Yoo....

Greg@GLD
11-09-2005, 09:53 AM
My main objective is to integrate the main page theme into the forum and lose the blue on blue on more blue(VB default).

But as you say... it makes upgrade time a pain. I wasnt going to bother until after 3.5.1.

Waiting for the arcade hack to be finalized. Last I looked it was still being worked on.

Well, importing a styleset is easy to do and re-do, just import the XML file and then tweak a few templates and settings and you're done. There's a lot of free stylesets out there...
All I do is apply the security patches, like the one they sent out last week. There's too many cool hacks that are not yet available for the 3.5x series for me to think about upgrading yet. For now, our baord is secure with the applied patches. I just use Araxis Merge and create a "hybrid" file out of the new patch and my old modified files...

I think we discussed this at the cruise, I understand completely why you guys are hesitant to do heavy modification to the script... :thumbsup