PDA

View Full Version : Looking for quality indoor winter storage (possibly to work on vehicle) Wash. Co.

Syclone0044
11-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Looking for a place to store the truck for winter at minimum, BUT WOULD MUCH PREFER a place I can work on it (will pay appropriately). Heated would be even better but I have a kerosene heater I could use. Anyone have anything? I found an awesome shop for rent but they wanted $500 which was a bit more than I wanted to spend :D

Preferably within 30 minutes of the Slinger/West Bend area.

I am 25, easy to get along with in person, and willing to help work on your car if you need an extra set of hands.

PS: I'm aware of Jeff C5's storage but I can't accept his terms of locking the vehicle in permanently without access until spring.

SLOWC5
11-08-2005, 11:42 AM
:goof on you :)

classy sheds are only like $110 a month :thumbsup

goodluck, its expensive for storage no matter if its heated or not :crying

JEFF

loud91rs
11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
just out of curiosity where was the storage for $500? i used to be in a place in jackson that was pretty big and i could do whatever in it for $500 but it was a dump.

Syclone0044
11-08-2005, 05:53 PM
It was in Slinger somewhere, I can't remember exactly. I never really checked it out, just heard the guy's description and asked him some questions.

Slow Joe
11-09-2005, 11:14 PM
just out of curiosity where was the storage for $500? i used to be in a place in jackson that was pretty big and i could do whatever in it for $500 but it was a dump.

Yeah dude I remember that dump... lol, the floor was ****ed up... no lights... you could see light through the walls... lol... Does green acres still have storage open? I was paying what? $125/mo for what was essentially a 2 car garage with a double door.. With power... I thought that was a good deal, but maybe I'm crazy?

I mean **** I drink too much and attempt to dance like this :banana1:
I must be nuts :goof

Prince Valiant
11-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Josh, tell me what it's worth to you, and I'd consider letting you use my garage and air/tools/etc...

Syclone0044
11-10-2005, 01:14 AM
06v6StangPwr - Where is Green acres?

Chris (Valiant) - Wow - do you really have the space?? That's very generous. If I remember right that was just a 1 car garage? I'll think about it and PM you.

slow85vette
11-10-2005, 02:35 AM
There's some new storage places on Schmit Rd up in West Bend. I drive up that place every day. If you want a number and address, I can get it for you since its right on the sign. Just let me know.

loud91rs
11-10-2005, 09:32 AM
green acres is a place on main street in lannon. right by the falls. last i called a few weeks ago they were totally booked up. it's always worth a try. they are in the yellow pages under green acres self storage if you wanna look em up. good luck josh.

Syclone0044
11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
There's some new storage places on Schmit Rd up in West Bend. I drive up that place every day. If you want a number and address, I can get it for you since its right on the sign. Just let me know. Sure that sounds good. I can't remember where Schmidt. Rd. is right now.

loud91rs: I drive through lannon every day on my way home. Is it in the middle of a really hilly area just as you leave town heading North?

Thanks guys for your help! :)

loud91rs
11-10-2005, 10:32 AM
it's on main in a bit of an industrial type area. accord racing(used to be saber) snowmobile stuff is in there, and bodyworks plus/m&d automotive is on the corner right where you turn in. it's past the dealerships i believe heading north.

T-Bag
11-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Sure that sounds good. I can't remember where Schmidt. Rd. is right now.

loud91rs: I drive through lannon every day on my way home. Is it in the middle of a really hilly area just as you leave town heading North?

Thanks guys for your help! :)

The really hilly area you're talking about is lannon rd. If you go south to the intersection of lannon and main st, you'll go east. Right after the bus company (on the left), you'll see M&D auto and Bodyworks plus on your right. Turn down that road and you'll see green acres storage.

I also stored my stuff there. I got a real deep storage, wasn't real wide but enough to fit my four wheeler on it's trailer, and my old blazer in there, along with my tool box and a bunch of other stuff. It also has power. I paid $100 a month.

Syclone0044
11-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Do you think they let you work in there, or would they kick you out if they saw you doing it?

DirtyMax
11-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Maybe try looking up one of the local Slinger race teams and see if they'll rent you a corner of their shop.

loud91rs
11-10-2005, 05:21 PM
he doesn't care if you work on whatever in there...really he doesn't care what you do at all within reason and just as long as it's not hurting anything...oh and clean up if you spill(whoops :chair: )

T-Bag
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
he doesn't care if you work on whatever in there...really he doesn't care what you do at all within reason and just as long as it's not hurting anything...oh and clean up if you spill(whoops :chair: )

What he said.

He told me flat out he doesn't give a crap about what you do and understand a lot of people want to pursue their car hobbies. Just don't trash the place. You can build whatever you want inside of it as well, many people put lofts up which creates a whole lot of extra room. I put a bunch of shelves up in mine, along with my stereo system and a lot of fluorescent lighting. I always would work on my mustang and bike there. It was nice to have. It's also available 24/7.

I'll probably be getting another unit there come spring, because we don't have any more room up here for when I get another bike.

Slow Joe
11-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Yup, green acres is nice... lol, I've been busy so thanks guys for answering for me... Hard to get into though, when I got rid of my double he had someone ready to move in before I was done moving out... They open up more in the spring, but that's not going to help you this winter....

350-Z28
11-13-2005, 07:16 PM
If ya need it next season i'll have a garage open at little to no charge. Would ahve been this season but my friends porsche died....german POS. And this other guy was being an ass about some money i suposedly own him. But yeah next winter lemme know and my garage is your garage.

Syclone0044
11-29-2005, 05:13 PM
just out of curiosity where was the storage for $500? i used to be in a place in jackson that was pretty big and i could do whatever in it for $500 but it was a dump. Hey I found this one is available again, he can't get anyone to lease it. 1120 sq feet, they pay taxes, you pay utilities. It's in Slinger. From the outside it looked like a modern building. I told the guy I just want to store my car and work on it a bit and would he be interested in meeting me halfway between the price he was asking, and the cost of a regular storage unit? He replied asking how long of a lease and what is my offer? Would you be interested in going in with me on this one? It could be pretty kick ass to have a real shop with a big garage door and heat and power. Let me know soon. :thumbsup

loud91rs
11-29-2005, 06:24 PM
depending on how much and some of the other details...but yeah pm me and maybe we can work something out. :thumbsup

98whitegpgt
11-29-2005, 10:28 PM
sams club, buy a $200 shelter. Works for me, that way i can pull it into the garage whenever i wanna work on it.

Yooformula
11-29-2005, 10:31 PM
where and how much Josh?

Syclone0044
11-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Yoosof - check the beginning of the thread. He was asking $500 for a year now, and its in Slinger.

I'm definitely thinking of lowballing his ass. $200-$250? Split by 2 (or 3?) people that's not bad, plus utilities.