PDA

View Full Version : Wheel bearing ??s

Yooformula
11-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Should the bearing make a clicking sound? I am not sure if its normal from the ABS sensor or if its toast. I picked up new slotted/cd rotors and I was trying to pinpoint the reason why my car wanders while driving almost like something is dragging. The only issue I found was the clicking sound from the driver side hub. Any ideas??

chargedformula
11-07-2005, 12:10 PM
all the bearings i have ever seen are supposed to roll smoothly and shouldnt have much play in them or make noise.

Berettaspeed
11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
is it a noise like the ABS is kicking in?? or is it the wheel bearing?? when you drive does it pull or drift?? the ABS could be trying to kick in due to one tire rotating Faster/slower than the the others.

you could have got a bad wheel bearing.

Yooformula
11-08-2005, 07:30 AM
is it a noise like the ABS is kicking in?? or is it the wheel bearing?? when you drive does it pull or drift?? the ABS could be trying to kick in due to one tire rotating Faster/slower than the the others.

you could have got a bad wheel bearing.

The car pulls and drifts like crazy on the hwy. I have rotated tires already and same side drift. When I had the wheel/rotor off I spun the hub and the hub itself clicks but I cant tell if its the abs or the bearing.

Berettaspeed
11-08-2005, 09:35 AM
if your doing it on your own then its NOT the ABS, but the only other thing i can think of at this time would be a wheel bearing..... assuming the car never pulled before, i would have to say get another wheel bearing and see what happens. im sure the parts place would swap it out under defective.

Yooformula
11-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I just picked up a low mileage unit from TA creations. I didnt want to spend $175 for a new one:wow Thanks :thumbsup

Yooformula
11-14-2005, 05:34 PM
The new one just came in and already I can tell it was the bearing. the new used one I got for $20 is soooooooooo smooth.

00BlackZ28
06-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I am having a similar problem, just two quick questions; after you unplugged the old one and took off the four bolts... how easy did the hub come off? How many miles on the car when you did it?

Yooformula
06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
I am having a similar problem, just two quick questions; after you unplugged the old one and took off the four bolts... how easy did the hub come off? How many miles on the car when you did it?

Car had like 65k on it. I had to pound the living snot out of it to get it loose. Spray a ton of rust breaker on there and let it sit overnight then take a 5lb sledge to it and it should pop right off.