PDA

View Full Version : Any UFC fans?

Yooformula
11-06-2005, 10:31 AM
I've been an addict for some time now...anyone else watch the fights or the tv show? I was rooting for Luke and Rashad bigtime. Glad at least 1 pulled it out:thumbsup but damm did Luke bring a war with him!:devil

pOrk
11-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Rashad is the ******* man - I swear that guy is like a carp. He NEVER bleeds!!

Cryptic
11-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I havent caught a fight in a long while.

T-Bag
11-06-2005, 12:17 PM
I was watching the semi-finals last night, went to a party before the live finals came one. Who ended up winning? I was hoping for Luke and Rasha as well.

Nix
11-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Luke Cummo lost by decision, Rashad won 2-1 by the judges decision.

Both of those fights were close as hell, I was hoping that Cummo would pull it out. That guy was a for real sleeper in season 2.

Both of those fights reminded me of season one with Stephen Bonner and Forrest Griffin in the final match bewteen each other, when those guys went at it I swear there were bombs going off cause thos crazy fukers would not give in and smashed each others faces in.

Another good fight last night was Diaego Sanchez and Nick Diaz, thoses two on the ground was nuts!!! I had a hard time following what they were doing when they were just rolling all over each other. Anyone else see that one?

nismodave
11-06-2005, 01:04 PM
I never watched it B4, but it was on at the Bar llast night. The last match was boring. Looked like the one guy was trying to hump the other.

Cryptic
11-06-2005, 01:11 PM
I never watched it B4, but it was on at the Bar llast night. The last match was boring. Looked like the one guy was trying to hump the other.

I generalized comments like that to those who dont know what they are looking at. But I didnt see the fight now did I :durr

srt4eh
11-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm glad Luke lost....but damn - he held his own on the ground game. I just can't believe I sat through all of the choosing of the matches, semi-finals, and finals....damn.

nismodave
11-06-2005, 01:25 PM
I generalized comments like that to those who dont know what they are looking at. But I didnt see the fight now did I :durr

I know what boring is. Nobody in a packed bar cheered or anything.

You sound like Baseball Fans saying the same thing.

"You dont know what you are looking at."

:rolleyes:

Yooformula
11-06-2005, 02:12 PM
It was a great ground fight for Joe and Luke. Luke's standup is so suprising, you just dont expect him to hit so hard. I wanted him to win because he was the underdog. You can tell he was working on his ground game for Joe. After watching the match twice, it looked like Luke took the 3rd round easily but the 1st 2 rounds, Joe was way more aggressive.

Nick and Diego was a bloody pounding, you could tell Diego wanted to hurt Nick and it was great to shut his mouth up. Too bad even in the end, he couldnt admit Diego was a worthy to be there.

I still cant believe Rashad knocked Brad to the ground twice.:wow

I dont see how you can relate fighting to baseball but oh well, I cant stand baseball anyway. :headbang

Yooformula
11-06-2005, 02:13 PM

My bar actually had a decent group of people cheering on the Rashad fight, it didnt hurt to have the Bucks going on the screens with loud a$$ sound too though.

SlowStee
11-06-2005, 10:01 PM

You sound like Baseball Fans saying the same thing.

"You dont know what you are looking at."

:rolleyes:
you need to see a good match to understand what all the hype is about ;)

Cryptic
11-06-2005, 10:21 PM
I like watching a good ground game. I'm fascinated with ju-jit-su (SP?)

8 years of wrestling and 2 of coaching. Played around with judo when I was in the Navy. My brother wrestles for UWW. In my experience people with no experience in grappling sports, just dont know whats going on.

Like I said, I didnt see the match so I'm no one to say.

Yooformula
11-06-2005, 10:28 PM
UFC.tv (http://UFC.tv) I think they have replays on the site.

Lash
11-06-2005, 10:43 PM
It comes on again tonight at 11 p.m.
I love the UFC and have been addicted for the last few years. Nothing like having the guys over to drink a few beers and watch some dudes beat the piss out of eachother in a PPV event.

Rashad is going to be an animal at a lower weight class. Brad Imes should just stay home. Have you seen any of the other "big" guys from the heavyweights? He wont last 1 minute.

It's no surprise that Joe won.....but I did think that he would have put a little more hurt'n on Luke than he did. I would love to see Luke fight another stand up fighter though.

If any of you have ever seen Nick Diaz fight before...he always like that with the trash talk and lack of respect. I'm glad that prick got stomped. I just wish it would have ended by ref. stopage and a bloodied Diaz.

Kenny Florian looked pretty good in the first match too. He was just in the wrong weight class on last years show but did manage to make it to the finals...but got stomped by diego in the first round.

So...how long before the Diego vs. Joe match?? :D I'd pay for that.

Dont forget...Nov.19

Rich Franklin vs. Nate Quarry (from last years UFC show)
and
Matt Hughes vs. Joe Riggs

It's gonna be a good one!! :banana1:

Edit: Oh yeah...the Bucks are kicking ass this year!!!! It's about time.

Yooformula
11-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Agreed! I will be paying for UFC 56 without a doubt! :banana1:

PureSound15
11-06-2005, 10:59 PM
I joined a boxing club up by school and we do ultimate fighting every other wednesday, watching that show gets me all excited. I didn't know that many other people were that into it.

I think that if I didn't have the excellent wrestling coaching from Andy in high school I would probably get my ass kicked.

:banana1: <- the new hotness

pOrk
11-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Stupid Banana

Cryptic
11-07-2005, 02:44 AM
I think that if I didn't have the excellent wrestling coaching from Andy in high school I would probably get my ass kicked.
:banana1: <- the new hotness

If Coach Multch wasnt there, you guys would had it even harder. He was too nice. :devil

Me and Scott talked about going back to Ike and coaching this year, but schedules just wont allow :(

97z2801ss
11-07-2005, 09:23 AM
UFC is awesome! Luke will have a contract im sure so will Brad ihmes.. Those were 2 bad ass bouts... I think Matt hughs will whin his bout..at UFC 56....

Anyone remember ufc 50?? i believe ware that dude got his forearm broken and still was slamin dude untill the ref called it? That match was bad ass too.

PureSound15
11-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Me and Scott talked about going back to Ike and coaching this year, but schedules just wont allow :(

I just talked to my Mom this weekend (shes the athletic secretary for eisenhower now) and she said they have a new coach who has never been a head coach before. Too bad you guys can't help him out. I would if I weren't at schoo. I miss it.

Cryptic
11-07-2005, 12:53 PM
I can probably assistant coach. There's going to be times I just cant show up.

animal
11-07-2005, 03:02 PM
UFC 56

Geez, has there been that many?

I remember the night we rented 1-6!

These are getting to be like baseball... waaaay too many of them for just one to really mean anything.