PDA

View Full Version : Jarhead: The movie

ScottyB14
11-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Went and saw the movie last night and i think it was one of the better movies i've seen in a while. Its not your typical war mvoie with all the killing and such, it just shows close to what i would see as the truth about whats going on over thier. Very good movie tho. I would suggest seeing it to anyone. :thumbsup

Yooformula
11-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Seems like a good movie but whose truth does it appear to be from? Actual soliders' first hand experience truth or the truth that some movie execs and polotical activists think..I plan on watching it but I dont want to watch someone's opinion on why they think the war may/maybe not be wrong.

srt4eh
11-05-2005, 11:37 AM
the movie rocked......saw it last nite

Crawlin
11-05-2005, 11:39 AM
yoosof....

from what i heard from others, it's told from a SOLDIER'S standpoint. as in a marine wrote the book/movie. now of course a person's personal ideals will filter into something like this, but again, from what i heard it's very much non politically based.

srt4eh
11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
nope....wasnt political at all. they actually said "f*ck the politics" at one point. lol

Brian98GTP
11-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Sound like a good movie... but no shooting action?? :( :(

What about titties? :banana

srt4eh
11-05-2005, 12:07 PM
there is some shooting.....and there is a sex scene

HITMAN
11-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Sound like a good movie... but no shooting action?? :( :(

What about titties? :banana

You seem to be easily ammused...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/nono.gif

ScottyB14
11-05-2005, 12:45 PM
the point of view is from a soldier and what he goes through as far as training. their are quite a few shooting scenes but not gory at all as far as killings. just a good movie over all.

EvolvedRegal
11-05-2005, 03:28 PM
2 best war movies ever made:

Band of Brothers (all 10 hours)
Saving Private Ryan

Brian98GTP
11-05-2005, 04:11 PM
You seem to be easily ammused...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/nono.gif

Tell me about it..... I watched this guy dance for an hour yesterday>>> :banana1: :goof

USMARINE1108
11-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Tell me about it..... I watched this guy dance for an hour yesterday>>> :banana1: :goof

:rolf

HITMAN
11-05-2005, 09:23 PM

Hey, whatever floats your boat. :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
11-06-2005, 08:49 AM
I'll probably check this movie out...

one thing to keep in mind is that this may be a persons perspective, but it's a perspective of war...and war always suck ass. I would expect the movie to portray it as such.

The thing is, then the viewer will watch it and generally come away with a political motivation based on their own world view...even if their was nothing within the movie debating or questioning the basis/rationale for war. The anti-war activist comes away thinking "See! War sucks ass...we shouldn't be there. Even the soldier who wrote the story says as much"

Whereas a pro-war individual would think "Wow...these soldiers are fighting in this misearable conditions and STILL does there job. They must really believe in what they are doing and at the very least deserve my support"

Yooformula
11-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Sounds like a good movie! Hearing the title song from Kayne west and Jamie Fox as the headliner kinda swayed me from seeing it but judging from the reviews here I might see it. I dont mind other people's opinion on war and polotics but I dont want to pay to see a movie that may be missleading based on commercials than have somebody's political agenda shoved in my face.

Saw2 and Jarhead are on my tops to see for sure.

STEALTHZR2
11-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Saw the movie Friday night. I thought it was great.

T-Bag
11-06-2005, 12:15 PM
It's a pretty good movie without all the political bullshit. I'm sure you could find some if you were trying...but what's the point of enjoying the movie then? The book was HEAVILY lobsided and the marine/author came across as a whiny *****, thankfully they cut all that from the movie.

All the actors did a good job, Jake actually impressed me, I didn't think he could do much more than be Bubble Boy, ha.

There were a couple of hippies in the crowd that started spouting random **** at the end of the movie (if you've seen it, you'll understand, think of the last couple of lines said). Needless to say they got a lot of heat, especially from my friend and his brother's wife who is in the Marines and over in Iraq. Can't people just STFU with their bullsh!t in a movie?

ScottyB14
11-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I'll probably check this movie out...

one thing to keep in mind is that this may be a persons perspective, but it's a perspective of war...and war always suck ass. I would expect the movie to portray it as such.

The thing is, then the viewer will watch it and generally come away with a political motivation based on their own world view...even if their was nothing within the movie debating or questioning the basis/rationale for war. The anti-war activist comes away thinking "See! War sucks ass...we shouldn't be there. Even the soldier who wrote the story says as much"

Whereas a pro-war individual would think "Wow...these soldiers are fighting in this misearable conditions and STILL does there job. They must really believe in what they are doing and at the very least deserve my support"

It shows points of view from both sides. You got a few guys who love neing their but yet i could never see myself their under the conditions that it showed then you have the guy thats all excited to get their and then when he does, he hates it and wishes he wasnt.

awsomeears
11-06-2005, 01:41 PM
2 best war movies ever made:

Band of Brothers (all 10 hours)
Saving Private Ryan

Saving Private Ryan is the best :thumbsup

Every time I see that move I get choked up :( crazy crazy crazy stuff