PDA

View Full Version : "Saw 2" Movie Review

Syclone0044
11-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Last night I saw "Saw 2" at the theater. I saw the original "Saw" and thought it was really good for what it was - a gruesome horror film. I liked the clever traps the killer set, it was very original.

Saw 2 is definitely along the same lines as Saw, except about "10 times" more gruesome. :stare If I remember right, the worst part of Saw was when the guy finally cut his own arm off. That part is nothing compared to Saw 2. This movie is truly horrific and I even had to look away from the screen a few times, I can't remember ever doing that before in a theater. I started to wonder if anyone in the audience would walk out of the theater. A little further into the movie I started considering if anyone was going to bolt up from their seat and run out of the theater! :D I won't spoil any of the traps for you who are going to see it, but I'll summarize and say if you have seen those videos online that sometimes get passed around messageboards of some foreigner getting executed, or exploded by a car, etc. this was quite a bit more disturbing. It got to the point that I started wondering if it was a good idea to have the general public watch a movie like this and I hoped there wouldn't be any copycat crimes in the future. I hate censorship more than anyone so I have no problem with this being available but if I was on the ratings board I would have thought hard about giving it an NC-17 rating. If this movie came out 10 (or maybe even 5 years ago) there's no way it'd be in theaters. I think this movie is really merely a front for the authors to compete for having the most gruesome scenes ever - and they piece them together to form a movie, but any one scene could easily be deleted and it wouldn't affect the movie in any way. Especially the lame ass ending, I think it was tacked on after production so they could allow for a third movie in the series.

So to summarize, I thought the movie did very well in following suit of the series, more clever traps, it really delivered what it advertises, and they did a bullseye in their goal to push the envelope of violence/torture on film. Just don't see it with anyone who might not be able to handle it (my girlfriend probably looked away from the screen more than she watched it.)

ThatWhiteCivic
11-04-2005, 02:45 PM
I thought it was a good movie start to finish :thumbsup

theavenger333
11-04-2005, 02:46 PM
josh you type WAY too much. and the guy cuts his foot off, not his arm. i saw it last weekend. good movie, the slogan of the movie is..... "and there will be blood" and they ain't lying. the plot is very good i thought, lots of twists. but you best have a strong stomach.

Cryptic
11-04-2005, 02:54 PM
not reading (afraid of spoiler)...

but I scene the original and I definately wanna see #2

wikked
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I saw it two nights in a row, lots of "oh hell no"'s from the crowd :thumbsup

Fun Fact:

The guy chained up in the 1st one (not Cary Elwes) was the writer/director as well.

hrsp
11-04-2005, 05:12 PM
great movie

Teufelhunden
11-07-2005, 11:35 AM
I saw Saw 2 too. I liked it. Go see now.

PonyKiller87
11-07-2005, 12:19 PM
I thought was awesome. Unlike most other horror movies it wasnt competely predicatable, and the things I did guess didn't really matter in the end anyways. Great Movie.

I also though about how it might not be a good idea for some people to see this movie. Hopefully anyone that might be sick enough to try and do something like this wouldn't be nearly smart enough to build any of the traps.

SlowStee
11-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah I wonder IF anyone ever thinks of what this movie promotes

Syclone0044
11-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I thought it was strange that it's acceptable for the general public to see sadistic death and torture (something we hope never happens), but naked adults having sex (something virtually everyone does in their lifetime) - now THAT's "indecent". http://www.warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/coco.gif Who's got their priorities confused?

juicedimpss
11-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I thought the movie sucked,aside from the extremely sick ****.

A B4C Z
11-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I think it sucked.

Kyle

Prince Valiant
11-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I thought it was strange that it's acceptable for the general public to see sadistic death and torture (something we hope never happens), but naked adults having sex (something virtually everyone does in their lifetime) - now THAT's "indecent". http://www.warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/coco.gif Who's got their priorities confused?
And guys wack off all the time too...but that doesn't keep it from being indecent if done in public now does it? :goof

wikked
11-08-2005, 06:22 AM
I thought the movie sucked,aside from the extremely sick ****.

I think it sucked.

Kyle

You two, fight to the death!
No wait, I mean... tell me some movies you've seen that you think didn't suck, just curious. :D

juicedimpss
11-08-2005, 10:41 AM
^^^
too funny.
I would almost say Forest Gump was better.lol

GTSLOW
11-09-2005, 01:16 AM
I bought it yesterday, GREAT movie!! The glass box thing was SICK also the pit of $#^@dles!!!!!!!!

floaters
11-09-2005, 01:30 AM
saw 2 was hilarious. very good movie

wikked
11-09-2005, 10:04 AM
I bought it yesterday, GREAT movie!! The glass box thing was SICK also the pit of $#^@dles!!!!!!!!

Where do you buy these things :goof
Is it just a recording of some guy in a theatre with a camcorder?

Teufelhunden
11-09-2005, 12:20 PM
South Korea

GTSLOW
11-10-2005, 01:38 AM
South Korea

Yep, have you ever been here? :thumbsup

wikked
11-10-2005, 06:05 AM
damn, i want a copy :D

GTSLOW
11-11-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm going to get Jarhead tonight.

Jeff
11-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I just watched SAW 1 last night, im looking forward to seeing it, dispite the mixed reviews here. Maybe ill like it, my g/f made me watch the first one so we could see the second one, but we'll see how much of it she watches and how much of it shes in my shoulder for :rolf