PDA

View Full Version : Winter vacation advice needed...

Al
11-03-2005, 12:02 AM
I've been trying to make it out to the Rockies for the past 8 years to go skiing. Unfortuneately, this plan has been foiled for reasons ranging from not being able to get off of work, no $, dad said no (long time ago).

LUCKILY, this year I have a good job, can get time off, and have a month without school.

Now I know that some of you have gone out there before, so I am wondering what would you recomend for a economy-priced route without taking the crap-route.

I am planning to go on my own, but I have found various groups heading that way whith whom I might get a group rate. One sight I found is collegeskitrips.com, but I'll keep looking for more.

BTW- skiing is the only sport that I am really good at.

Russ Jerome
11-03-2005, 12:23 AM
BTW- skiing is the only sport that I am really good at.

Thats to bad, I hit West Palm beach a week before X-mas till well
after the 1st. We have a game called "Sit in the sun sucking Corona's
till your full" we play daily and I have met verry few who dont do it
well :)

Fly out before x-mas and back after first for cheap air fares, everything
from beer, chease and gas is cheaper there ta boot! Oh and the girls
wear bikini's year round :) With this years storms vacancy's will be high!

Max 93
11-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Thats to bad, I hit West Palm beach a week before X-mas till well
after the 1st. We have a game called "Sit in the sun sucking Corona's
till your full" we play daily and I have met verry few who dont do it
well :)

I love that game :thumbsup

jbiscuit
11-03-2005, 08:05 AM
if you want to ski?: Jackson Jole, WY.....gorgeous area. LOTS of snow

TransAm12sec
11-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Gotta love Sunburst.

I've been to Colorado twice. I'll probably go there next year with my family. We took a plane during thanksgiving with the club ?Shussboomers?.

Have you been to Lutsen? I'm going there right before Christmas. It has 4 mountains; it's a good time. From Milwaukee, you spend as much time driving as you do skiing for a weekend(Sat-Sun). With Colorado, you spend more then twice the time driving as you do skiing.

Are you on any ski teams? What kind of skis do you have?

Cascade is a nice short trip also.

I went to Whistler last winter. That was a very good time. Even though there wasn't much snow, I've never skied runs so intense. I was really out of shape for the mogul runs they have. God that was a fun week.

Would you like me to get ahold of my old coach? I know he's driven there a few times with friends.

Crawlin
11-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Went to Vail two years ago; Mammoth Lakes, CA this past january; and was supposed to go to Whistler this year, but decided with the group to do Vail again. Just so much stuff around. So we'll probably do Keystone, then Breckenridge, then Vail for the final days. Doing the other areas just cause friends will be there at the same time.

Syclone0044
11-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Gotta love Sunburst. Yeah I got a season pass. We should meet up there sometime?? :D (Unless you were being sarcastic mentioning a Wisconsin hill in this thread of Colorado vacations).

HITMAN
11-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Colorado Skiing? One word...
TELLURIDE (http://www.tellurideskiresort.com/TellSki/)

TransAm12sec
11-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah I got a season pass. We should meet up there sometime?? :D (Unless you were being sarcastic mentioning a Wisconsin hill in this thread of Colorado vacations).

I'll be home for about a month starting christmas. Just pm or e-mail me.