PDA

View Full Version : leak

Cleveland Dave
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
ive been noticing that my car has been leaking something in the garage the last couple of weeks...so i jacked it up...i have no idea what im looking at or how bad it is...its not a big pool on the ground just maybe about 3inch radius.

here is the picture of where its leaking from

http://www.midwestautosports.com/leak.jpg

what is it...how bad is it and how fvcked am i?

Yooformula
11-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I would clean it up and see exactly where the leak is coming from. That is the driver side I believe and I cant think of what would leak there except for maybe the bottom of the timing cover or the pan itself..sorry nothing useful from me..:confused

Cleveland Dave
11-02-2005, 04:14 PM
the shot is from me lying on my back the top of the pic is the alternator and the black bar is the sway bar i believe. its in the middle of the car i came in from the front and slided back to take the pic.

jbiscuit
11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I would vote for the timing cover???

Cleveland Dave
11-02-2005, 04:38 PM
well ok that wasnt the spot where it i was getting the spot from...im getting it from the back of the tranny.

Cleveland Dave
11-02-2005, 04:40 PM
im going to have it checked out tommarow dad said he would pay for it.

350-Z28
11-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Well in that case have them rebuild the engine while they're at it =P

jbiscuit
11-03-2005, 07:54 AM
well ok that wasnt the spot where it i was getting the spot from...im getting it from the back of the tranny.

aaaaaa what? :confused

Cryptic
11-03-2005, 08:07 AM
cracked block, your fuct... :goof

I'd say right from that corner there... clean it up and check it after a little bit.

Yooformula
11-03-2005, 09:57 AM
If you are sure its coming from the tranny then it would be from the slave cylinder. When they leak, it comes out behind the housing.

Cleveland Dave
11-03-2005, 12:59 PM
aaaaaa what? :confused

well the picture i have apparently its leaking but thats not what i was getting the spots from its leaking more from the tranny...i suspect the master / slave cylinder as well since ive been having problems with the clutch pedel sticking to the floor.

the stuff in the picture i tightened the bolts so hopefully that wont be a problem

Cleveland Dave
11-03-2005, 01:01 PM
im having it checked out at 3:30

BAD LS1
11-03-2005, 01:40 PM
its between the pan and the timing chain cover, kinda common place to leak, i could have fixed that for you for a smallish fee... i dont understand people wanting to get their eyeballs gouged out and then skull ****ed by local service shops, but hey whatever i manage one that does just that LOL

Cleveland Dave
11-03-2005, 03:47 PM
haha maybe ill have u check out the timing cover. i tightened the bolts a bit...is there something else i should do?

i had them look at the tranny and the guy said it looked as though the seal was leaking...that they had to remove the driveshaft or something and its something fairly easy. charge would be about 100 bucks. so not too bad i guess...and since my dad is paying for it im having it fixed monday.

A B4C Z
11-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Being Where the build up is i would say its not comming from the trans. Going down the road its going to blow backwards(being on the trans then). You need to RTV the corner of the timing cover to oil pan. Id almost gaurentee thats where its comming from. Wash it off with some brakekleen and check it out in a few days. If its comming from the hole in the bottom of the bellhousing it could also be the rear main.