PDA

View Full Version : SCC Ultimate Street Car Challenge

turbogarrett
11-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Anybody check out the Dec. issue with the results? I was hoping Mark C's RX7 would've placed a little higher, but 7th place on a $20k total build, finished literally hours before the event, without the big dollar crews and professional driver aint all that bad :thumbsup If the abs system had not failed and they had a little more time to prep the car.......oh well there's always next year.

I believe this is the first rx7 to even finish in the contest, guess why :D

Syclone0044
11-01-2005, 06:58 PM
What's the nature of the challenge?

turbogarrett
11-01-2005, 07:56 PM
What's the nature of the challenge?

Cars are evaluated on
-base price
-grandma test
-car show
-guru panel
-peak power
-power delivery
-driveability
-emissions
-fuel economy
-1/4 mile
-20-100 mph
-60-0 mph
-skidpad
-road course
-gross display of hp

I was suprised to see no c5 z06's, viper, porsche or other halfway exotic cars this year. They should rename it the jdm streetcar challenge :D

Cryptic
11-01-2005, 09:26 PM
where was all this?

turbogarrett
11-01-2005, 09:52 PM
where was all this?

Sport compact car magazine http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/toc/thismonth/

theavenger333
11-01-2005, 11:41 PM
SCC is probably the best all around magazine i read, they're VERY fair on their analysis of vehicles, and test very fairly. they definatly don't get brand loyal. that and they flog the living crap outta cars

SloFarmTruck
11-02-2005, 06:36 PM
I do have to add that it is a very neat competition that they put on, since it is open to the public, as long as your car gets voted in.

Syclone0044
11-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Sounds like an awesome, grueling, well organized event. :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
11-03-2005, 12:43 AM
SCC is probably the best all around magazine i read, they're VERY fair on their analysis of vehicles, and test very fairly. they definatly don't get brand loyal. that and they flog the living crap outta cars
:confused

Wasn't this the magazine that used to (or still does :confused ) let christian rado write a column every month? That right there relagates this magazine to being a touch less readable than ****-stained toilet paper...

The impression I had always had, when the magazine was relatively new, was that the guys writing the mags were journalist who didn't know crap about cars, writing about cars. They were better than some car magazines that only wrote about cars and the stero and games systems used in them, and then about how they could never get a chick like the one posing on the car to like them...

I have noticed that SCC has gotten some things better...there tech has improved, but is still somewhat simplistic. They'll get things wrong on occassion...last thing I remember was a discussion about cooling systems that had a couple inaccuracy's with regards to energy transfers...

Syclone0044
11-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Chris , if you want a magazine that's gonna knock your socks right off and more , get ahold of "Engine Masters".. It only comes out a few times a year but I get it at Barnes and Noble. It's like a child magazine of Popular Hot Rodding except it's 100% pure tech. www.enginemasters.com

theavenger333
11-03-2005, 03:13 PM
no idea, i usually read their project cars and stuff. the tire anaylsis they do as well as a few other things i loved. i never read an article by Christian Rado though. i do'nt subscribe to any car magazines anymore, i used to have 8 subscriptions, got tired of that fast.