PDA

View Full Version : Evo, DSM, LS1, and GN people come on in

EvolvedRegal
10-30-2005, 11:31 AM
I found a new product, not too sure if has been mentioned before but for everyone running a MAF this will allow you to delete it from the car. I know of one person running this and it works great. The Hz reading from this product is much more linear and best of all creates more hp. Ill most likely order one within a week or so, just have to get the new motor into the Evo.

http://www.maftpro.com

BAD LS1
10-30-2005, 11:49 AM
There are quite a few people running maf-less in the LS1 community. When i tune LS1 cars, i dissable the maf anyway and make it run in speed density (except vettes) then dial in the long term fuel trims to get them with in a -10 or +10 from 0 then dissable the power enrichment, dissable longterm fuel trim correction then dial in the short term trims to get as close to 0 as possible, them enable the maf, drive it a bit, get the computer to relearn the changes i made and see where the Longterm trims are from there. then i go in and fine tune the maf table, say the L trims are at -5 at idle and cruising, id take out 3% accross the whole maf table, then id be about -2 at all load ranges, which about as perfect as youll get, and instantly 0 out anything more than 1/4 throttle, so there is no extra fuel being added or taken out at WOT.

Now to the moral of my story: when tuning in speed density IMO from what i felt and seen and heard from other who have done it ( which is only one locally that i know of) they said it seemed better intially, but it was very suseptable to weather changes and didnt run as good in some weather as others, where with the maf in place yet, seems to be rock solid and performs equal in all conditions. Another note, those of us that use dry nitrous shots require spraying through the maf, for it to pick up on the more dense mass moving through the sensor to add fueling accordingly. Im not a big fan of wet kits on a LS1 unless is direct port.

EvolvedRegal
10-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Well I just ordered this. I was think of running a blow-through type set-up for the erratic weather up here but with the way the Evo project is happening it seems the cobra MAF will still be a little restrictive, so I went the speed density route.

Too bad the AWD dyno in waukesha closed then I could get a before and after comparison. I know when the turbo went on I pulled 372.4 with the AFR's still in the 10.5 area, since then it's been leaned out to around 11.1-11.3 this is still on the safe side, so I'm sure Im right around 380-385whp with it being leaned out a little more and bumped the timing to about 22 up top all on 93. I also have another map for my methanol which rocks. But that system is getting redone to clean up the wiring and hide other things.

I decided to get this unit up and running before the new motor and turbo go in over the winter to try and get a feel for it.

jbiscuit
10-31-2005, 01:27 PM
any pics of the project/build? your EVO sounds impressive

EvolvedRegal
10-31-2005, 01:47 PM
any pics of the project/build? your EVO sounds impressive

Which project? Evo or regal? The evo is decent for what it is, but I get bored with the power very quickly. What will be going in this winter is a 2.0 stroked out to a 2.3 and a www.full-race.com GT35r turbo kit, it should be good for about 480whp on 93, 511whp on meth and 600 on C-16.

Teufelhunden
10-31-2005, 02:42 PM
I didn't view the website but I bet its something like a HKS VPC.

EvolvedRegal
10-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Yuck, I'm not the biggest fan of HKS, over priced crap. I am on HKS EVC V number 3, the one i have now actually hold the boost, but my wastegate is getting weak, on meth I can only hit 26psi right now.

Something similar, but there is no need to reburn the prom, the maftpro is all software upgradeable. And for a little over 1k definately not worth it, id rather spend another 500 and get the EMS. the entore set-up cost just over 450 with harnesses, AIT, and MAP sensors. Since I am the 3rd evo guinea pig he cut me a small discount

EvolvedRegal
11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Well it's installed and working, it just like an afc controller just a lot better. It has afr tracking ability so you put in your desired afr and it will hold it there. All I need now is a scan tool those are a little scarce around here so if anyone knows where to pick up one please let me know.

Teufelhunden
11-02-2005, 09:14 AM
How much was the new piggy back again with the senors?

Yuck, I'm not the biggest fan of HKS, over priced crap. I am on HKS EVC V number 3, the one i have now actually hold the boost, but my wastegate is getting weak, on meth I can only hit 26psi right now.To each his own, I've had great experiences with HKS products. For example, I've had a the same HKS EVC IV(which I purchased used on eBay, $300) for about 5 years now. Rock solid boost control. :banana1:

EvolvedRegal
11-02-2005, 01:21 PM
go to www.maftpro.com

I already had the MAP sensor, everything came out to right around 440 without shipping. SO if you need a map sensor tack on another 50-60.

The power is very smooth, tip-in needs to be adjusted since between 5-10psi there is a small hesitation then after 10psi the car friggin takes off all the way to 23. In first I can spin pretty much all the way through now. Kinda fun seeing an AWD car slid all over the road.

EvolvedRegal
11-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Im not a type of persom that shows motors to everyone but I wanted to show you all lthat this product works awsome

Before:
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTExNzIzMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

And after:
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTExNzIzMjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

EvolvedRegal
11-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Well after about a week of playing with this it seems to work pretty good. I have started creating different bins for different fuels so far I have 93 low boost-19psi, 93 high boost-23psi, 93/meth low boost 19psi, 93/meth high boost 29psi. It took all of 2-3 hours last night with my friend driving the car. I must say that running meth on high boost was tricky because we kept running out of road, I do most of my tuning in BFE with no people and straight roads.

nitrous
11-08-2005, 11:30 AM
This has been around for years now. Just to a lesser extent.

MAFT+