PDA

View Full Version : Amputation tomorrow

Larry99TA
10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
As many of you know for almost 2 years now I've been fighting a major battle with my left foot. Well its a battle I'm going to lose, tomorrow afternoon I will be going into surgery, and they will be amputating my left foot. Actually the cut will be 5 inches below my left knee. I should be able to fit a prosthetic leg on it when everything heals. So then I'll be able to get back into the world of the living again and finally lose this damm wheelchair. It'll be so good to be able to go to the car shows, the meets, and the dyno pulls. But the real thing is it will be great to see all of you guys again. I've watched two summers come and go, and I'm not going to watch a third one go by, and I'll be dammed if i'm going to miss my wife's graduation from Alverno College this coming May. So tomorrow, Friday the 28th at 1pm my life starts a new chapter. It was originally suppose to be at 11am but yesterday they called and changed my time. The surgery will be in Milwaukee at St. Lukes hospital, Recovery from the surgery itself should take five to seven days, then they will move me to the rehab wing to start my rehab. I really covert your prayers at this time and I hope to see you all real soon.

God Bless you all,
Larry

Pantera99GS
10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Wow- I'm really sorry to hear that! But if it will make you more mobile and out of a wheelchair, then it will all be worth it. I worked at St. Lukes for over 7 years, there's some great people there to take care of you. Good luck to you man!

Korndogg
10-27-2005, 11:38 AM
I hope all goes well! Have a quick recovery.

Prince Valiant
10-27-2005, 11:41 AM
You've got the postive outlook and acceptance that is needed for a sucessful outcome...plus the determination to participate in life's events to focus your energies toward rehab. I think you'll do just fine! Good luck!

Teufelhunden
10-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Wishing you the best and a fast recovery.

Yooformula
10-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Larry, We'll be praying for you! Maybe you'll be able to get behind the wheel of that TA again. GodBless! Do you have a room # yet? Whats your last name Larry?

Nix
10-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Larry I somewhat know how you feel and it will be a rough road but by what you posted it seems your ready to "take the bull by the horns" and keep movin on. You have the perfect attitude from what I read. You will be in my prayers and I truly hope everything goes well for you brother. God bless and take care, keep us updated when possible too!!

GRNDNL
10-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Good luck Larry, you'll be in our thoughts.....

DirtyMax
10-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Best of luck for a speedy recovery! ;)

Crawlin
10-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Larry...

I'm not a religious man... But I'm sure God will be listening to my prayers for a safe surgery and good recovery for you! Known you a long time, and it'll be cool to see you out and about my friend!

Chris

Silver350
10-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Wow.... I don't know what to say other then Best of luck to you Larry, I will be praying for you and all your BCM buddy's will be waiting for you to join us on our events once again.

animal
10-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Well at least it's the clutch foot and not the brake/gas foot :) Who needs them damn manual transmissions anyways :)

Good luck man!!

Cryptic
10-27-2005, 02:21 PM
One of our family's best friends that we hunt every year with lost his leg just above the knee couple years ago. He still hunts with us the entire season, not to mention shoots better than most of us.

I wish you a fast recovery.

-Andy

T-Bag
10-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery. You have an awesome attitude about this, which will help even more.

SMS 1
10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
OMG! Wow, get better soon and God be with you. You're in our prayers here.

Lash
10-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine!

HP ADDICT
10-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Best of luck to you....hope we see you out first thing in the spring running 10's. :headbang

pOrk
10-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Dont think I've met you before, but your outlook is definatly where it should be in a time like this. My mother struggled with a disease in her intestines for YEARS, not being able to leave the house to go to outings, dinner, car rides. 12 years went by of me never being able to do things with her and she was FINALLY offered a surgery to correct the problem. She had her surgery almost 5 years ago at that same hosiptal, and all of our lives in my family have been brightened.

Best of luck before, during, and after the surgery. Look foward to meeting you next season, and much congrats to your wife for graduating!

HITMAN
10-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I don't think we've ever met, but you seem to be a nice guy and you have a great attitude about your situation. That is over half the battle, right there. Best of luck in your surgery and may you have a speedy recovery.

Poncho
10-27-2005, 11:13 PM
I met ya years ago, but also haven't seen you in years, you're a great guy Larry, I'll be prayin' for ya.

Corvette Jabo
10-28-2005, 06:36 AM
May God bless you Larry!

Jabo

BlownMe
10-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Good luck today buddy! Know that you're in our thoughts and prayers throughout your battle. Keep us posted on the progress.

Lekan

Scales
10-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I remember meeting you once at one of the BK shows. You seem like a really nice guy and I hope everything works out for you! Best wishes on a speedy recovery, and congrats to your wife!

Heat Seeker WS6
10-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Hang in there big guy- Looking forward too seeing you out and about again!
best wishes
john

slow85vette
10-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Good luck Larry. May God be with you.

slow90z
10-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Never met ya, but best of luck with this.

PARALYZER
11-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Wow, Larry. I hope you have a speedy recovery. My prayers are with you man.
Marv