PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever hear of Delusion H Performance?

MoreTorque
10-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Saw one of their cars flyin down the Hwy 16 and Hwy 94 in and out of traffic so I decided to stretch the legs of the big diesel :durr Nothin like a stock diesel trying to make a freeway run :goof

Has anyone ever heard of these guys? Do they put out decent cars? Their site says they do full exhaust work and LSx/LT1 work.

Here is the one I saw: http://www.delusionh.com/natecmember.html

Yooformula
10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Sharp looking car but when did blue baker hoses count as a performance mod?

Crawlin
10-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Hahaha...

anyone that lists a SHITLOAD of import crap... and then suddenly lists the two most popular V8 engines rightnow, in my opinion doesn't know **** about 'em

Teufelhunden
10-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Here is the one I saw: http://www.delusionh.com/natecmember.htmlThat Exterior mod category should be labeled "Extra Weight"

Flight_740
10-27-2005, 12:50 PM
That Exterior mod category should be labeled "Extra Weight"

Or how about this? :sgay

Teufelhunden
10-27-2005, 12:52 PM
That would work too.

Al
10-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Judging by the number of car parts that they are selling, I think that they are a chop shop too.

SlowStee
10-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Hahaha...

anyone that lists a SHITLOAD of import crap... and then suddenly lists the two most popular V8 engines rightnow, in my opinion doesn't know **** about 'em
yeah thats kind of scary...

DirtyMax
10-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Judging by the number of car parts that they are selling, I think that they are a chop shop too.

You have a point. But if they are dumb enough to try and sell it on the int@rw3b (with pics no doubt) then they are Darwin candidates fo' sho'... :goof

Lash
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh snap!!!! A celica with a turbo exhaust, blue hose kit, and an AEM intake!!!!

Where do I sign up?????

:P

UnderPSI
10-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Pretty much any place that lists any kind of lighting or lens replacement or billet oil cap or what spark plugs they use as modifications isn't really worth anyones time.

Lash
10-27-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't see one stinking LSX or LT1 car on their site..lol. Just a bunch of imports.

I'm wondering where their "shop" is.

HP ADDICT
10-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Pretty much any place that lists any kind of lighting or lens replacement or billet oil cap or what spark plugs they use as modifications isn't really worth anyones time.
But man it has an autometer VOLTAGE GUAGE!!!!!!!!! I can only dream of a modification such as this!!

UnderPSI
10-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Yea, but once you have that you know you are going to want to get the Amp. temp. guage. Then you can monitor your amp performance as well as your car performance. They should change the name of the shop to "Clear Corners Performance" they would have all the racers coming there then.

GTSLOW
10-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Saw one of their cars flyin down the Hwy 16 and Hwy 94 in and out of traffic so I decided to stretch the legs of the big diesel :durr Nothin like a stock diesel trying to make a freeway run :goof

Has anyone ever heard of these guys? Do they put out decent cars? Their site says they do full exhaust work and LSx/LT1 work.

Here is the one I saw: http://www.delusionh.com/natecmember.html

Dunno I've always looked at it like this. If its got more mods under exterior than engine then its usually :rice

But that particular one doesnt look to bad.

jbiscuit
10-28-2005, 07:45 AM
If its got more mods under exterior than engine then its usually :rice

have to disagree with you there. There are a lot of cars out there that have "bolt-on" performance parts and a lot of exterior items and that wouldn't classify them as RICE to me. My wagon for instance has a few bolt ons and a lot of appearance mod and none of those exterior appearance mods are valve stem lights, clear corners, washer nozzle lights or underbody neon kits....
:shades

GTSLOW
10-28-2005, 08:39 AM
have to disagree with you there. There are a lot of cars out there that have "bolt-on" performance parts and a lot of exterior items and that wouldn't classify them as RICE to me. My wagon for instance has a few bolt ons and a lot of appearance mod and none of those exterior appearance mods are valve stem lights, clear corners, washer nozzle lights or underbody neon kits....
:shades

then its usually :rice

GRNDNL
10-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Hartland Address with a Merton Phone #.....Hmmm never heard of them before...

I wonder if the white Prelude that is on there site is the one I beat with the Excursion last year... :D ...

Never...Ever race a Diesel with your window open and lose...... :rolf

Teufelhunden
10-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Never...Ever race a Diesel with your window open and lose...... :rolf BWAHAHAHA :thumbsup

Al
10-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Is there a pun intended with that name?

"delusional" !?!

BAD LS1
10-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Couple sharp looking hatches in there.... The rat bastards dont even have any D-series parts! no one gives a rip in the aftermarket about the 01+ civic rice dept for performance LOL cant imagine why....

I dont see jack on the LS1 shiza either? Hmmm more people you'd think would build those celica's if they were able to be made quick?

SLOWC5
10-31-2005, 07:00 PM
saw a couple of these sweet rides on friday night, most were beat up with dents all over the place. bunch of kids with no idea

JEFF

GrimreaperSS
10-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Surprised you dont see more of them Jeff. Nate lives in my subdivison. And from what I hear, their shop is his home garage. I see that black celica almost everyday, also a red hatch car, and a white prelude. They go past my house way too many times a day. Nate Chilson was a couple years behind us in school. His sister was a year behind us I think. As for most of your guys statements, I would say you are right on! I havent seen anything worthwhile come outta there. I have never seen a LS/LT1 car at their place!. I wouldnt even want those guys touching my car. Not quite sure why either, but I do know the local PD has been keeping an eye on them. Probably just neighbor complaints. Stupid rice. :loser

ChargedZ28
01-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi, I met Nate from Delusion H Performance a few years back when he installed my supercharger. I was a little skeptical about having an import shop work on my car but Nate proved very knowledgable about forced induction. He did a great job on my car and I will definitely take it back to him sometime down the road. When I was in there the first few times I asked him how he got started with his business. He told me that he first started out of his parents garage and since then has moved into a building. Hes been there for about 4 years now. I guess he started with internet sales in high school and has now moved to a larger facility. I still stop in there every once in a while to see how things are going and what hes working on. A few cars that I've seen come out of there: Nissan 240sx w/RB26dett - super fast and sounds real nice, a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo MR - putting out 445hp, a Subaru WRX - 375hp, a Miata with a 302, and of course typical Honda swapped stuff. He's also an auto body guy so I will be taking my maro to him in spring for a few touch up things. I see a lot of potential with his shop, for someone that in his mid 20's taking a risk like he is I give him a thumbs up.

Oh and I'm sorry for bringing this out of the grave haha, but I figured I give Nate a shout out for coming a long way with his shop.

xxsn0blindxx
01-26-2010, 05:16 PM
I drive by this place every day, they on Watertown road just west of Red Rooster.

MoCkiN U
01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
wow old thread

Firefighter Z
01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
What the hell? We have a thread on here thats this old?

Josepy
01-26-2010, 08:36 PM
First Post on the site is to dig up a 5 year old thread. Seems odd.

Lash
01-26-2010, 08:40 PM
First Post on the site is to dig up a 5 year old thread. Seems odd.

uh yeah.

Shameless plug for somebodies business perhaps.

GTSLOW
01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Douche nozzle alert.

That_Guy
01-26-2010, 11:26 PM
i had a run in with this fella.. he kept trying to fuck with me on my way into work one day.. im not sure if he didnt get the point i wasn't intrested when i kept drinking my coffee and laughing at bob and brian

side note epic old thread

lordairgtar
01-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Wow, I didn't notice the dates until it was pointed out. However, that being said, I think anyone who would use a name like that for a performance shop (no matter how good or bad) has got their head so far up the collective hip hop culture's ass, it isn't funny. DelusionH?!? Sounds more like a record or clothing shop. Use your name or a word that denotes performance, not some word that means an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary,
a mistaken or unfounded opinion or idea; "he has delusions of competence"; "his dreams of vast wealth are a hallucination"the act of deluding; deception by creating illusory ideas

SSLEVO
01-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I don't think that was a plug, i would put money it's the guy himself. Do you have any sweet parts for my 09 civic si? I've been looking for a body kit all over the place and can't find shit! How about a turbo exhaust? Can you make it sound like it has a turbo???

Z28Envy
01-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Hi, I met Nate from Delusion H Performance a few years back when he installed my supercharger. I was a little skeptical about having an import shop work on my car but Nate proved very knowledgable about forced induction. He did a great job on my car and I will definitely take it back to him sometime down the road. When I was in there the first few times I asked him how he got started with his business. He told me that he first started out of his parents garage and since then has moved into a building. Hes been there for about 4 years now. I guess he started with internet sales in high school and has now moved to a larger facility. I still stop in there every once in a while to see how things are going and what hes working on. A few cars that I've seen come out of there: Nissan 240sx w/RB26dett - super fast and sounds real nice, a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo MR - putting out 445hp, a Subaru WRX - 375hp, a Miata with a 302, and of course typical Honda swapped stuff. He's also an auto body guy so I will be taking my maro to him in spring for a few touch up things. I see a lot of potential with his shop, for someone that in his mid 20's taking a risk like he is I give him a thumbs up.

Oh and I'm sorry for bringing this out of the grave haha, but I figured I give Nate a shout out for coming a long way with his shop.

Have any pics of your car? I'm sure someone around here would recognize it.

twicks69
01-27-2010, 06:20 AM
Nate Chilson is my Wife's Cousin. He is a very hard working business owner that has been doing internet part sales since he was in high school (when he made the name; I believe he was 16 years old or so), and opened up a shop several years ago over off of springdale and watertown plank road like mentioned before.

He is a UTI grad and has several ASE Certs, and his specialty is paint/bodywork, and he is also a good wrencher on import sport compacts. I know he has had several domestics through his shop in the past as well.

As well, I can vouch for the customer cars mentioned as I have seen numerous over the years.

He is a good guy, and isn't looking to rip people off.

GTSLOW
01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
:stare

Tselanne
05-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Yes I know this is an old thread, but for anyone still considering using Nate / DelusionH, I thought I'd chime in. His shop is now in Waukesha off of Hwy D (Sunset). He helped me with a number of things on my car last year (2014). He is competitively priced, does great work, and from what I could tell a really nice guy. Tough to contact sometimes, but kinda expected for a one-man shop when he does all the work AND has to be answering the phone.

GTSLOW
05-28-2015, 06:25 PM
Yes I know this is an old thread, but for anyone still considering using Nate / DelusionH, I thought I'd chime in. His shop is now in Waukesha off of Hwy D (Sunset). He helped me with a number of things on my car last year (2014). He is competitively priced, does great work, and from what I could tell a really nice guy. Tough to contact sometimes, but kinda expected for a one-man shop when he does all the work AND has to be answering the phone.

Dear Nate,

We're not idiots. Go away.

Sincerely,

The interweb

twicks69
05-29-2015, 04:45 PM
Umm, Nate doesn't even live in this state anymore. He closed shop and moved to Tempe Arizona like two months ago.

spooln30
05-30-2015, 07:38 AM

New user with one post and it's about this so called shop. I find this to be just a coincidence lol yeah. It's most likely one of the guys who own/run it. Lol.
To be honest we all have to start somewhere and most guys really do start out of their garages, I kinda did. We really shouldn't talk crap or judge anyone's work or shop without seeing their stuff in person. Who knows maybe some guy really had to have the blue wire covering but really who cares. Like you all have made perfect mod choices in your entire lives. :)

twicks69
05-30-2015, 03:29 PM
Seriously. Are you people fucking dumb? Nate closed his shop and moved away with his girlfriend to Arizona.

Waver
06-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Seriously. Are you people fucking dumb? Nate closed his shop and moved away with his girlfriend to Arizona.yes