PDA

View Full Version : 5 fire fighters to 1 truck must be a bad thing

awsomeears
10-26-2005, 12:23 AM
Must be a bad thing because dumb shat wants to bump it down to 4

How dumb do you have to be to bump the # of guys on a fire truck down.

Instead of cutting some other stupid jobs or stupid plans in milwaukee they cut ** THE PEOPLE WHO SAVE PEOPLE **

Even a crack head that cares nothing about him self and his crack would have to agree that its a BS idea :rolf

Sad sad sad :(

fireguyrick
10-26-2005, 01:20 AM
I agree that it is a bad idea. How they can manage this I have NO clue. Safety standards dictate that you need to have 2 people per hose line, and you then need to have a backup line with 2 people on it. Of course, they are most likely getting around it saying that the HEO/MPO can man the second backup line if something happens.

I have my doubts that this will happen though, as the IAFF (Firefighter's Union) is pretty strong, and will have a FIELD DAY with this concept.

Rick

GTSLOW
10-26-2005, 04:03 AM
have a FIELD DAY with this concept.

I hope! So who's retarded idea is this?

Al
10-26-2005, 11:40 AM
After seeing the tactics of the gov in the past, I am assuming that this is a bluff so that people will agree on other cuts. I think they are trying to scare us into getting rid of something else or agree to higher taxes.

Prince Valiant
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
that's true...

Well, oftentimes what happens is when cuts in a budget is proposed, the agency that is getting cuts will simply cut the most visible, popular, and meaningful thing that they do...rather than look for ways to do as much with less, or to cut pet projects, etc...that doesn't win outrage or sympathy.

But it's not a bluff...it's a ploy.

Syclone0044
10-26-2005, 01:12 PM
that's true...

Well, oftentimes what happens is when cuts in a budget is proposed, the agency that is getting cuts will simply cut the most visible, popular, and meaningful thing that they do...rather than look for ways to do as much with less, or to cut pet projects, etc...that doesn't win outrage or sympathy.

But it's not a bluff...it's a ploy. http://warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/goodpost.gif

Al
10-26-2005, 05:10 PM
But it's not a bluff...it's a ploy.

I have truely learned something today! Thanks :thumbsup

awsomeears
10-26-2005, 05:15 PM
I never thought of it like that.

Silver03SRT
10-26-2005, 07:21 PM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9824&page=2
They are to busy paying extra cops to patrol the streets for window tints and no front plates.

slow85vette
10-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Speaking from experience, my boyfriend who I've been dating for almost 2 years, he's a police officer and a firefighter. Many times, he's barely home a half hour of each day, that's if he's home at all. Sometimes we go days before seeing each other. So yes, taking one person off each truck affects things.

SlowStee
10-27-2005, 02:29 AM
Speaking from experience, my boyfriend who I've been dating for almost 2 years, he's a police officer and a firefighter. Many times, he's barely home a half hour of each day, that's if he's home at all. Sometimes we go days before seeing each other. So yes, taking one person off each truck affects things.
oh hey youre a chick

ha ha ha :rolf

Al
10-27-2005, 12:06 PM

So...they should be hiring more police officiers and firefighter so they don't need to pay for OT any more.

slow85vette
10-28-2005, 12:08 AM
oh hey youre a chick

ha ha ha :rolf

Do you have a problem with that??

Prince Valiant
10-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Do you have a problem with that??
Yes he does. That's why formy never gets laid. :wooo

slow85vette
10-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Sucks to be him then. He better go meet his left hand.

Russ Jerome
10-28-2005, 12:21 AM
You live in a town that dumps sewage in a Great lake, votes pay
raises for themselves at 3am, votes down turning the Pabst brewery
into a tax paying blues spot, pay more tax's than most, pay more for
milk,chease and beer than you do in FL......could go on and on..and on.

You sound surprised they are cutting life saving peoples jobs?
Lived here for 14 of my 42 yrs now, nothing surprises me anymore.

Prince Valiant
10-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Sucks to be him then. He better go meet his left hand.
In all fairness...I don't know that anyone paid attention to if you were a chick or not. Not many post here, and most that do generally make it abudantly clear in their screenames (arielbunny, missplaboysumthin, on and on)

just ribbin' formula driva since he seems like quite the magnet for that kind of abuse :goof

slow85vette
10-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Its alright Prince...everything's cool. I'm not afraid to post here just because this site is mostly all guys. I can handle you boys just fine.

SlowStee
10-28-2005, 02:31 AM
:shades