View Full Version : MPD out on full force for illegal tint and no front plate.

Firefighter Z
10-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Well yesterday around noon I got pulled over for my tint by the Milwaukee Police Department.

And just to let you guys know that the MPD officers told me that they are out on FULL FORCE for Window tint violations and no front plate violations.

Illegal tint = $77.00 + 2 points
No front plate = $77.00- 0 points

I was lucky enough to get a warning though.

Just to let you guys know.
BTW I was pulled over goign North on 2nd street just before the clock tower.

fireguyrick
10-25-2005, 11:37 PM
A coworker of mine was pulled over on Bluemound road, not far from Froedtert for Tint, and they told him the same thing. He also got a verbal warning.

Rick

theavenger333
10-25-2005, 11:52 PM
they don't do fix-it tickets anymore?

SlowStee
10-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Ive never gotten a second glance for not having a front plate...I guess time will tell

awsomeears
10-26-2005, 12:14 AM
I totally agree on there actions..............

Because im sick of the po po arresting drug dealers and gangstas, cracking down on crack houses.

That stuff is over rated..................... :rolf

Cryptic
10-26-2005, 01:13 AM
my state patrol issued tint ticket was a lot more than 77 bucks.

GTSLOW
10-26-2005, 04:07 AM
I totally agree on there actions..............

Because im sick of the po po arresting drug dealers and gangstas, cracking down on crack houses.

That stuff is over rated..................... :rolf

LOL :rolf

Syclone0044
10-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Glad to see them enforcing crucial issues such as displaying front license plates, something almost half the states don't find sufficiently important to even require by law. I'm relieved to know that the area is so crime free that they've got time to put the department to task in "FULL FORCE" to enforce the display of front license plates.
http://www.warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/anim_soapbox.gif

PureSound15
10-26-2005, 11:33 AM
my state patrol issued tint ticket was a lot more than 77 bucks.

I remember you telling me that story, but did you have any points taken from you?

The money wouldn't bother me as much as the points. I'm not sure if my inssurance would go up even if it wasn't a moving violation. They seem to milk whatever they can.

I dont want to drill holes in my bumper. Anybody know if it's legal to have it in my windshield? I always see it so I figured it would work but now I'm curious. :confused

~Ryan

LIL EVO
10-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Illegal. Must be on the bumper

Nix
10-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I'd say about 2 years ago or so I got pulled over in Mukwonago for not having my front plate on. All I had to do was put it on and go back to their station and show an officer that it was on and that was that. :thumbsup

However Ive had tint on just about all of my cars and never one time did I get hassled about it, even in my old Z28 I had 20% on the driver and passanger window and 5% on the back and I cruised up and down hwy like it was going out of style and I was pulled over many times but for some reason never mentioned my tint? :confused

Also I know a female from North Prarie and she got pulled over for her tint and had to remove it.
She had it re-applied and then she got busted again and the fine was nearly doubled along with minus 2 points on her driving record and they did not budge when she appered in court.

Just my 2cents.

PureSound15
10-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Damnit, well I guess I will just wait and hope that I don't get stopped for it. I got stopped in New Berlin once and he didn't say anything but I don't want to push my luck too far.

Maybe It won't be as obvious since I don't have a spot for it.

Thanks for the info.

SlowStee
10-26-2005, 01:30 PM
GOSH!! Why do you guys flame cops so much??? Im so sick of you BCM cop haters!!! :D

hmmmm...who's that sound like :stare

Lash
10-26-2005, 01:39 PM
How the "F" can they give a points ticket for Illegal tint?

Are they trying to piss people off because they have to go to court to get the points droped???

Silver03SRT
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Ya I was pulled over a few times. Once for my exhaust but nothing was said about my tint or no front plate. Guess I will have to watch out now.

Karps TA
10-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Obviously they are down on revenue this year. Perhaps they should try a bake sale instead?

Lash
10-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Obviously they are down on revenue this year. Perhaps they should try a bake sale instead?

:rolf

Yooformula
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
I caved in a put a front plate on after I got a ticket but I refuse to take my tint off. I bought the car from the dealership with it and its staying on until I sell the car or it blows up.

PureSound15
10-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Yoo was your front plate ticket some points or just cash?

Yooformula
10-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I dont remember but it got dropped when I went to the pd and showed it to em.

DirtyMax
10-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I am by no means a cop-hater. I have several friends and even family in law enforcement but this "crackdown" is absolutely laughable. This city is trending towards a record year for homocides and they are wasting time and resources with this crap. Sheriff Clarke obviously fell very hard from the stupid tree. It's a shame that didn't figure this out before they voted him in. :alcoholic

Lash
10-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I dont remember but it got dropped when I went to the pd and showed it to em.

Same here. I've gotten 2 of them with the same result. I dont think they were points...just a $ amount.

LIL EVO
10-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Considering its an equipment violation there's no way you could lose points on it. Not a moving vio.

383Firebird
10-26-2005, 02:40 PM
I am by no means a cop-hater. I have several friends and even family in law enforcement but this "crackdown" is absolutely laughable. This city is trending towards a record year for homocides and they are wasting time and resources with this crap. Sheriff Clarke obviously fell very hard from the stupid tree. It's a shame that didn't figure this out before they voted him in. :alcoholic

There talking about Milwaukee Police Department not Sheriff's Department. Your ripping on the wrong person in charge.

DirtyMax
10-26-2005, 02:59 PM
There talking about Milwaukee Police Department not Sheriff's Department. Your ripping on the wrong person in charge.

You're right. My bad. Well him and Chief Hegerty are both not thinking clearly. He puts good cops on foot beats because they defy him and she has people giving out plate and tint tickets while other "citizens" kill people every weekend at bar close. :shades

PureSound15
10-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Considering its an equipment violation there's no way you could lose points on it. Not a moving vio.

Yeah that's what I thought too... until I learned about the points being taken for window tint. Doesn't make sense to me.

Firefighter Z
10-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah this tint law and front plate laws are crock of shiat.

People are getting killed every day yet they have cops on the beat handing out tickets for no front plate and illegal tint and now they want to hire more MPD officers?

Oh I forgot to tell you that these cops that pulled me over were up there in age, around late 40's early 50's.
So I think the older cops are going to be assigned to the B.S. like tint and no front plate laws while the younger new officers are out on the beat.

Firefighter Z
10-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah that's what I thought too... until I learned about the points being taken for window tint. Doesn't make sense to me.

There are State laws and City laws, and I believe the both are diffrent. I believe the state law is like a guideline for the cities for what the state wants but the cities can add anything they want to the law to make it more enforceable.

LIL EVO
10-26-2005, 03:42 PM
In most cases they are the same, however cities can adopt their own laws/points. Good way to find out what you've been hit with is to check WI CCAP.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl

Any local tickets you've gotten should not be listed under your record. For instance, I was hit with a local "excessive acceleration", 0 points which was a City of Pewaukee ticket. (there is no such state ticket) $170 or something. Doesn't show up on CCAP. I'm pretty sure it doesn't show up for insurance either.

Lash
10-26-2005, 03:51 PM
I got an excessive acceleration ticket in West Allis a few years ago...I believe it was 3 points. So each city can decide on how many points each ticket is going to be?

Pantera99GS
10-26-2005, 04:03 PM
In most cases they are the same, however cities can adopt their own laws/points. Good way to find out what you've been hit with is to check WI CCAP.

Any local tickets you've gotten should not be listed under your record. For instance, I was hit with a local "excessive acceleration", 0 points which was a City of Pewaukee ticket. (there is no such state ticket) $170 or something. Doesn't show up on CCAP. I'm pretty sure it doesn't show up for insurance either.

I always wondered why my speeding tickets never showed up on that site. :confused

PARALYZER
10-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah, why go after real criminals like murderers, drug dealers and rapists when you can reduce crime so much by nabbing people for tint and no front plate. I feel like putting in NWA's first album today.

STEALTHZR2
10-26-2005, 04:29 PM

I just checked myself and I have 3 tickets on myself. :crying But they were 3 years ago.

Cryptic
10-26-2005, 08:11 PM

Citation F8165905
Bond Amount Deposit Type Appearance Date and Time Mandatory
$ 165.50 None 09-28-2005 at 01:00 pm No
Name Date of Birth Sex
Piche, Andrew J XX-XX-XX Male
Address Address Updated On
XXXXXXXXXXXX, New Berlin, WI 53151 09-09-2005
Plate Number State Expiration VIN
###XXX WI 2006
Issuing Agency Officer Name Violation Date MPH Over
State Patrol 06-16-2005
Plaintiff Agency Ordinance or Statute Statute Charge Description
State of Wisconsin Statute TR305.32(4) Illegal Window Tint

97z2801ss
10-26-2005, 08:35 PM
I have a front plate kinda hidden hahaha that would be gay!!

EvolvedRegal
10-27-2005, 11:26 PM

Holy!!!!!!! Wow that goes back. Thats a scary site. I had 25 citations since 2001? That doesn't seem right. Glad to know the disorderly is still on there.