PDA

View Full Version : Go karting in Chi-town today

Heat Seeker WS6
10-22-2005, 10:54 AM
I'll be down there with a friend running today, our 1st of 4 sessions start at 6:00. Pretty sure theres still openings for tonight.

http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

262-716-6931
john

0TransAm0
10-22-2005, 12:22 PM
looks like lots of fun i might have to go check it out one of these days..

Silver03SRT
10-22-2005, 02:34 PM
I was there for a bachloer party. It is a blast. They print out your times. If you go with a group you get 3 heats and the top 10 go to the final 30 lap race.

Heat Seeker WS6
10-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Just got back and got my best times yet! Ran 4 sessions and during the final one I got my new best lap on track #1 by running a 16.44 and finished .74 ahead of 2nd place. My OVERALL ranking is now 2,077 out of 60,450!!!!!
Other sessions-
#1 best lap- 17.26; avg lap- 19.53; 2nd out of 10 (with a 37.60 lap due to spin & penalty!!)
#2 best lap- 17.10; avg lap- 18.45; 2nd of 8 (with a 30.17 lap due to passing penalty!!)
#3 best lap- 16.73; avg lap- 18.18; 2nd of 7 (heavy taffic & alot of passing)
#4 best lap- 16.44; avg lap- 17.72; 1st of 5 (moderate traffic, some passing)

0TransAm0
10-22-2005, 09:10 PM
cool **** how long does a session take..like how long does the average race last?? and why do you get passing penaltys?? hell if thier in the way passem....how fast the carts go?

Heat Seeker WS6
10-23-2005, 03:43 AM
I was able to complete 21 laps during each of my sessions. The others (that we did not know) were doing 18-20 laps and having fastest lap times between low 18's to mid 20's. Each session is about 12 minutes long. Dont let the session length deceive you because you will come away sore for a few days after diving them - if you run 'em hard for a few sessions. I smacked a wall at full speed and bruised my shoulder after coming around a turn to only find 4 karts sitting sideways from who knows what the hell happened -and I had no choice but to buy the farm. The 'penalty' is having to stop in a penalty box for up to 20 seconds for driving too aggressively in traffic, bumping from the rear or passing very deep in turns and making contact. I have a very big beef with thier penalties because I WILL cannonball into a group of carts while I maintain my line going into turns. But because most of the others out there dont take the time to figure out the 'line' or spin themselves out anyways I almost always make it through the turns clean. When I rub another is when I get called in because Im at speed. Id say my buddy Scott & I were the fastest out there today and guessing we hit around 30+mph. The karts are 'loose' by nature, so for RWD owners they're easy to get used too, but most of my friends/coworkers with FWD took some time to get used to sliding them around and did alot of looping. It's all about figuring out the line and carrying speed with oversteer. Definatly worth the $$, especially once you get the annual liscense. :banana

Silver03SRT
10-24-2005, 12:39 PM
That first track right when you walk in has that hair pin turn. I spun out on that my first lap. My friend was right behind me and smashed into me breaking the axel on teh car.

GRNDNL
10-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Ah......Someone needs to put together a BCM outing.... :D

Heat Seeker WS6
10-25-2005, 12:54 PM
I'll gladly set something up. It will be upwards of $100 for each person and would need commitments beforehand for booking the track.
details coming soon...........

Flight_740
10-25-2005, 01:02 PM
I'll gladly set something up. It will be upwards of $100 for each person and would need commitments beforehand for booking the track.

if it was going down on a sunday, I would be down.

GRNDNL
10-25-2005, 01:53 PM

I'd be in for that!..... :thumbsup

0TransAm0
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Ah......Someone needs to put together a BCM outing....

sounds good

if it was going down on a sunday, I would be down.

me 2 or a wensday

no problem if this ever goes threw let me know im down i would love this..im sure its nothing like it but i raced at the mile did 50 laps in a real stock car against 6 other peeps started last came in 2nd it was a blast..

Heat Seeker WS6
10-28-2005, 01:07 PM
I'll try to make it on a Sunday. I'm thinking of early Dec so people have time to put some $$ aside and clear schedules. Maximum groups that they run at a time are 10 people on track #1. If we get more than that, we can run smaller numbers at a time & spread into more run groups.
They publish the weeks top 10 list and if you click on names you can see a drivers full race history, so you can see how they're doing.
http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/toptrack11week.asp

GRNDNL
10-28-2005, 01:34 PM
I'll try to make it on a Sunday. I'm thinking of early Dec so people have time to put some $$ aside and clear schedules. Maximum groups that they run at a time are 10 people on track #1. If we get more than that, we can run smaller numbers at a time & spread into more run groups.
They publish the weeks top 10 list and if you click on names you can see a drivers full race history, so you can see how they're doing.
http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/toptrack11week.asp

I'm in...... :headbang

Flight_740
10-28-2005, 02:47 PM
I would like to as well but I want to bring a friend of mine with me. Just let me know dates as you get them so i can check my schedule. :thumbsup