PDA

View Full Version : Haunted houses

Flight_740
10-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Does anybody know of any good haunted houses in the area? I usually like to go to one or two a year. Im just not sure where the good ones are. I miss the old rainbow springs in "Mukwompton".

I like the ones that are creative.

Anakonda69
10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
guess all the ones around here are pretty lame now.....last weekend of this month i am going to appleton to terror on the fox...heard it was good and made it into top 10 haunted houses in midwest.....

Car Guy
10-14-2005, 05:34 PM
The 'Slaughter Haus' in Sheboygan Falls is pretty good, usuall rates in the top 3. Went the last few years and it's always different each time we go.....

Nix
10-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Mike, the Milwaukee Urnal had an article or I should say page in the paper today about the top 8 in southern Wisconsin. The best one was in delafield I believe. Naww Iam prob wrong, but check it out. :thumbsup

Flight_740
10-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Anakonda69
10-14-2005, 06:50 PM
my bro went to slaughter house last year and said it wasn't anything big....

Heat Seeker WS6
10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/wisconsin.htm
I was at the Maribel Caves/ Maribell Hotel "Motel Hell" bewteen Sheboygan & Green Bay a few weeks ago and it was pretty damn freaky.

If anyone goes- better go commando style stash the cars in one of the subdivisions a few blocks down. Bring extra flashlight in case you loose one running out of there due to cops of other stuff going on.

This picrture doesnt do it justice on how it looks at night....

http://www.unexplainedresearch.com/images/hotel_hell3.jpg

STEALTHZR2
10-14-2005, 07:35 PM

That pic just gives me an idea how FREAKY that place could be at nite. :stare

Car Guy
10-14-2005, 09:25 PM
my bro went to slaughter house last year and said it wasn't anything big....

Last year they were at a new location and out of the last 4 years it was the least exciting. I hope this year it's more like the years in the past, because I thought it was pretty good.....

purpl72olds
10-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Me and some friends are going out to the haunted corn maze tonight at stacy farms which is just outside muk-town. Ill post a reply tomorrow to let you know how it goes but usually a pretty good one to take your ole lady to cause they hang on to you like crazy, lol

Anakonda69
10-15-2005, 02:04 PM
maybe i will try slaughthouse out then....i will prolly hit some local ones up next weekend

ScottyB14
10-16-2005, 11:24 AM
went to one in elkhorn on thursday. was actually pretty decent. im thinkin about going up to slaughter housein a week or so and maybe one down in chicago i heard of.

SlowStee
10-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Im just not sure where the good ones are. I miss the old rainbow springs in "Mukwompton".

yeah Im with you there!! I went to that one every year it was open :(

purpl72olds
10-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Well I figured we would wait a lil bit after it got dark to go out there. Well we get there about 9 and they are turning people away. We were pissed cause we had complementary tickets and they said they were open till 10 :fire Oh well just venting a lil bit cause it was a major buzzkill and pretty much predicted the rest of last nights events :chair:

Nix
10-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Nobody go to the Haunted Corn Maze off of Cleveland at Linders farm in New Berlin. It was terrible, the owner said that someone actually **** their pants before we went in so we figured it would actually be pretty decent. Well NO it SUCKED. the scariest part was paying 7 dollars to walk through their corn field. Its was by far the worst Haunted anything I have ever been to.

SlowStee
10-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Nobody go to the Haunted Corn Maze off of Cleveland at Linders farm in New Berlin. It was terrible, the owner said that someone actually **** their pants before we went in so we figured it would actually be pretty decent. Well NO it SUCKED. the scariest part was paying 7 dollars to walk through their corn field. Its was by far the worst Haunted anything I have ever been to.
You took one for the team :thumbsup

noted.

theavenger333
10-16-2005, 07:46 PM
i got that newspaper article in the car, i'll post up when i feel up to going and getting it

pOrk
10-17-2005, 06:00 AM
www.hauntedwisconsin.com

If you only go to one haunting, you gotta go to the haunted woods. By far the best

jbiscuit
10-17-2005, 07:51 AM
went to the stacey farms haunted corn maze in East Troy saturday night and it was fun but not worht $10. Not scary either. Not enough action.

JohnnyT
10-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Come on J, admit it. You were scurred by those 10 year olds in the corn.

jbiscuit
10-17-2005, 09:27 AM
I was more skurred of the guy with the flannel and the long bear about 30 people behind us in line!

JohnnyT
10-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Yes, I was too. That guy was FREAKY! :wooo

Syclone0044
10-17-2005, 05:45 PM
www.hauntedwisconsin.com

If you only go to one haunting, you gotta go to the haunted woods. By far the best
Which haunted woods? I went to the site and it lists more than one.

pOrk
10-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Which haunted woods? I went to the site and it lists more than one.

Bear Den

Neal Steffek
10-21-2005, 03:05 AM
http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/wisconsin.htm
I was at the Maribel Caves/ Maribell Hotel "Motel Hell" bewteen Sheboygan & Green Bay a few weeks ago and it was pretty damn freaky.

If anyone goes- better go commando style stash the cars in one of the subdivisions a few blocks down. Bring extra flashlight in case you loose one running out of there due to cops of other stuff going on.

Ok now this was YEARS ago, but wasn't there suposed to be a place around Mukwonago maybe that had midgets there that would atack you? You went down a small road almost into a field if I remember and there was maybe a fence you had to go to. Anyone remember this or am I crazy. I think some friends took me there years and years ago. It was scary as hell and I didn't see it on the list.

Also, I didn't see the witches house on the lakefront on the list. Whats up with that?

UnderPSI
10-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Yea, I hear that all the time. That there is a midget town in Mukwanago, and if you go there and you are of normal height they will attack you. No one has ever found it or gone there. There is a name for it too, but I can't think of it right now.

Karps TA
10-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Ok now this was YEARS ago, but wasn't there suposed to be a place around Mukwonago maybe that had midgets there that would atack you? You went down a small road almost into a field if I remember and there was maybe a fence you had to go to. Anyone remember this or am I crazy. I think some friends took me there years and years ago. It was scary as hell and I didn't see it on the list.

Also, I didn't see the witches house on the lakefront on the list. Whats up with that?

That was Muskego. They were the Hunchies that lived in the corn field on Mystic Drive off of Woods road. However, the cornfield has been a subdivision now for atleast 10 years. It's all just BS anyways. Just a ghost story. Older kids like to take younger people there and then have friends hide in the corn to scare them.

Syclone0044
10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
With all the interest in haunted houses and scary activity lately, don't forget you can claim 1 Million Dollars if you are able to demonstrate any paranormal or supernatural event. http://www.randi.org/research/index.html I figured with all the losers of the 340M Powerball on Wednesday (like me), someone might be interested in some extra cash. :thumbsup

Neal Steffek
10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
That was Muskego. They were the Hunchies that lived in the corn field on Mystic Drive off of Woods road. However, the cornfield has been a subdivision now for atleast 10 years. It's all just BS anyways. Just a ghost story. Older kids like to take younger people there and then have friends hide in the corn to scare them.

It's gone now? Crap. I was out there twice. Damn scary this time of year. :eek:

Korndogg
10-21-2005, 11:20 AM

Is the devil the one that cut the grass around his gate to hell???? lol

went to bear den a couple weeks ago and itwas pretty good. Not the greatest but its better than alot of em.

383Firebird
10-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Last year we went out to Haunchieville a couple times and walked through the subdivision and around some areas back there and found nothing. Had a good time back there but didn't see any midgets. I would stay away from there around Halloween. Cops give alot of tickets for trespassing around that time so make sure you don't get caught coming out if you do go.