PDA

View Full Version : How did BCM start?

TransAm12sec
10-14-2005, 01:24 AM
Just curious.

awsomeears
10-14-2005, 02:08 AM
My guess is that who ever started it was sick of no place to talk about local cars.

Then they said SELF " im making a site "

:)

Just my guess

Yooformula
10-14-2005, 05:25 AM
A bunch of us used to hang out all the time at either Oscars, Burker King or Kmart and used to frequent the MFBA site back in the day for a local forum. We got rubbed the wrong way there a few times and Brandon whipped up an easy site to use. We came up with the name(didnt know it was previously used) then went on. Andy came along when the first server was no longer available to us and Andy graciously took over hosting duties. For awhile we used to have local meets and yearly car shows but then families and other priorities remanded some of us to the boards only now.

Hell I remember at one point B tried to make a car page for everyone on MFBA but got yanked around with that, he tried to make a local spot online for people to chat with since they were very Chicago oriented but got yanked. The only traffic that thier WI chapter used to get was from us and our traffic was almost as busy as their Chi forum.

Our original group was chris, brandon, lekan, zach, dan, me, john, tim, john, kory, marv, dennis, scott, john and chris. I am sure there were more in the beginning but thats all I can think of right now.

PARALYZER
10-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah, John Mcllvain really tried to keep the peace....but to no avail :D

GRNDNL
10-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Yeah, John Mcllvain really tried to keep the peace....but to no avail :D

Ya..H20skier was a real piece of work. :flipoff2: .....He got his wish though, the WI section all to himself......I wonder how many members the MFBA lost just cause of that Tool......

MoreTorque
10-14-2005, 09:25 AM
A bunch of us used to hang out all the time at either Oscars, Burker King or Kmart and used to frequent the MFBA site back in the day for a local forum. We got rubbed the wrong way there a few times and Brandon whipped up an easy site to use. We came up with the name(didnt know it was previously used) then went on. Andy came along when the first server was no longer available to us and Andy graciously took over hosting duties. For awhile we used to have local meets and yearly car shows but then families and other priorities remanded some of us to the boards only now.

Hell I remember at one point B tried to make a car page for everyone on MFBA but got yanked around with that, he tried to make a local spot online for people to chat with since they were very Chicago oriented but got yanked. The only traffic that thier WI chapter used to get was from us and our traffic was almost as busy as their Chi forum.

Our original group was chris, brandon, lekan, zach, dan, me, john, tim, john, kory, marv, dennis, scott, john and chris. I am sure there were more in the beginning but thats all I can think of right now.

Thats pretty much the rundown.

The original BCM was called Fbodyforums, but we wanted to make it more inviting to other kinds of vehicles as well.

I think its funny how the MFBA has still left my Wisconsin chapter page (the state shaped links on the mainpage) up and all of the others, 4 years later, still say "under construction". Oh well, my MFBA t-shirt made a great oil rag.

Cryptic
10-14-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm technically a noob to a quite a few LOL

3 MoreTorque
4 y2kws6
7 Yooformula
10 lotsals1
11 95Zvert
15 BlownMe
17 TK 14 SS
18 99Z2FAST
19 Karps TA
21 CrawlinZ
23 Kory 88Iroc lt1
25 GRNDNL
26 Jake B. (Killer Quad)
27 93RedDevilZ28
30 steffo
31 som2002
38 GinoRin
40 PARALYZER
41 JC70SS
42 tease
43 Heat Seeker WS6
44 JR HAWK 9
51 jon_we4
52 A B4C Z
59 FbodyTech
69 Matt B
75 CrypticGTX
77 Silver350
78 WhiteThunderZ28
81 indyzmike

Yooformula
10-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Dont forget Andy those names were in order of when we migrated from the old board to your shiny new one not necessarily when it g began. You were attending the Monday night shows alot earlier than some of the others on that list iirc.

Cryptic
10-14-2005, 09:46 AM
I assummed that the ID's would be imported in order. It's possible they werent. too long ago to remember.

since brandon is on top, I assummed it to be true.

Yooformula
10-14-2005, 09:46 AM
My guess is that who ever started it was sick of no place to talk about local cars.

Then they said SELF " im making a site "
Just my guess

Pretty much how it went but it was more like WE, it was a bunch of us that didnt want to just complain about it anymore.

Flight_740
10-14-2005, 11:15 AM
I remember the old boards.

Prince Valiant
10-14-2005, 11:17 AM
I remember how I got started...Yoosef was broke down with a bad battery looking for tools. I used to keep the old ramcharger well stocked just in case I broke down. Helped him out, got free wings, and an invite to the site based on the valiant...

Cryptic
10-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Since we on the subject is there anthing anyone would like BCM to have that it doesn't?

As soon as I clear my plate of a few projects that desperately need to get done, I will be doing some finishing touches to BCM. Including the upgrade to VB 3.5 ( I just finished 3.0.6 to 3.0.9 and the arcade and garage upgrades that go with it)

Flight_740
10-14-2005, 12:24 PM
The only thing I can say (most won't like the idea is my guess)

I think BCM has changed a bit. It's not an all out horsepower site anymore. I mean it is 90% but there are people like me, pork, guy, Maybe lil evo now, and plenty of others that like more apearance type mods to their cars but aren't fast. We are still crazy about cars. I just can't afford much right now for mine. Maybe add a section for us?

just an idea.

Cryptic
10-14-2005, 12:28 PM
drag racing really isn't my first passion either.

Some forums really dont get alot of traffic as it is.
The appearance forum is one of them

Greg@GLD
10-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I was one of the first members... ;)

Heat Seeker WS6
10-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Some of us were part of the MFBA going back to '97-'98 and used to hang out at Busse Woods & other places in Chi-town. Marv & Chris and a few others were in on that.

Crawlin
10-15-2005, 03:38 PM
indeed....

i had an ezboard everyone could post on that kinda started things. it was really annoying with all the pop ups that end up paying for the board services.

then brandon, yoosof, and andy, and greg helped get this site off the ground

Yooformula
10-15-2005, 05:20 PM
indeed....

i had an ezboard everyone could post on that kinda started things. it was really annoying with all the pop ups that end up paying for the board services.

Holy poo, I forgot all about that. That site was cool for a bit. :thumbsup

Poncho
10-15-2005, 11:01 PM
I was a MFBA'er back in the day. the only thirdgen v6 and 1 of 4 thirdgens in the fall '01 cruise.

later I felt it wasn't worthy of brew city "muscle" so I never joined the forums till I got my GTP.

i remember seeing chris's old red Z nearly lift the tires just launching on the street in front of the burger king. it was cool, I learned alot.

BlownMe
10-16-2005, 04:32 PM
indeed....

Holy sh*t! I remember that board too!! Damn, that seems like SO long ago. BCM really ahs come a long way since the beginning. I remember taking a break when I was doing the bike thing a lot. I still read all the time but didnt post much. I still frequent the MFBA board from time to time. The Wisconsin section is pretty much a graveyard over there. I figure thats the only place where I can find fellow Bears and Cubs fans so a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! :D :headbang