PDA

View Full Version : Slow at work?

Silver350
10-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Any one else on this board really slow at work? I been sitting on my @$$ for the past week with nothing to do. Been killing work time by studying my school work.

Flight_740
10-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Yes, car bizz has slowed down quite a bit. :yawn:

Silver350
10-13-2005, 10:31 AM
You work at that place on 92nd and Oklahoma right????

My best friend works at Greenfield pontiac and he is sitting playing video games on a laptops

Flight_740
10-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Yea, thats me.

things suck right now. i can only twiddle my fingers for so long before I go nuts. :goof

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
10-13-2005, 10:43 AM
were so busy here I'm forgetting how to do my job!!!!!!
the damn phone scares me when it rings now.

Silver350
10-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Heck I am about at that point. I think today is going to be a three hour lunch. Not like I am going to miss anything.

Silver03SRT
10-13-2005, 12:58 PM
I am super busy at work. But I am not in the car industry.

Teufelhunden
10-13-2005, 01:35 PM
I've been super busy as well...product designer for a mining equipment manufacturer. I could work 80 hrs per week and not put a dent on my to do list. Best job ever.

Crawlin
10-13-2005, 02:28 PM
car industry....

now i'm right up the road from you BlownGTP... Heiser Chevrolet.

we get pretty busy at times. but i think it's just the 5 salesmen on, but only 2 around and the other 3 no one knows where they are thing. then even i get to help sell some cars. i miss that every once and again, hha.

but alas, yes i'm playing video games and listening to yahoo radio tunes or whatever.

SlowStee
10-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Yea, thats me.

things suck right now. i can only twiddle my fingers for so long before I go nuts. :goof
You could prolly count how many times I drive by if youre REALLY bored

:rolf

Flight_740
10-13-2005, 03:17 PM
You could prolly count how many times I drive by if youre REALLY bored

:rolf

Yea, I don't even have to see you. I just hear it. :rolf

Max 93
10-13-2005, 03:56 PM
pretty slow here also

Rocket Power
10-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Not here, plenty to do. Was slow for a couple months like 2 years ago

pOrk
10-13-2005, 06:35 PM
car industry....

now i'm right up the road from you BlownGTP... Heiser Chevrolet.

we get pretty busy at times. but i think it's just the 5 salesmen on, but only 2 around and the other 3 no one knows where they are thing. then even i get to help sell some cars. i miss that every once and again, hha.

but alas, yes i'm playing video games and listening to yahoo radio tunes or whatever.

How long have you been at Heiser? I worked their twice, and my bud Scotty is still there in the body shop. Rick Fowler = my uncle ( Tech by Ron Haukes Office )

Wille Lemle still there?

Crawlin
10-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Willie's still here. I kinda took over his internet stuff, haha. Willie's good ****. Working here, even with the slight paycut, is a million times better than Braeger. I just changedbout 2-3 weeks ago.

modmachz
10-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Willie's still here. I kinda took over his internet stuff, haha. Willie's good ****. Working here, even with the slight paycut, is a million times better than Braeger. I just changedbout 2-3 weeks ago. I am jammed up right now, and we always are,building alot of race stuff for down south right now,along with your dealer work that isn't to busy at the point of killing ourselves.
Donny Kompas
Automotive Engine Rebuilders Inc.

GrimreaperSS
10-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Not too bad yet where I'm at. Was done with customer cars by lunch time. Atleast I still have new cars to set up. Mazda's doin alright by me. Volkswagon starting to see it now, Porsche is really slow. ( I work at Concours Motors by the way). Cant speek for Heiser, or Braeger, but I do know where I am now is a hell of a lot better than Ewald Chevy/ Buick.

PB86MCSS
10-13-2005, 09:05 PM
I wish I could have time to be bored at work. Must be a nice problem to have, play on the internet all day. :chair: :stare

pOrk
10-13-2005, 09:13 PM
The machine shop is slower then all hell. Not because their isn't a demand right now, but because the owner is too cheap to hire the required maintenance personale to keep the machines operating! We have 7 machines down right now, 7 guys walking around the shop cleaning fans, sweeping floors, pretending to help me in the shipping department, etc. Its good fun. Especially today since the big wigs were all gone, NOTHING got done today.

I work with a bunch of milkers.

UPS is busier then hell as always, though.

And Crash Customs is about to get some BAD ASS work coats embroidered. Yall are gonna be jealous

Daytonapacecar959
10-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Ya it's pretty slow at Foster,it makes for a really long day

Lash
10-13-2005, 10:11 PM
How long have you been at Heiser? I worked their twice, and my bud Scotty is still there in the body shop. Rick Fowler = my uncle ( Tech by Ron Haukes Office )

Wille Lemle still there?

Do you know Larry Wilt? He was a body man there...not sure if he still works there though. My Dad used to work with him at *coughshitholecough* Braeger.

Al
10-13-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm only happy at work when I am delivering a pizza.

Teufelhunden
10-15-2005, 08:41 AM
RE:Please read this (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8623&page=1&pp=20&highlight=jake)

Donny Kompas
Automotive Engine Rebuilders Inc.I'm glad to see you have accepted reality…refreshing. BUT I thought you said:
This case is closed,I am sorry I ever came on this piece of crap site, this is one of the worst sites I ever seen, besides I have way to much other buisness to deal with than to argue over the internet with a- holes like yourself..

6L chevelle
10-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Cant speek for Heiser, or Braeger, but I do know where I am now is a hell of a lot better than Ewald Chevy/ Buick.

anywhere is better than Ewalds!

But we're slower than normal a Wilde Dodge.

Slow Joe
10-15-2005, 10:13 PM
We're kinda slow at EVS sometimes, but others... It's goin pretty good... I know that thursday was a 20 some car day... Which was amazing... Then again we've got alot of budget cars we're sellin right now... IDK I don't watch the show floor too often... Too busy trying to get our inventory correct... :goof Having around 600 used cars on the lot is a PITA!

Slow Joe
10-15-2005, 10:14 PM
anywhere is better than Ewalds!

But we're slower than normal a Wilde Dodge.

Ah, yes, I didn't like working at Ewald Mayfair Chrysler Jeep... So I third that opinion!

theavenger333
10-16-2005, 06:18 AM
hehe, i wish i could sit at the computer all day for work...... :)

Silver350
10-19-2005, 08:57 AM
So yeah another dead week. I am completly done with everything. Yesterday my boss told me to look busy, find something to do. So yesterday I washed the company van and today I am going to buff and wax it. She said good as long as your busy doing something for the company I dont care. So I will be doing that all day and then possibly detailing the truck.

jbiscuit
10-19-2005, 09:21 AM
wow, thats pretty bad scott. I would start to get nervous if I was you about your lack of things to do....nothing to do means they could potentially let you go. I would "FIND" stuff to do if I were you!

Silver350
10-19-2005, 02:48 PM
I did. I clean the company van. If they let me go so be it. I doubt they will do it seeing we will start getting extremly busy once again.