PDA

View Full Version : ROAD AMERICA This Weekend!!!!!!!

SSmike1
10-13-2005, 06:33 AM
ROAD AMERICA This Weekend!!!!!!!

http://roadamerica.fbody.us/

you can drive the track this weekend!!!!!!!
october 15 & 16, 2005.

:thumbsup

:wooo

:banana

wesman
10-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Looking forward to it Mike :thumbsup

SSmike1
10-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Cool
you will have the Boat there!

I TRIED so hard
to get my wife to buy that car,

we just bought her a new car,
and I really tried to talk her into a Black Maurader,
but she got a SSEI pontiac.
its ok.

What is your name?

I will try to find time to stop over & say hi.

I am mike, # 57
black Camaro, white 91 E350 tow vehicle

:)

Poncho
10-17-2005, 05:22 AM
I so wanna do this next year.

turbogarrett
10-17-2005, 06:36 AM
I got lucky on sunday as Dan found me an open spot. I had a great time, with no mechanical problems. Thanks to everyone who makes it happen, see you in April :thumbsup

SSmike1
10-17-2005, 12:00 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!
i had a Wonderful time!!!!!!!

Great Job Dan Jacki Dave Jamie Carmen Dan and ALLLLL

there were lots of Voluteers too

Thanks
Thank You

SSmike1
10-17-2005, 12:01 PM
It was nice to see ya there WES

the Boat looked Good!

Looking forward to it Mike :thumbsup

Syclone0044
10-17-2005, 02:08 PM
I went on Sunday to watch :(.. and still had a GREAT time!! Weather was great to boot.

SSmike1: Thanks for the ride again!! You drive that thing like you STOLE it!! :stare When you ride with SSMike it feels like he's driving it for everything it's worth! :headbang (Although I am sure he keeps it safe!) I can't wait to get mine back to Road America :shades

Turbogarrett: I thought that might have been you!! I saw the dark green/blue (?) RX-7 and I wondered if it was you but it really didn't sound like an LS1 from where I was sitting (Turn 6 past Toyota bridge). There were a few other RX-7s and I could hear the turbos on those.

FastPacedGTP: There were at least 2 GTO's there and they did look like they had a blast out there. :thumbsup If you take yours, make ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY CERTAIN that you have a good set of RACING-only brake pads like the $200 ones SS Mike recommends and plan on going through those plus a set of rotors. I bet you'll have a great time. You should come out to watch and ride first so you can get an idea what it's like. (it's some serious stuff) This weekend would have been a good time to do it!

turbogarrett
10-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Turbogarrett: I thought that might have been you!! I saw the dark green/blue (?) RX-7 and I wondered if it was you but it really didn't sound like an LS1 from where I was sitting (Turn 6 past Toyota bridge). There were a few other RX-7s and I could hear the turbos on those.

Yeah, my car is pretty quiet, at least compared to most out there. Thinking about adding a cutout next year and some better tires.

Syclone0044
10-17-2005, 05:04 PM
What class did you run in? How did your brakes do? What pads? What top speed? Man If I had put 2 and 2 together sooner, I would have stopped by (and asked for a ride :D)

turbogarrett
10-17-2005, 06:17 PM
What class did you run in? How did your brakes do? What pads? What top speed? Man If I had put 2 and 2 together sooner, I would have stopped by (and asked for a ride :D)

I ran in class D. My brakes worked great, stock calipers with ebc red compound pads, ss lines, wilwood fluid and slotted rotors. Top speed was about 150 on the big straight. Lots' of fun :headbang

SSmike1
10-18-2005, 04:56 PM
HEY JOSH
yes
i only go about 90% with you in the car!

i want to make sure that if i have a failure
i dont take a passenger out with me!

and i do not want to get sued!

so i take it easy!

Syclone0044
10-18-2005, 05:17 PM
HEY JOSH
yes

i want to make sure that if i have a failure
i dont take a passenger out with me!

and i do not want to get sued!

so i take it easy!
Mike - isn't that what the long "I sign my life away" waiver is for at the entrance gate?? Next time I will sign a waiver for riding with you, so you can CRANK it up and Give It All She's Got!!! :goof :devil

SSmike1
10-18-2005, 05:25 PM
that waiver is for MFBA & RA.

maybe i should have one too?

:confused

SSmike1
10-18-2005, 05:26 PM
YES JOSH
next time i want to give you a FULL 20 minute ride too!
not just a 3 lapper!

GTSLOW
10-18-2005, 05:29 PM

:rolf :bs:

Syclone0044
10-18-2005, 06:01 PM
:banana WooHoo! I already can't wait for April. Next time I'll give you a ride in a TurboCharged Truck too! I bet you could point out a lot of useful tips on my driving from the Passenger seat. :shades

DRK
10-19-2005, 10:56 AM
What kind of times do you all run at R.A.?

turbogarrett
10-19-2005, 04:54 PM
What kind of times do you all run at R.A.?

A had my camcorder in the car, my lap times were about 3:00, not sure if that's good or bad. My friend in his lightly modded '05 sti had a best of 2:48.
It's hard to get a full lap without encountering some traffic though.

DRK
10-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Sounds like fun.

SSmike1
10-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Next One will be in April 2006!!!!!!!

Syclone0044
10-21-2005, 11:11 AM
This one I WILL BE THERE and I am going to give 'er hell!!! Bigger brakes, Race Pads, Rear Sway Bar (so fellow Road Racers don't ask me why my truck's tires look to be at such an odd angle when I corner :D), Brake Duct Cooling, and a big alcohol fuel cell!! :stare

DRK
10-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Next One will be in April 2006!!!!!!!

You'll need Blizzaks in April :D
SVRA is in may and we always freeze our asses off.

SSmike1
10-24-2005, 12:02 PM
well
yes it can be cold!
but,
the only year it snowed was in 2001, and that was LATE sunday afternoon!
and it never stuck to the ground!
just a little flurries.
otherwise,
every April MFBA event at RA, has been MARVELOUS!!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------

yes, i'd rather drive at RA in June-July-August-September,
BUT
it is such an AWESOME COOL MARVELOUS Track,
it is Busy during those months!!!!!!!!

DRK
10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah 30 some thousand at the B.R.I.C this year alone.

GTSLOW
10-25-2005, 03:29 AM
This one I WILL BE THERE and I am going to give 'er hell!!! Bigger brakes, Race Pads, Rear Sway Bar (so fellow Road Racers don't ask me why my truck's tires look to be at such an odd angle when I corner :D), Brake Duct Cooling, and a big alcohol fuel cell!! :stare

What about a T56?

I'm wondering what would really need to happen? How much longer is the T56 than the stock syty tranny? A custom adaptor would be needed to mate the two but I'm sure it would not be hard to have one made!! The driveshafts would have to be shortened. You could get the pedals from a regular 1st gen s10.

Hmmmmmm

Poncho
10-25-2005, 04:50 AM
t-56 would be useless unless you're pushing alot of power. I don't know, you may very well be.

Syclone0044
10-25-2005, 11:06 AM
What about a T56?

I'm wondering what would really need to happen? How much longer is the T56 than the stock syty tranny? A custom adaptor would be needed to mate the two but I'm sure it would not be hard to have one made!! The driveshafts would have to be shortened. You could get the pedals from a regular 1st gen s10.

Hmmmmmm I love the way manual transmissions drive on the street, but it would be way too much work for something that's REALLY only going to benefit me once or twice a year at Road America, and cause me problems everywhere else. I am sure my automatic tranny problems would turn into clutch and shifting problems, and bogging out of the hole due to lack of boost. And I just don't have the means (tools, skill, experience, custom adaptor that nobody makes) to convert a car to a manual trans.

The automatic transmission / turbocharged engine combo works really well, I guess you would have to drive one to totally understand what I mean. It's not like a 17 second Honda where the "manual trans option" makes it run 16.5's instead of 17.0s... ;)

SSmike1
10-25-2005, 11:49 AM
i understand Josh,

Your only problem is FINDING someone who REALLY knows how to ReBuild your auto tranny for a 500HP motor!

THEN
your totally in Business!

Berettaspeed
11-06-2005, 12:39 PM
I know this topic is like dead, but i always wanted to try something like that. What all do you need to do to race on there? I did autocrossing at Miller park, but i wanted to try Road America once at least. im just not sure if you need a license or take classes or something, i can't see just anyone going out to race. the way some peoples cars are that would be scary. and how much does it cost i have always wondered??

Syclone0044
11-06-2005, 12:53 PM
I know this topic is like dead, but i always wanted to try something like that. What all do you need to do to race on there? I did autocrossing at Miller park, but i wanted to try Road America once at least. im just not sure if you need a license or take classes or something, i can't see just anyone going out to race. the way some peoples cars are that would be scary. and how much does it cost i have always wondered?? Actually you're right on the money. Just anyone can go out there and race with their car. It's pretty cool that way! Your car needs to be in basic good shape with no leaks and be able to handle 20 minutes of torturous WOT / full braking for 8 or 9 times over the weekend. When I did it, I couldnt believe my truck could even handle all that, but it didn't burn up the tranny or the motor surprisingly.

You need serious brakes, first and foremost. Your best bet honestly, would be to find someone who can give you a ride, and attend the next one as a spectator and you will get a great idea of exactly how it works, and you can check out all the cars and just get a "feel" for how it all goes. That's what I did. :thumbsup

SSmike1
11-06-2005, 02:17 PM

most of the info is here, at this link!

Berettaspeed
11-08-2005, 12:58 AM
20 minutes of WOT.....COOL. well if it lasts thats long LOL.

thanks for the link...

SSmike1
11-10-2005, 06:12 AM
yes, you have to have a car & Drive train
in great shape to handle 20 minute sof WOT!!!!!!!

my car has 3,000 MILES
of WOT on road america race track!!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------
:banana1: