PDA

View Full Version : Thieves!!

WilliamZ
10-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Yesterday morning I got to my car around 5:30am to leave for work. I found it unusual that when I hit unlock on my keyless entry I could hear the beep from inside the car. That only does that when the door is ajar. I get to my car and sure enough the drivers door isn't shut. Odd. I look inside my car and clearly see that the cd player, radar dectector and garage opener are gone. I park in an underground parking garage in our apartment building in Brookfield. We have had cars stolen outside but never had any thefts inside. I had left my sunroof tilted up and they used a small fiberglass pole to pop the passenger lock through the sunroof. You can see the marks it left on the latch. Soon after I saw this I noticed the light on over by my storage locker. Seems odd. I look a little closer and my stuff is all over the place! The big items they took that I can think of is my Stihl backpack blower, Honda grass trimmer, 3 tool boxes with all my tools, a profile 4 channel amp, Alpine monoblock amp, 12" Soundstream subwoofer, and my brand new in the box Clifford RSX 3.5 car alarm that was supposed to be installed in the Civic this week! I never had renters insurance but I learned my lesson now. They could have done a lot more damage and I am thankfull they didn't. Whoever did this also had gotten into the other buildings garages and storage lockers. Many people were affected. The detectives were at our complex for 4 hours yesterday. I need to get the fu(k out of this place!!

jbiscuit
10-11-2005, 08:17 AM
man that sucks Chris....sorry to hear that man.

deciuss
10-11-2005, 08:23 AM
that sucks :( i hope things work out.

Scales
10-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear that! Same thing happened to me in underground parking a week ago in West Allis/New Berlin area. I agree. Time for a move. I already started looking for a place with a private garage!!

WilliamZ
10-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Sorry to hear that! Same thing happened to me in underground parking a week ago in West Allis/New Berlin area. I agree. Time for a move. I already started looking for a place with a private garage!!

Exactly, I don't need people crawling around our stuff anymore. Sorry to hear about your incident as well. It's hard to find a place with a 2 car garage without paying $1,500 a month too.

Scales
10-11-2005, 08:51 AM
I hear ya. I found some pretty nice places so far with private attached garages, but the biggest so far in my budget is a 1.5 car... Haven't quite figured out yet how to tell the wife she has to park outside. :D

Yooformula
10-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Dang man sorry to hear about this. Glad the car wasnt trashed more.

deciuss
10-11-2005, 09:12 AM
i was lucky and found a place with a 2 car but ya all the other places that i looked at had eather the outside one car garage thing or just outside parking. and i did not feal all that good if i would have had to park the car out side ect.

deciuss
10-11-2005, 09:17 AM
is it really 1,500 bucks for places with 2 cars around milwaukee? things must be way cheeper outside of that aria.

wikked
10-11-2005, 10:05 AM
I need to get the fu(k out of this place!!

Pretttty sad when that's referring to Brookfield, sheesh.
Ouch on the Stihl... those are damn nice, and fun for launching things :D
Surprised they didn't go for the rims/entire car :confused

DirtyMax
10-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Exactly, I don't need people crawling around our stuff anymore. Sorry to hear about your incident as well. It's hard to find a place with a 2 car garage without paying $1,500 a month too.

Rent at my old place in Brookfield was $850 with a very generous 1 car garage with a great deal of storage shelves up front. Then they had an extra garage which I rented from them for $60. So for $910, I had a 2BR, 2 fill bath apartment with 2 private 1 car Garages in Brookfield.

I just moved out so the spare "extra" garage (I believe there's only 2 on the whole grounds) is still available at least thru Nov 1st because that's when I paid for it thru...

STEALTHZR2
10-11-2005, 10:31 AM
That sucks!! You just got the car to. :crying

WilliamZ
10-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Rent at my old place in Brookfield was $850 with a very generous 1 car garage with a great deal of storage shelves up front. Then they had an extra garage which I rented from them for $60. So for $910, I had a 2BR, 2 fill bath apartment with 2 private 1 car Garages in Brookfield.

I just moved out so the spare "extra" garage (I believe there's only 2 on the whole grounds) is still available at least thru Nov 1st because that's when I paid for it thru...

Where is this at?

97z2801ss
10-11-2005, 10:57 AM
chris ware in brookfield are you?

WilliamZ
10-11-2005, 11:01 AM
I am on planet earth.

DirtyMax
10-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Where is this at?

PM'd you. :thumbsup

Teufelhunden
10-11-2005, 11:32 AM
I felt sick when I heard the news. I was relieved to hear the new rims were safe.

Isn't it a felony when the value of the items is over $1000? Or maybe I've been watching too much COPS.

deciuss
10-11-2005, 11:58 AM
i think its actualy less then that now, i thought it was 250-500 around there.

cheap80Z28
10-11-2005, 12:04 PM
why not try a home. I bought a 3 bd, 1 ba, 2 1/2 plus garage and I pay 1150 a month no money down, taxes and insurance included.

steve

deciuss
10-11-2005, 12:09 PM
ya with all the different companys wanting to get your buisness for home lones its cheep for a starter home. plus that way your not tossing money away due to rent every month.

jbiscuit
10-11-2005, 12:45 PM
ya with all the different companys wanting to get your buisness for home lones its cheep for a starter home.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

PonyKiller87
10-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Pretttty sad when that's referring to Brookfield, sheesh.
Ouch on the Stihl... those are damn nice, and fun for launching things :D
Surprised they didn't go for the rims/entire car :confused

Anyone else thing the recent rise in theft may be due to the Hurricanes?

Seriouly, some nice generous family in Brookfield trys to help someone out and takes in some people from New Orleans. And while there enjoying all the hospitality they are helping them selves to everyones stuff. Just a thought. If they're willing to loot and robb each other what would stop them from robbing us?

Teufelhunden
10-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Anyone else think the recent rise in theft may be due to the Hurricanes?Not me

deciuss
10-11-2005, 02:45 PM
you have no idea what you are talking about.

a starter home will cost less then 100grand typicaly. with all the different home lones you can put a smaller down payment on now then a few years ago. if somone can aford even 1 grand in rent a month they can most likly get a smaller house now. That money paying off the house basicly goes back to you all ecept the interest on the lone where as paying rent its going to the person that owns the property and none in return to you the renter. hence why i said get a starter home. now how do i have no idea what im talking about, you should just drive around your piss colored wagon some more.

Cleveland Dave
10-11-2005, 03:01 PM
dur...da...najsdfhjkasfh...yeah fkuc yoou i know everythnng

Silver350
10-11-2005, 03:17 PM
:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Good one dave

PonyKiller87
10-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Not me

ehh oh well, crazier thoughts have crossed my mind. and you know if you believe everything they say on the news almost all problems right now are due to the hurricanes, well either that or its Bush's fault. Stupid media, lol

LIL EVO
10-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Felony retail theft used to be $1000, now I think it's up to $2000 or $2500

Al
10-11-2005, 05:55 PM
is it really 1,500 bucks for places with 2 cars around milwaukee? things must be way cheeper outside of that aria.

Go to Grafton. Something like that can go for about 8-900 a month.

Slow Joe
10-11-2005, 05:56 PM
a starter home will cost less then 100grand typicaly.

If you can find one of these in a decent area... I'll take two! :goof

wikked
10-11-2005, 07:06 PM
a starter home will cost less then 100grand typicaly

Who wants to live on 3rd & North?

Slow Joe
10-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Who wants to live on 3rd & North?

LOL... YUP! Hrmmm and how much of your stuff would get stolen then? You'd be lucky if they left the car!! :rolf :rolf

SlowMotion
10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Either way it is bullshit..and just because someone has something nice and some A-HOLES like to take stuff, doesn't give them the right, I would love to get those guys in a room and take a crack at each of them with a damn bat, one finger at a time, WILLIAMZ??? you on deck?? :thumbsup

Slow Joe
10-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Either way it is bullshit..and just because someone has something nice and some A-HOLES like to take stuff, doesn't give them the right, I would love to get those guys in a room and take a crack at each of them with a damn bat, one finger at a time, WILLIAMZ??? you on deck?? :thumbsup

LOL here's to that! :alcoholic :banana

RedGSX
10-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Damn dude sorry to hear, my roomates deck and subs and golf clubs just got stolen last week down here on the eastside. Hope they recover your stuff.

Prince Valiant
10-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear that chris...the only problem I've had is that some bum takes some change out of the ashtray. Appearently the rest of my stuff isn't worth taking, altough he's gone through it, lol.

Even then, I still am pissed when it's happened (twice in three years...my door was left unlocked accidently)

I vote for the house option...I bought my little 3BR, 1 bath, 1 1/2 garage, .35 acre house and only pay 780 month for a regular mortgage, taxes, insurance.

LIL EVO
10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Ya, but then you need a large sum downpayment (5-10k, dont say you can do it for less) and have to have good credit. Whatever the loan insurance is called you have to pay monthly to cover your ass on the loan is another $200ish a month, which I believe is taken off if you come up with 10 or 15% downpayment. It's been awhile.

If I had $5-10000 laying around and at least a 650 credit score I'd be game for a house.

Hell I had $15000 at one point but only 620ish or so credit score and they said there was nothing they could do. ******* bullshit.

Prince Valiant
10-11-2005, 10:46 PM
It's PMI, private mortgage insurance...and it was only about 35 dollars a month on my house (now gone though)

It's generally only on mortgages until you have about 20% equity on the house. IE, if you owe 100,000 and your house is appraised at 120,000, then you don't pay the PMI...if you go to buy the house at 120,000 and you don't put anything down, then you'll pay the PMI until either you have the home re-appraised in a couple of years, or you pay it down until you only owe 100,000. If you buy a house for a steal (say it's appraised at 120,000 but the owner is only asking 100,000,) you wouldn't need PMI

It IS better to put down something on a house, yes...I put down 5G. But not at all needed...but if you are bidding on a house and one person is putting up 20G and another is not putting up anything, you'll go with the person whose putting up the downpayment as you'll be almost garunteed that person will be approved for a loan. If you aren't putting up a down payment, you'll likely lose out on a lot of bids.

Plus the house is an investment...I bought my house when it was appraised at 93,000 and that was less than three years ago. Now it's appraised value is 155,000. Sure, the housing bubble may burst, but I should still be sitting pretty and have an affordable house

If you have a bad credit score, there is plenty you can do though...my brother started with a lower score than you and in just a couple years is back up over 700. My credit score was a 718.

SlowStee
10-11-2005, 10:52 PM
a starter home will cost less then 100grand typicaly. with all the different home lones you can put a smaller down payment on now then a few years ago. if somone can aford even 1 grand in rent a month they can most likly get a smaller house now. That money paying off the house basicly goes back to you all ecept the interest on the lone where as paying rent its going to the person that owns the property and none in return to you the renter. hence why i said get a starter home. now how do i have no idea what im talking about, you should just drive around your piss colored wagon some more.
serious question-

Did you finish Highschool or what the ****???

I think you just suck at life :confused you gotta be kidding me with your spelling...

Sorry to hear this williamz, Hopefully you might recover some of your stole items :(

cheap80Z28
10-11-2005, 11:44 PM
maybe I got lucky..bad divorce, bankrupcy in the last 3 years...now I didn't put any thing down bought a $150,000 home( I have the VA home loan thing thought )...and I live near hye 100 and hampton.

ponyride00
10-12-2005, 03:13 AM
Noooooooooooo!! How are we going to cut grass now. Leaf cleanup is in acouple of weeks and I dont think my Stihl is going to cut it. Plus the Honda was the best trimmer in the world. Sucks. You and J need to find something soon. Someones trying to tell you something when you guys get **** stolen numerous times within a year. Sorry to hear it. Renters insurance is well worth the $20 amonth. $20000 coverage with a $200 copay. And Ive been looking for a house for awile and you cant find **** for under $150 in a decent area.

mongoose
10-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Co-worker lives there now, an my wife lived there when we met, now we live near Lilly, on North.

Shame you got burgled. :fire Sorry to hear it.

Corvette Jabo
10-12-2005, 07:55 AM
If anyone is serious about getting the hell out of the renters world you can do it! My first home was a Fixer-Upper, a POS in West Allis. There were 3 families worth of crap in the house, 3 dogs, 2cats and the guy parked his Harley in the living room over the winter. The cats pissed all over the carpet on the first floor and the dogs chewed the crap out of the doors and molding. Nothing was updated and it was if we stepped into a time portal and went back to the 1950’s. When we were walking through the house when it was for sale, other people were discussed with the condition of the home. We made a low ball offer on the house (below their asking price) and they were going through a divorce and took the first offer that came their way.

In just over 7 years I replaced every door, every piece of molding, all the inside windows, every piece of plumbing except for the tub itself, gutted the bathroom, put a 10 foot addition on the garage, took the yard from a jungle to a great place for the kids to play……….and oh yea, replaced all the cat pissed carpet.

Every time I started a new project it was an excuse to buy more tools and I learned how to do each thing. We doubled our money on the house when we sold it.

I have several friends that buy crap homes just like mine all the time for a song, fix them up and sell them. You just need to be focused on getting a house and not dumping every dime into a car.

1)Get pre-approved at the bank.
2)Let your friends know your looking, more eyes looking for deals.
3)Spend at least 1 day a week in the paper or driving through neighborhoods looking.
4)Have an open mind.
5)Pull your head out your ars.

Have a nice day!
Uncle Jabo

Teufelhunden
10-12-2005, 08:43 AM
You just need to be focused on getting a house and not dumping every dime into a car. Who was that directed at? That's not cool buddy. :wow :goof

Corvette Jabo
10-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Who was that directed at? That's not cool buddy. :wow :goof

Um Renters????? !!!!!!!!

Al
10-12-2005, 05:07 PM
GET OUT OF MILWAUKEE COUNTY!!!

Seriously, the brew town is just too expensive to live in.

Find a place out in the country where you can get a big chunck of land with a 4 bedroom house with a two car garage for the same price as a starter house in Milwaukee County.

If you want to mention the expense of gas and driving back and forth to work, you will be able to afford it better because the difference in taxes is so substancial.

As for crime...what crime? It just doesn't happen out there. Put an NRA sticker on your front door and people will leave you alone.

If you are looking for a loan, find one of the local banks near a house you like. The banks in the city like the numbers, but won't be your friend.

Al
10-12-2005, 05:16 PM
One of my buddies spent 140,000 and got a 3100 sq ft ranch with a two car garage. Not to mention the house is less than a mile from the Port Washington exit on I43.

LIL EVO
10-12-2005, 05:33 PM
I lived in Port Washington/Grafton once, what a shithole. I will never live away from the city again. Too far/tedious of a drive, especially when everyone you know lives within 15-20 minutes. I ended up driving back and forth every night just to have a night life

Scales
10-12-2005, 05:55 PM

Find a place out in the country where you can get a big chunck of land with a 4 bedroom house with a two car garage for the same price as a starter house in Milwaukee County.

If you want to mention the expense of gas and driving back and forth to work, you will be able to afford it better because the difference in taxes is so substancial.

As for crime...what crime? It just doesn't happen out there. Put an NRA sticker on your front door and people will leave you alone.

If you are looking for a loan, find one of the local banks near a house you like. The banks in the city like the numbers, but won't be your friend.

OK, I'm just wondering where outside of Milw. county you thought you could find a house cheaper then a "starter house" in Milw.? Do you really believe that?

And as far as crime, the first time my car got broken into was in Waukesha County. I lived in Racine County at the time, and my car got broken into while it was in a garage in Muskego. Don't think because you live far away from the city that crime won't come find you...

mongoose
10-12-2005, 07:07 PM

No ****! We sold our house in Milwaukee to move back to Brookfield (we grew up here) last year. Yeah, our mortgage is a little higher, but hell, our house is twice the size, the lot is four times the size, I have a huge driveway, we don't feel like the neighbors can watch the same TV show we are, etc.

Oh yeah, one other thing - our property taxes are lower!

Cryptic
10-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Put an NRA sticker on your front door and people will leave you alone.

screw the sticker... I have guns

PB86MCSS
10-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Sorry to hear about it. :( :fire

I'm glad I have a private 2 car garage, of course rent is about $1,500 a month but with 2 other roomates its livable. Whats scary to me is that these recent ones are happening in New Berlin/Brookfield(although Scales was in West Allis, close enough to NB) in secured garages. I know theft can happen anywhere, but I will always prefer to be out this way than anywhere in Milwaukee. Most incidents that happened in Muskego(lived there for 25 years) where high school age kids who broke into other kids cars they went to school with and knew what they had/didn't like the kid.....rarities. Never had an issue with parking either of my cars outside at my parents there in 6 years, even left the faceplate on most times overnight(not smart but I trusted the neighborhood). I've had my cars broken into 4 times now, Park N' Ride in Hales Corners and Miller Park.

Can't wait for the day when I have a house of my own, until then just take precautions to protect my vehicle/stereos.

theavenger333
10-12-2005, 11:12 PM
get your assses on the north side, or eastside, its not as expensive as you think.....

theavenger333
10-12-2005, 11:19 PM
by that i mean, i lived in shorewood, too expsive due to school system, but now i';m in glendale, my folks got a nicer house cheaper. but like brown deer, out that way, even out to cedarburg where bluebullet is. 15-20 minutes to downtown, nice neighborhood, and really quite affordable. yoosef is still in milwaukee, out near good hope and 45, again, decent neighborhood, and really not too expensive.