PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye, Delphi

Teufelhunden
10-10-2005, 11:38 AM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051010/wall_street.html?.v=13

Looks like GM's evil plan is working...or is it? :wooo :devil

Didn't Marv(PARALYZER) work for Delco? I heard he moved to the Twin Cities. I hope he didn't transfer all the way up there only to have that plant shutdown. That would suck.

animal
10-10-2005, 11:53 AM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051010/wall_street.html?.v=13

Looks like GM's evil plan is working...or is it? :wooo :devil

Didn't Marv(PARALYZER) work for Delco? I heard he moved to the Twin Cities. I hope he didn't transfer all the way up there only to have that plant shutdown. That would suck.

No, I thought I heard he's working for Eaton now but I could be mistaken?

loud91rs
10-10-2005, 12:33 PM
If most of the company of Delphi was made up of guys like the one I had to deal with when I worked in R&D at Harley-Davidson, they were bound to go bankrupt... :chair:

y2kws6
10-10-2005, 01:14 PM
My mom does, but she is in a loop hole with workmans-com currently. We will see, but damn there goes the primary discount.

Dan

PARALYZER
10-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I work for Eaton now.
I started looking for a new job in January. 3 months after that is when the scandals started hitting. Numerous Execs under federal investigations, CEO quitting, but taking millions in kickbacks....They are dirty man....Had to bounce. I got out just in time to get my pension before it was worth pennies on the dollar.
People making $25 an hour may be reduced to working for $10-$15 an hour....all dependant on a judge now. The hourly employees at the Oak Creek plant that flowed back to GM last year are thanking their lucky stars right now. They got out. The Union shop chairman bounced too, that should have been the writing on the wall.

Silver03SRT
10-10-2005, 01:33 PM
My girlfriends dad works for delphi looks like he is goign to get screwed. He applied at a plant in MI now.

Mssplayboybunie
10-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Im kinda surprised but at the sametime not really...they used to be pretty big I thought like around 2-3 years ago. that would really suck to get a pay deduction though i'd be pretty upset and its not easy nowa days to get up and find another job where your making equal or more $ I've been looking now for 3 months and my area of work is pretty extensive but no luck.

0TransAm0
10-11-2005, 04:05 PM
yeah my dad works thier he has been off on medical for a month for knee surgery and a week of vacation till this monday....guess we will see what happens then..he was SUPPOSED to retire within a yr or so.....

PARALYZER
10-11-2005, 05:04 PM
http://www.futureoftheunion.com/

very interesting read.

Flight_740
10-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't like unions. I think thats the reason american cars suck these days. GM has to lack in quality because they have to pay their under qualified leaker employees to much money just because they are in the union.

Im not saying this about every union employee but I think it's a majority.

Im stepping into my flame suit now. :rolf

Lash
10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
My Uncle retired a few months ago from Delphi. I wonder if he's gonna get screwed on his pension now.

And about unions.....I think the Union I'm in (Local 18 Sheet Metal HVAC) keeps the unqalified leakers out. Word travels fast and if they are a crappy worker...they will sit on unemployment till it runs out.....then they'll have to find a new profession. But our Union is VERY different from the automotive industries unions.

Cryptic
10-11-2005, 05:44 PM
The average union worker’s wage-and-benefit package at Delphi is about $65 an hour

That there says it all.