PDA

View Full Version : Possible all-new Dodge Challenger? Other future possibilities as well

Prince Valiant
10-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Appearently it HAS been confirmed that Dodge will be coming out with an all-new, 2 DOOR coupe to compete with the Ford Mustang...slated for model year 08 or 09, so I'd anticipate a summer 07 or 08 realease. It's reportedly going to be on the next generation LX chasis, known as the LY. How much smaller it'll be vs the typical LX, I am not sure...certainly a shorter wheelbase and should be a reasonable weight.

Inside sources have also said that a 6 speed manual WILL be available.

Engine availability would likely be an all new 4.0v6 w/ 4v heads standard (I'd anticipate at least the 255hp of the current 3.5v6, but no more than 300hp), a possiblity of an intermediate v8 (Maybe the upcoming 3v version of the vernable 4.7 v8? Guess around 300hp) certainly the 340-350hp 5.7 Hemi with both MDS and the upcoming VVT (vtek) feature, and as well, the 425hp6.1 Hemi.

Right now, the 4.7 3V v8 is only slated for Trucks and SUV's such as the dakota, ram, durango, Grand cherokee, and commander...so it's only a slight possibility that'll make it's way to a car based platform.

Another outside possibility is that of the upcoming, all new AL V-10...has been rumored ever since they began production of the current SRT-10 with it's 8.3 v-10 based on the old LA engines, the 318, 340 and 360. This new V-10 is reportedly based on the current Hemi, and as such uses the Hemi heads. It appears in the production forcast as:

"[i]EWE ….. 8.4L ….. V10 (MPI) ALUM. BLK 700 H …… "

Currently it's availability is forecast in the current viper's, the next gen viper chasis, and current and next gen Ram's (As an SRT or a detuned truck version, it does not say). Most of the rumors I've heard peg the horsepower figures at 600hp...but there are some that say the 700 appears for a reason. But there is nothing that says the challenger won't show up on a moddified viper platform either.

Now, onto the pics of what the future challenger may look like...personally, I'd rock #1. The other two, I'd have to actually see in person to appreciate I would guess....of course, the likelyhood of #1 making it is less, as the guy who made it is not an employee of DCX and it is unknown how much inside info he has access to (he does have some, just no input). While the other two reportedly used inside info to render...

http://www.creatingthelie.com/auto_gallery/mopar/images/plum_RT_challenger_front.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/chryslerdodge/challenger02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/chryslerdodge/challenger01.jpg

69Roadrunner
10-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Yes, the first one......NICE!

Teufelhunden
10-10-2005, 11:43 AM
I've been wishing for this for so long. They better not F it up!!

awsomeears
10-10-2005, 11:54 AM
It's a cool idea to bring the name back but we all know they'll fock up on it and make it look like shat..........

:)

1st one is badass

wikked
10-10-2005, 12:27 PM
#1 is the best by a landslide... clean, simple lines.
Why do they feel the need to make them look like child eating space machines?
Rear end on 2nd pic looks like the new Eclipse *gag*
That front end on the last pic is just retarded.

Look at the GTO/Charger & learn what not to do! :chair:
The new mustang is a success because it actually resembles the old styling.

animal
10-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Heh, dodge and their stupid big-arse grill on everything :rolleyes:

Hopefully it'll end up like the first one only, or else I don't think it can come close to competing in sales with the look of the new stang.

92lxcoupe
10-10-2005, 01:11 PM
That will be awesome, as long as they don't screw up the styling. It would be pretty cool to see the second coming of the "Muscle Car Wars." It would also give Ford and Chevrolet some more competition. Strong competition will improve the big 3's products.

Poncho
10-10-2005, 03:20 PM
if it looked like the purple car...... OMG.........

STEALTHZR2
10-10-2005, 03:33 PM
That's sweet.

Jsho13
10-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Love the first one

Max 93
10-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I like the first one as well. the rest have grills like the truck.

HITMAN
10-11-2005, 01:42 AM
I love the first one, but the Krauts will surely want keep the looks in the DCX family and it will end up looking like #2 or #3. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/disgust.gif

DRK
10-11-2005, 10:22 AM
It'll probably have a revised version of the torsion bar front end :durr , and again be a big heavy pig :loser .