PDA

View Full Version : Wal_Mart prints . . .

SMS 1
10-09-2005, 01:43 AM
So I have started using Wal-Mart for some of my post processing and printing tasks. Great results . . .

Until today . . .

I submitted the pic below as well as 4-5 others for a final "advertising" test and I got . . . .

TOTAL CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will go back on Monday to find a dayshift manager that actually cares but I was pissed. I have had stellar perfect prints up until now. When I recieved these 4.5hrs late (because "You're file jammed our machine") and then I get FOLDED, CHEMICAL STAINED, Miscut, piles of sh1t like I got, I doubt I'll be back. They are cheap for printing true digi-to-print pics but hell I'll pay the extra for pro's to do it . . .

http://aurigenmedia.com/crs/10-06/bs-photo-8x10.jpg

The print was mint and they . . . FVCKERED IT ALL TO HELL!!!!!
Anyone elese w/bad Wally-Photo experiences?

BTW: exposure and tone WERE dead on. It's juct the service and crop (pre-cropped for an 8x10"@300dpi) I am upset with ;)

srt4eh
10-09-2005, 10:46 AM
take it to Target....their photo processing has greatly increased in quality

theavenger333
10-11-2005, 02:42 AM
digi cam and a really expensive photo printer i use at work..... sorry

SMS 1
10-11-2005, 12:37 PM
digi cam and a really expensive photo printer i use at work..... sorry

Quite expensive digi and an even more expensive Fuji Frontier 390 digital-to-chemical minilab for $2.84/per 8x10 :stare (or $1.96 if I am patient enough to wait for them to be mailed)

Seriously though, I talked to the manager and they had a problem with the machine (some bad rollers and a leaking chem seal). They have a tech coming in this week to replace some parts and then they will reprint them for free and I'll get a couple more freebies to boot. So I guess I am happy again :yawn: