PDA

View Full Version : 06 ZO6 dynos only 443rwhp!!

JC70SS
10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
What a pile of Sh1T!! For $75K this is a joke. :rolf

Jsho13
10-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Ha, oh the drama

lotsals1
10-06-2005, 05:27 PM
last dyno i saw on one was 509rwhp so where did you get this info from ? last time i saw one run a 1/4 mile it ran 11.2 with no tuning and stock exhaust-slam some big mid lenth headers and open the exaust as well as a bit of tuning 10 sec car all day .
tell me how many cars under 100k can do that! I would give my left NAD to own one.
POS HELLLLLL NO! ocasionaly youll have one slower than all the rest.Anyone want to bet me on this let me know .gimme one for a week i could get it in the 11.0 catergory with free mods ect.

SLOWC5
10-06-2005, 05:31 PM
509 sounds like the LG headers and lucas oil swap dyno numbers

The car traps 127 stock, thats a solid 10 second car stock with the right driver

JEFF

JC70SS
10-06-2005, 05:51 PM
www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387484

SLOWC5
10-06-2005, 06:07 PM
ahh, close enough :)

JEFF

BAD LS1
10-06-2005, 06:50 PM
who cares what it dyno's.... whats it run in the 1/4? is all that matters!!

if a factory stock car that knocks down mid-upper 20 mpg, will lay down 125+ mph passes and will pass a sniffer test... Thats pretty god damn impressive! It surpassed the new viper performance, then who would pay 75K for that? mission accomplished.

BAD LS1
10-06-2005, 06:55 PM
www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387484

Thats pretty unfair to label it a complete turd when tuning cant even be done to help it, they did make valid points that would make the #s fall off some.

But all that 440+ hp is in by 5500 RPM's, that car will haul some serious ass if it can keep the tires on it with a powerband like that.

:drool:

Cryptic
10-06-2005, 06:55 PM
yeah look at this piece of sh!t
:drool: :drool:
http://www.vette-net.com/images/C6_SpyShots/2006_Z06_Chop.jpg

I heard vette's can turn too when going fast. hmm maybe thats overated :rolleyes:

BAD LS1
10-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey thanks! now the old lady is gonna be mad cuz i shot the stock-pile all over that pic!!! PAGE WELDING at its finest :wooo

Gorgeous car...
http://www.vette-net.com/images/C6_SpyShots/2006_Z06_Chop.jpg

GRNDNL
10-06-2005, 07:05 PM

Ya...What a pile.... :crying

What does your car Dyno at anyway?...... ;) :shades

Prince Valiant
10-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Meh. It is what it is...now lets see wait and see what it can do.

No matter, It IS a very impressive car though.

Todd Z
10-06-2005, 09:37 PM
The car was built to compete with supercars costing three times as much. So 1/4 mile is not everything, check out lateral G's, braking, etc. This beast is the real deal and you would be hard pressed to build one for less! I will own one next year!

nismodave
10-06-2005, 09:46 PM
who cares what it dyno's.... whats it run in the 1/4? is all that matters!!

Once again the obsession with 1/4 mile times. :durr

Umm.......Its not a drag car.....I give my left eyebrow for that car......its a freakin killer in the twistys. :wooo

HITMAN
10-06-2005, 11:19 PM

:rolleyes:

First of all, the car has an msrp of $68,500, not $75,000 as you claim. Second, if you use the standard drive train loss of 15% for RWD manual transmission cars, this gives you an SAE net of 521 HP at the flywheel, which is where GM rates their engines. Looks to me as if Chevrolet has under-rated this engine. It's hardly a POS. :alcoholic

How well would your Chevelle stack up against this car? 1/4 mile? Top speed? Cornering ability? Braking? Fuel economy? Comfort? http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/thinker.gif

SlowStee
10-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Once again the obsession with 1/4 mile times. :durr

Umm.......Its not a drag car.....I give my left eyebrow for that car......its a freakin killer in the twistys. :wooo
dude your eyebrow would grow back cheapskate!!

chargedformula
10-07-2005, 06:47 AM
not if i chopped it off

Jsho13
10-07-2005, 08:59 AM
The car was built to compete with supercars costing three times as much. So 1/4 mile is not everything, check out lateral G's, braking, etc. This beast is the real deal and you would be hard pressed to build one for less! I will own one next year!

A Vette is for the most part a status symbol. How many people are going to go buy and take it to the track? I would be willing to bet that not too many. Most of the people that have them will drag race them more than anything.

88camaro
10-07-2005, 09:05 AM
A Vette is for the most part a status symbol. How many people are going to go buy and take it to the track? I would be willing to bet that not too many. Most of the people that have them will drag race them more than anything.

Have you been to mfba at road america?

Jsho13
10-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Have you been to mfba at road america?

No, but I would assume most the people that are going to buy the new ZO6 are going to be old guys (always in nice sports cars) that will not molest them or use them for what they are designed for. You cant honestly say that you see most sports cars or super cars(if you want to call it that) being used for what it is meant for. How many viper owners track there cars? Not many. Same will go for the vette.

JC70SS
10-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Well, I'd still pass on it. First off, the C6 doesn't look as nice as the C5. So I'd buy a FRC 99 C5 for $20K and put a nice turbo on it and blow the doors off of it. I think a few of you would love to have it just because of the image thing.....hey, look, I have a $75K car and you don't. Big deal. Keith, I don't know what my car dynos, I don't care, but I am sure it is faster than that GS of yours :rolf

HITMAN
10-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Well, I'd still pass on it. First off, the C6 doesn't look as nice as the C5.
Looks are a subjective thing. It's like saying one restaurant is better than another. The opinion is only true for the one giving it.

So I'd buy a FRC 99 C5 for $20K and put a nice turbo on it and blow the doors off of it.
This is a specious argument. "I could buy a such and such for $50 and put a turbo on it and blah blah blah". Sorry dude, but it doesn't work for me. Try to find a STONE STOCK car that performs as well as this new Z/06 for the money.

I think a few of you would love to have it just because of the image thing.....hey, look, I have a $75K car and you don't. Big deal. Kind of like owning a LS6 '70 Chevelle SS454... ;)

GRNDNL
10-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Big deal. Keith, I don't know what my car dynos, I don't care, but I am sure it is faster than that GS of yours :rolf

:rolf :rolf

God, I hope its faster, it would be pretty sad if it wasn't..... :thumbsup

The last LS6 Chevelle I raced "thought" he would be faster also....Oh Well... :chair:

Bring it down on the 22nd, we'll find out... :shades ...Mandy gave me the OK to bring her GS..... :headbang

Flight_740
10-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Well, I'd still pass on it. First off, the C6 doesn't look as nice as the C5. So I'd buy a FRC 99 C5 for $20K and put a nice turbo on it and blow the doors off of it. I think a few of you would love to have it just because of the image thing.....hey, look, I have a $75K car and you don't. Big deal. Keith, I don't know what my car dynos, I don't care, but I am sure it is faster than that GS of yours :rolf

It's a real toss up on what looks better to me. They both look nice. But for how cheap you can get a C5 for now, thats where I would put my money as well. :thumbsup

JC70SS
10-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Keith, just giving you some shiat! I would love too, but the M22 is on it's last leg. I would agree that most LS6 chevelles aren't much to handle when they are stock. My car isn't an LS6, I would hope it has a few more hp than one.

Hitman, owning a 70 Chevelle is not an image thing....ask Animal! Most people look down on muscle car owners especially living in the Burbs.

SLOWC5
10-07-2005, 12:03 PM
No, but I would assume most the people that are going to buy the new ZO6 are going to be old guys (always in nice sports cars) that will not molest them or use them for what they are designed for. You cant honestly say that you see most sports cars or super cars(if you want to call it that) being used for what it is meant for. How many viper owners track there cars? Not many. Same will go for the vette.

YEAH this car never see the track or 140 MPH burnouts, or slow 1/4 mile times :rolf

Guess you dont spend much time on the internet

see how many users there are on
www.LS1Tech.com
www.corvetteforum.com

JEFF

Jsho13
10-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Wow, one car; your car. Maybe you didnt read my post stating that MOST people will not track it. You know not everyone drag races and auto crosses their cars. Look at 75% of vette owners. Old guys that probably dont even know the potential that their car has. They just have a corvette to have a corvette. Status Symbol!

Crawlin
10-07-2005, 01:36 PM
My pop's Z06 was the exact opposite of Jeff's... 1.5 years of ownership, 1500 miles on it when traded in. Bought brand new, hahaha.

To have a decent performing vehicle with a factory warranty is the best benefit. That's where it trumps a '99 FRC with a turbo type setup. But then again, do a whole lingenfelter setup and you got a warranty don't you?

As for the image thing? I think some people will buy them for the STATUS. But most people end up buying certain cars for that same status whether it's meant any number of ways. And we modify them to set them apart from the mainstream, which just attracts more attention, and that's on line with the "image" thing.

SLOWC5
10-07-2005, 01:43 PM
for a vette used to cost 20K I cant see it as a status symbol, everyone could own one. Thats not why I own one! For you to see some old guy driving down the highway and assume that cause he drives 62 in a 65 means he doesn't enjoy beating the hell out of his car means your crazy. Or taking it to RA or GLD and enjoying the car as it's meant to be.

A Ferarri 360 modena is a status symbol, vettes are a dime a dozen in my book.

JEFF

theavenger333
10-07-2005, 02:06 PM
to say a vette is a status symbol isn't fair. it all depends on who the person is. go to road america, there are SO many vettes road racing, thats really what those cars are built for in terms of racing. i've seen older men buying cadillacs, for status symbols, audis, for status symbols. if they are going to spend 40+ just to look great, all the power to them, but if they are spending that much on a vette, believe me, they want performance.

Cleveland Dave
10-07-2005, 02:29 PM
z06 kicks ass! :alcoholic

lotsals1
10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
ok so you say you would buy a car for 30k and drop a turbo on it and it would kick its ass --well since i just heard of a ls7 doing 648 rwhp NA! today from a very respectable source I would say no and besides stick a cheese dik 100 shot on that ls7 for 400$ but why stop there the motor could handle duel 250's right out of the box since it has a titainium rotateing assembly. FEAR THE LS7 ! it is one bad mofo and i bet there will be no car in that price range that could beat it normaly asspirated for a long long long time .It doesnt need boost to be fast "thats the kick ass part"

lotsals1
10-07-2005, 04:44 PM
to say a vette is a status symbol isn't fair. it all depends on who the person is. go to road america, there are SO many vettes road racing, thats really what those cars are built for in terms of racing. i've seen older men buying cadillacs, for status symbols, audis, for status symbols. if they are going to spend 40+ just to look great, all the power to them, but if they are spending that much on a vette, believe me, they want performance.I always enjoyed handing ZO6's their ass :shades

GTSLOW
10-07-2005, 08:35 PM

What are you talking about? There's ALOT of 45+ Z06 guys there! Yes theres vipers too!

Cryptic
10-07-2005, 10:28 PM
My vette is sitting in an IRA over at Edward Jones earning a cool 16.25% average. Exciting huh... :goof

Todd Z
10-07-2005, 11:51 PM
I currently have a 2004 CE ZO6 with 6k on it, half of wich are track miles. More ZO6's are tracked than you might think.

SSmike1
10-09-2005, 01:40 PM
What are you talking about? There's ALOT of 45+ Z06 guys there! Yes theres vipers too!
YES
were the only ones who can afford them! :)
WITH the Insurance!
If you tried to buy a ZO6, the insurance would cost you more than the CAR
at your age!
:wooo

AND TOM, i am with you,
i LOVE the ZO6
awesome car!
and it handles.

I have driven Road America with a ZO6
and it is WAY faster than a F-body!.
:banana