PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costumes... for us lazy people

animal
10-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Every year, I'm stuck on a saturday evening with no clue what to wear to the costume party I'm going to in a few hours. I figured I'd jump the gun and have people post some of the cool costumes you've done or seen at your parties. That way we can all take each other's ideas and call them "original" even though they aren't. It sure beats going to the halloween store and looking through all the picked through pre-made garbage they have.

I'll add a couple:

blind referee - made this one for $25 total and it turned out great with the $21 referee shirt. You could also do the miller lite refs with that one

get an old low-number bears jersey, carry around a 6 pack and remote, stuff a pillow in your gut and be a washed-up bears quarterback.

animal
10-04-2005, 11:12 AM
More:

Go as a toilet - make the back tank out of a box, wear that over your shoulders and wear a toilet seat tied to your waist. When you sit down the seat ends up horizontal on your knees. Wear all blue and be the water. Turns out pretty funny actually.

Go as the walmart greeter - find an old blue vest and make a few name tags ,etc. Dress up as some old guy.

awsomeears
10-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Go and buy a Preist outfit from a halloween store for $15. Go to good will and buy a complete outfit for a small kid, Pants/Shoes/long sleeve shirt.

Fill it up with paper and cut holes threw it then put a ZIP TIE around it :thumbsup

Sort of linking it all together to make a kid :rolf

Then take your belt wrap it threw there loops in the pants.

Make sure to CUT the preist robe so you can see the kids pans and shoes.

Walk around and watch the general public stare in shock :wooo :wooo

I only had one guy give me shti

I have pictures somewhere on my computer :headbang

If your wondering what the hell I just typed or trying to think of what I was ill break it down for you :

Priest walking around with a little boy under his robe ;)

Scales
10-05-2005, 12:59 PM
You can't forget this one... Take a cardboard box, cut out a hole big enough to put your melon through in the bottom, cut out the front comptetely in a "W" shape, wrap the whole works in tinfoil, and ad a sign "Free Mamogram Here." (or innsert boobs here)

Or another one I've seen... (might even be cheaper)

Take a 3'x3' piece of cardboard. Cut a hole big enough for your waist. Slip that bad boy on. Drape a sheet over the cardboard (surounding yourself). Put a lampshade on your head.... Now you're a "one night stand"

(I took second to that costume in a bar contest a couple years ago)

wikked
10-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Go and buy a Preist outfit from a halloween store for $15. Go to good will and buy a complete outfit for a small kid, Pants/Shoes/long sleeve shirt.

Fill it up with paper and cut holes threw it then put a ZIP TIE around it :thumbsup

Sort of linking it all together to make a kid :rolf

Then take your belt wrap it threw there loops in the pants.

Make sure to CUT the preist robe so you can see the kids pans and shoes.

Walk around and watch the general public stare in shock :wooo :wooo

I only had one guy give me shti

I have pictures somewhere on my computer :headbang

If your wondering what the hell I just typed or trying to think of what I was ill break it down for you :

Priest walking around with a little boy under his robe ;)

eh?

http://www.wikked.com/images/halloween.jpg

awsomeears
10-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Yep same thing but my kid was younger

lotsals1
10-05-2005, 02:54 PM
well my generico -is entails 2 rolls of aluminum foil -and a roll of scotch tape -people laugh their a$$ off when they see you all wrapped up in tin foil

pOrk
10-05-2005, 06:41 PM
The kid/priest one is hilaurious

awsomeears
10-05-2005, 10:50 PM
The kid/priest one is hilaurious

Ohh yea forgot to mention it was me and a buddy in the same thing so two priests :rolf

At first people thought " ohh thats funny two preists " then the saw the kids and there mouths droped then laughed really hard :rolf

Syclone0044
10-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I did Willy Wonka 2 years ago, that worked really well. Got a top hat from Bartz's, found a big blue trench type coat from Good Will and a goofy plaid purple shirt underneath, got a cane, and made up some Wonka Bars by searching the web and found a movie-prop website with high res movie prop printouts :stare and made the requisite Golden Ticket also.. Great costume and got a lot of comments. And who doesn't secretly want to wear a Top hat?