PDA

View Full Version : Union questions

awsomeears
10-03-2005, 09:59 PM
My last thread was awsome thanks guys :thumbsup

Next question.

What union should I go with and why ?

I called up union 18 and there mailing me some packet with all the papers I need to sign up or read :thumbsup

How many unions are in the greater milwaukee area ? or suroundings ?

- Brad -

Korndogg
10-03-2005, 10:01 PM
im getting into the Steamfitters union Local 601. www.steam601.com

Lash
10-04-2005, 02:07 PM
In this area only one HVAC union. Each union has it's own area. It's kind of hard to explain.....but each state local has designated county's that are consided their "home" area I guess you could say. Like madison's HVAc is a different local # than milwaukees.

Local 18 serves Milwaukee and it's surrounding county's. Anything else is considered travel and you get extra bennifits or pay from working in a non-home county.

awsomeears
10-04-2005, 03:10 PM
In this area only one HVAC union. Each union has it's own area. It's kind of hard to explain.....but each state local has designated county's that are consided their "home" area I guess you could say. Like madison's HVAc is a different local # than milwaukees.

Local 18 serves Milwaukee and it's surrounding county's. Anything else is considered travel and you get extra bennifits or pay from working in a non-home county.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ic

Well I got the packet in today :thumbsup and im going to fill it out :thumbsup

Also I think im in the clear to not take the test again because I took it when I first started MATC.

But ill call kurt to make sure.

Thanks again guys :thumbsup

Korndogg
10-04-2005, 03:16 PM
nope....you have to take the test again. I tried that. And you cant say theres only ONE HVAC union because theres so many different things to do with HVAC. Im going into the 601 which is steamfitters which is still HVAC.

Lash
10-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Fine...HVAC sheetmetal/Service.

Fitters also do other things which have nothing to do with HVAC. My father-in law run's underground gas pipe for new buildings and neighborhoods. Not HVAC but still 601.

Korndogg
10-04-2005, 03:51 PM
no im just saying because the 601 has a refrigeration service part too besides the steamfitters.

Lash
10-04-2005, 03:53 PM
:thumbsup

awsomeears
10-04-2005, 05:14 PM
So who all went threw union 18 ?

Lash
10-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Me and Brian