PDA

View Full Version : IW7 @GLD october 16 HEADS UP CLASS

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
10-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Yup they got it now! So all you anti bracket racers better show!
I'll be there but running the Q8 with the Grand Am

here's the link
http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/

also scroll dow an see the awsome pic of My Trans Am :headbang

Russ Jerome
10-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey Jake whats up!

The heads up still just shows 13.0-13.99 and 14.0-"""?
Could always run the kids turbovan in 14 second turtle
race :)

Prince Valiant
10-03-2005, 09:36 PM
I thought the grand am was gone?

1fastsol
10-03-2005, 10:35 PM
i will be there free money

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
10-03-2005, 10:52 PM
hey russ go to the message board and read the thread on import war 7!!!
They added a new class Super 7 or something like that!

Bee
10-04-2005, 02:59 PM
i will be there free money

Remember mr. delsol.. you have to beat all the 8-9sec RWD toyotas.... LMAO!!! good luck!!!! oh i almost forgot the mid 9sec AMS EVO... :thumbsup

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
10-05-2005, 11:35 AM
If theres a nopi race that week the AMS car wont be there.
Any way so who's going for the Super 7??????
What happend to all the talk earlier this year and last about no heads up racing????

Bee
10-05-2005, 12:22 PM
If theres a nopi race that week the AMS car wont be there.
Any way so who's going for the Super 7??????
What happend to all the talk earlier this year and last about no heads up racing????

if things go hand and hand we'll bring two cars for the "SUPER 7".... remember things usually never go hand and hand.....always little dumb things happen at the last minute...goodluck to ourselves... :thumbsup

1fastsol
10-06-2005, 08:11 AM
i'm running super 7. that will be hard but fun! i will have to do more testing and tunning then. need more hp :headbang

stickygray
10-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Sounds like fun hope to smoke you all :banana

stickygray
10-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Just kidding sole :D

twicks69
10-07-2005, 12:04 AM
I'll be there running quick 16.

Going up to Appleton today to install my AEM EMS, sensors, and then a couple days of dyno tuning. WooHoo!

I also need to do a few other "details" to the car when I am up there, but I will most certainly be attending the Import Drag Wars. As well as the K.O.T.H. on Saturday Oct. 22nd.

See you all at GLD!

Teufelhunden
10-07-2005, 08:30 AM
I'll be there running quick 16. Any plans for a cage yet?

twicks69
10-07-2005, 01:38 PM
yeah, I will need a cage put in -- but I will have to do it this winter. Bills to pay, and only 2 races left for this season.

I will be racing at WIR tonight for RSD's -- I will give a ET/MPH update on 18psi/pump/stock ecu/stock maf.

I am going to install the sensors today, but will install the EMS tomorrow morning.

Bee
10-07-2005, 01:50 PM
yeah, I will need a cage put in -- but I will have to do it this winter. Bills to pay, and only 2 races left for this season.

I will be racing at WIR tonight for RSD's -- I will give a ET/MPH update on 18psi/pump/stock ecu/stock maf.

I am going to install the sensors today, but will install the EMS tomorrow morning.

AEM EMS = :thumbsup

Bee
10-07-2005, 01:54 PM
There are probably 3-4 Toyotas that are easily 8-9sec in the chicago/WI area. Sol dude you should have a 50% chance in this class if all goes good at the dyno... I hope this super7 class will have all 7 competitors competing.

Tim if you qualify for super7 you should just run that class!!!

twicks69
10-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Tim if you qualify for super7 you should just run that class!!!

I will not be running super 7 class. Heads up pro tree--I would rather dial in and beat on faster cars in quick 16 while still having a chance to win.

If I raced super 7 against a field of 8-9 second cars including "el nino", it wouldnt even be a competition unless my car became 1000# lighter, running huge slicks, and had 900 HP.

Currently, the car does not have any of those things.

1fastsol
10-13-2005, 09:21 PM
well i just dyno my car and got 635whp and ready for to go!

fly5150
10-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Remember mr. delsol.. you have to beat all the 8-9sec RWD toyotas.... LMAO!!! good luck!!!! oh i almost forgot the mid 9sec AMS EVO... :thumbsup

I don't think that is going to happen when I hear delsol ran a best of a 12.9 @110 mph today...

oops CDW81* posted this

Russ Jerome
10-16-2005, 09:35 PM
So what were the better times? Sick at home and realy wanted
to go watch :(

kyledykstra
10-16-2005, 10:38 PM
So what were the better times? Sick at home and realy wanted
to go watch :(

IIRC, best I saw in Super 7 was a 10.9, they were back in the 11's for the final race.

Bee
10-17-2005, 12:57 AM
IIRC, best I saw in Super 7 was a 10.9, they were back in the 11's for the final race.

damn that's it.... i thought some of the 8-9sec imports were going to take it.. :eek: i'm shocked!!! :wow

Bee
10-17-2005, 01:05 AM
I don't think that is going to happen when I hear delsol ran a best of a 12.9 @110 mph today...

oops CDW81* posted this

so you guys are saying that he only hit 12.9s...???
well that's that...all cool.. if he says he actually made 635whp then obviously something didn't go right or he was probably testing the car altogether.
no offense if any at all, but when Beeyond first showed up with the Civic Drag Car last year and ran 12.8s@125mph or so a few times through the day some of the people that had some affliation in BCM(V8 guys) laughed and giggled. After those test/tune runs, the next fews runs that came Shut them up...no one talked!!! bow down!!! :eek: all the guys in that particular crew was silent... :wow I think we netted low 10 or something of that nature at about 140+mph...............

what i am saying is that don't go on bashing if you are.. if you didn't mean to bash then cool..... sol may have been testing/tuning around with his new setup. things can go wrong and they do in a HIGH powered street race car. no one can deny this. I will consult with sol dude and see what's going on. when it gets down packed which it will, then the haters will be silent again. :wow

NEXT year the import world in the midwest will see one of the fastest ALL MOTOR built here in Wisconsin... :thumbsup :banana

twicks69
10-17-2005, 07:11 AM
I blew up my tranny before I could put down a time for qualifying in QUick 16 -- oh well. I guess I will have to wait until next year to run the car.

Teufelhunden
10-17-2005, 07:49 AM
I blew up my tranny before I could put down a time for qualifying in QUick 16 -- oh well. I guess I will have to wait until next year to run the car.oh frack...thats sucks. any pics? :devil

Teufelhunden
10-17-2005, 07:51 AM
NEXT year the import world in the midwest will see one of the fastest ALL MOTOR built here in Wisconsin... :thumbsup :bananaNot the fastest? Wow...I guess. :rolleyes:

WilliamZ
10-17-2005, 08:40 AM
what i am saying is that don't go on bashing if you are.. if you didn't mean to bash then cool..... sol may have been testing/tuning around with his new setup. things can go wrong and they do in a HIGH powered street race car. no one can deny this. I will consult with sol dude and see what's going on. when it gets down packed which it will, then the haters will be silent again. :wow

Not bashing on the car at all. I know it is going to move out well as time goes on, but when Mr. Sol posts that it's easy money (cocky) people are going to chuckle when someone posts that before even taking it to the track! A car can put out impressive dyno #'s but that doesn't mean you are going to run good at the track. You know that. Mr Sol ran my buddies 360whp mustang and lost because he couldn't hook up for sh(t.

Teufelhunden
10-17-2005, 08:49 AM
but when Mr. Sol posts that it's easy money (cocky) people are going to chuckle when someone posts that before even taking it to the track! +1

1fastsol
10-17-2005, 10:10 AM
well, i did not mean to come a crossed cocky. but i had on street tires no slicks. wheel spin in all gear. i did not go out to hwy to race just cruse. i wanted to have some fun. if that's the case i would of put on street slick. if you want we can run again with street slicks on? but i need to drive car and test to make sure everything is ok. get the bugs out. at track i ran a 12.9 boging out the hole and lunched to low. and only ran 2nd and 3rd gear(testing). no 4th gear. half track. if you saw 3rd gear you know that car can move. my alt belt keeps on breaking, have to fix the problem and will run again. this was the first time the car went down the track. im not going to do a full run until i fix the problem. i will keep you updated.

Russ Jerome
10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
but i had on street tires no slicks. wheel spin in all gear. .

That becomes frustating after only a few trips to track :(

I can run 119 smoking the tires to a 12.9 or 12.1 at 112.
Think I have set GLDs FWD burnout record, from the drop
of the tree well beyond 1/2 track smoke still leaving wheel
wells on return road ;(

1fastsol
10-17-2005, 06:10 PM
i here you. speaking of that man the track had good traction. i lunch at 7400 at 5psi boost and bogged. wow!

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
10-17-2005, 11:01 PM
I'll say traction was good and damn good!! 1.67 60' with a 2100lbs car runing on 215/60r14 BFG drag radials. Ya the 2 qts of trany fluid I left on the starting line proves traction was good! The starter for the import wars this year loves traction! Personaly i think he just likes seeing the imports break but it makes for a good launch for us who like to blast out of the hole!

ThatWhiteCivic
10-17-2005, 11:39 PM
I busted my axle on my first attempt.....threw another one on, and traped a 103.9 mph. Didn't have any more axles so I didn't heat up the slicks and only cutted 1.9 60'. Still good enough ;)

Bee
10-18-2005, 01:48 PM
I blew up my tranny before I could put down a time for qualifying in QUick 16 -- oh well. I guess I will have to wait until next year to run the car.

Tim my point exactly..... sometimes high powered car can't even make it down the track until all bugs are finalized... :)

Bee
10-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Not the fastest? Wow...I guess. :rolleyes:

"one of the fastest" not the fastest.... :thumbsup

Bee
10-18-2005, 01:57 PM
I busted my axle on my first attempt.....threw another one on, and traped a 103.9 mph. Didn't have any more axles so I didn't heat up the slicks and only cutted 1.9 60'. Still good enough ;)

nice rob... i think the tuning i did at the dyno really helped out your engine setup. now even with slicks you are trapping where you need to be. heard what you ran and i give you :thumbsup for an awesome 1/4mile time, good driving and good concentration. reason why your trapspeed is better now is because better tunning on the topend...we definitely saw that on the dyno. what i expected of your car.. we'll do more tuning when you can get the neptune software and by then i'll have my dyno up and running. :thumbsup ;)

btw you owe me $50.00 for that axle.... also remember that axle has lifetime warranty through us... hehe!!! :goof