PDA

View Full Version : Cams Cams Cams...

RedGSX
10-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Finally got the stage 3 crowers in with ARP's and gasket, thanks to LilEvo, Crawlin, Farmtruck and Junk. All good now that all the seals are new, no leaks at all. Just have to wait to fix struts and brakes then go for tune and more boost... Should be fun. :thumbsup

ekstatixx
10-03-2005, 09:50 AM
so when are you gonna upgrade that turbo and give me that "little one" you have now??

the quest wants boost too

Pantera99GS
10-03-2005, 10:41 AM
That's awesome Mike! Time to turn the boost up and get some new times :).

Bee
10-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Finally got the stage 3 crowers in with ARP's and gasket, thanks to LilEvo, Crawlin, Farmtruck and Junk. All good now that all the seals are new, no leaks at all. Just have to wait to fix struts and brakes then go for tune and more boost... Should be fun. :thumbsup

crower cams gonna break.. hehe!!!

for real though guys... seen 2 sets break this season!!! LMAO!!! never again will we use them.. now their rods are another story... good sh1t :thumbsup

ekstatixx
10-03-2005, 01:39 PM
whats an aftermarket cam??? wait whats aftermarket.
us quest guys dont know of things like this. we use parts like Tim's cam or Mike's cam. Chads intake, etc.........

just messin with you guys. i wish there was an aftermarket following for my car

ThatWhiteCivic
10-03-2005, 06:40 PM
crower cams gonna break.. hehe!!!

for real though guys... seen 2 sets break this season!!! LMAO!!! never again will we use them.. now their rods are another story... good sh1t :thumbsup

I can vouch for one breaking this year

SloFarmTruck
10-03-2005, 07:38 PM
For the price I got them at I couldn't pass them up. Besides if they do break just gives me an excuse to possibly build or move to another car. Have to wait and see if they break then...shall I start a pool? :goof

-RedGSX

Junky Giorgio
10-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey idiots, you have to remember this is NOT a honda product that these Crower cams are for. Never have i heard of a set of crower cams breaking on a dsm. must be some gay honda thing... :rolf

Bee
10-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey idiots, you have to remember this is NOT a honda product that these Crower cams are for. Never have i heard of a set of crower cams breaking on a dsm. must be some gay honda thing... :rolf

hey idiots you have to understand that it's a DSM.. they don't typically rev to 9-10K rpms... they'll blow up.... LMAO!!! :thumbsup :banana

ekstatixx
10-04-2005, 03:08 PM
9-10K??

what did you put a gixxer motor in that thing? lol you're killing me here

WilliamZ
10-04-2005, 04:54 PM

http://red4est.red4est.com/miata/piston040710/PICT2821N.jpg

Junky Giorgio
10-04-2005, 05:22 PM
hey idiots you have to understand that it's a DSM.. they don't typically rev to 9-10K rpms... they'll blow up.... LMAO!!! :thumbsup :banana
i know of a certain few dsm's that rev to 9500k, and they haven't blown up "yet".....

ekstatixx
10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
what that a 4g63 piston? i can barely tell its a piston anymore. wow, that must have popped nice.

RedGSX
10-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Why the hell would I rev to 9-10k On a stock block and stock head?!?!

Who said anything about rev'ing that high anyway?

RedGSX
10-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Date is set. Going to AMS thursday, 10/20 for my dyno tune on their new AWD dyno. Should be interesting to see what happens...hope all holds together. :headbang

WilliamZ
10-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Yessssss!!

RedGSX
10-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Well, not what I wanted, but have a couple things to check and fix. Exhaust mani cracked and some random leaks, just the typical DSM stuff to do.

But official wheel numbers are:
HP: 267.44
TQ: 251.45

(on AMS new AWD dyno) Will post sheet later...

STEALTHZR2
10-20-2005, 07:18 PM

COOL! :thumbsup

EvolvedRegal
10-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Date is set. Going to AMS thursday, 10/20 for my dyno tune on their new AWD dyno. Should be interesting to see what happens...hope all holds together. :headbang

AMS is where it's at. Just got done spending the weekend with them down at MOD 05 in Normal. For Bee who keeps blabing in this forum. All you need is a destroked 4g64 to a 2.1 and rev 10k+ all day, no problems. Stay in the honda threads.

Pantera99GS
10-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Well, not what I wanted, but have a couple things to check and fix. Exhaust mani cracked and some random leaks, just the typical DSM stuff to do.

Not bad numbers at all Mike!!! :headbang

micro_machine
10-26-2005, 06:05 PM
AMS is where it's at. Just got done spending the weekend with them down at MOD 05 in Normal. For Bee who keeps blabing in this forum. All you need is a destroked 4g64 to a 2.1 and rev 10k+ all day, no problems. Stay in the honda threads.

ok dude you really need to stay away from all the threads too(evolvedregal).. you go all around and say this say that like you know every thing omg one **** up guy telling bee to stay away from this thread hahaha.. You always bash on the honda threads, and what is up with you hating on bee dude he's a real cool guy. Your just one of them D i C k S who likes to talk s h i t. :flipoff2:

EvolvedRegal
10-27-2005, 10:39 PM
ok dude you really need to stay away from all the threads too(evolvedregal).. you go all around and say this say that like you know every thing omg one **** up guy telling bee to stay away from this thread hahaha.. You always bash on the honda threads, and what is up with you hating on bee dude he's a real cool guy. Your just one of them D i C k S who likes to talk s h i t. :flipoff2:

I give credit where it's due, and this just happens to be one of these threads. JunkGSX said what he did and gave an outcome from what he did, I commend him for trying to keep a thread of info, no junk, no pun intended.

So I'm not a fan of Bee, big deal get over it. If you want me to start bashing people Im more than happy to do it.

This is the internet not life. Once you realize that you'll move into a macro machine :flipoff2: right back at ya buddy.