PDA

View Full Version : Pinks tv show on speed channel

91-stang
09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Anyone watch this show. Its the best racing show on tv. People race for the others car. Maybe some people 9trash talkers) from bcm should settle there differences on the show? anyways if you haven't seen it yet you can watch clips on there web site pinks.tv

DirtyMax
09-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Would your feelings change if you knew it was all bullcrap and no cars actually change hands? :shades

Sorry to wreck your day. :goof

Yooformula
09-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Do they know this before they race? I read they can pay $50 to get their cars back after the psuedo race.

Prince Valiant
09-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Do they know this before they race? I read they can pay $50 to get their cars back after the psuedo race.
I'd like to meet the guy who wouldn't pay the 50 bucks to get it back :wooo

DirtyMax
09-28-2005, 11:28 PM

Yeah, this is indeed exactly the case. And they know this beforehand too... they have to sign like 8 bazillion pages of crap. Might be worse than buying a house. I believe they're supposed to be sworn to secrecy but it's amazing what you can find on the intarw3bs... :)

CruxGNZ
09-28-2005, 11:44 PM
The real story behind "Pinks" was posted here not to long ago. A simple search will find the information I bet.

!M!

DirtyMax
09-29-2005, 08:08 AM
The real story behind "Pinks" was posted here not to long ago. A simple search will find the information I bet.

!M!

Sho' Nuff...

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81440&postcount=6

deciuss
09-29-2005, 08:50 AM
i saw one last night i thought the show was dumb. it was some stock car with a 50 shot vs a gutted out car and a 250 shot.

Yooformula
09-29-2005, 09:49 AM
i saw one last night i thought the show was dumb. it was some stock car with a 50 shot vs a gutted out car and a 250 shot.

No way that Formula ONLY had a 50 shot and I seriously doubt it was stock. The lid alone was not stock, I'm sure that episode is all over Chitown racing by now.

deciuss
09-29-2005, 11:12 AM
i dont know any thing about domestics so i just asumed he was not bsing.

jbiscuit
09-29-2005, 11:13 AM
deciuss, go play with your gameboy

deciuss
09-29-2005, 12:12 PM
i dont own a gameboy they are dumb and a wast of time kinda like your ugly wagon

Syclone0044
09-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Would your feelings change if you knew it was all bullcrap and no cars actually change hands? :shades

Sorry to wreck your day. :goof Season 2 evidently will not be like that. http://www.pinks.tv/season2.php

Racers MUST put up their titles to be on the show. PINKS will control the titles and award them ON CAMERA to the winner at the end of the competition. Once the show is over, the owner of the titles can do whatever he wants - meaning: the winner on PINKS, by law, will own the loser's vehicle.

I think a lot of the problem with Season 1 is that the "Rich Christensen" guy who runs/hosts it, self-admittedly "doesn't know anything about cars" and said he "barely knows where to put the gas in". The guy seems in love with himself and I read up on his website :puke www.richChristensen.com :rolleyes: :rolleyes: about him.

Anyways, for Season 2 it sounds like they're making an effort to correct the things that were wrong with Season 1.

I watched it also last night by chance and as soon as I recognized a bunch of guys from the RSDs I started laughing. Including this one really funny looking kid with a crooked hat from the Chitown group that races a mustang and this guy tends to sit in front of me at almost every single RSD for the past 2 years. :goof But actually the episode was one of the best I've seen, they tried screwing the Chitown LS1 and Dustin tried standing up for himself but the host was being a real b1tch about it and trying to rush everyone instead of making a fair deal.

Cleveland Dave
09-29-2005, 12:39 PM
i dont own a gameboy they are dumb and a wast of time kinda like your ugly wagon

wasting time is turboing a 4 door auto civic and then going back to NA
wasting time is reading your posts there all worthless

adding deciuss to ignore list...

Pantera99GS
09-29-2005, 12:51 PM
i dont know any thing about domestics so i just asumed he was not bsing.

Then read and educate yourself.

deciuss
09-29-2005, 12:53 PM
adding deciuss to ignore list...

finaly now 2 of you will shut up just need jason to put me on ignore and jims gone just one more outa the 5 of you.

Cleveland Dave
09-29-2005, 01:03 PM
This message is hidden because deciuss is on your ignore list.

ahh so much nicer not having to read your bull sh!t go waste somebody elses time. fvck off deciuss!

deciuss
09-29-2005, 01:05 PM
gota love still getting you mad even when you cant read what i say.

jbiscuit
09-29-2005, 01:17 PM
gota love still getting you mad even when you cant read what i say.

pick-up chicken paint grass purple olive monkey stinky VTEC t-shirt garage

*reading the above post is much like reading one of deciuss' posts...it doesn't make any sense. Oh and my words are all spelled correctly

Yooformula
09-29-2005, 01:21 PM
But actually the episode was one of the best I've seen, they tried screwing the Chitown LS1 and Dustin tried standing up for himself but the host was being a real b1tch about it and trying to rush everyone instead of making a fair deal.

Agreed, they screwed him over bigtime IMO. He called for an all motor race that should automatically entail unhooking everything. A fwiw, since they are clocks off, spotting out and going off a flag, isnt that like a street race? Why the hell was he preaching about not street racing at his event? The show is about racing for pink slips but I'm sorry if I dont like the terms I aint racing. Sadly they pressured the race by threatening to use the rules of their contracts to lock in a race that was bound to lose.

deciuss
09-29-2005, 01:23 PM
ya i thought that was dumb when hes like if you dont hurry up i will pull out the clause and take both your cars.

btw yellow that was a funny post i laughed my ass off.

GrimreaperSS
09-29-2005, 07:05 PM
I only watch the show to see whats racing... I REALLY cant stand the host. :chair:
The other thing I dont like is this BS "spotting lengths" ****. Sorry, but the way I see it, its a run what you brung and PUT IT ON THE LINE, its not bracket racing. I dont my the negotiating about nitrous and stuff as much. I liked the last show with the pro-street nova and corvette. The guy with the nova was dead on about racing heads-up, and those three races were the best so far on that show, IMO. Atleast if your gonna lose, then you did it "face-to-face" in a way. Nobody can say, "well if I hadnt given him that extra car length or this or that." I'd have alot more respect for the guy racing me if he puts it on the line, rather than saying " I looked your car over and, why dont you give me a head start."

SlowStee
09-29-2005, 10:24 PM
No way that Formula ONLY had a 50 shot and I seriously doubt it was stock. The lid alone was not stock, I'm sure that episode is all over Chitown racing by now.
that was an LT1 with the 250 shot (eating the LS1) BTW :shades

Yooformula
09-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Sure about that? LS1 body style for sure.

SlowStee
09-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Sure about that? LS1 body style for sure.
it was an LT1 camaro with a LS1 front clip i believe :)

Syclone0044
09-30-2005, 12:07 PM
I only watch the show to see whats racing... I REALLY cant stand the host. :chair:
The other thing I dont like is this BS "spotting lengths" ****. Sorry, but the way I see it, its a run what you brung and PUT IT ON THE LINE, its not bracket racing. I dont my the negotiating about nitrous and stuff as much. I liked the last show with the pro-street nova and corvette. The guy with the nova was dead on about racing heads-up, and those three races were the best so far on that show, IMO. Atleast if your gonna lose, then you did it "face-to-face" in a way. Nobody can say, "well if I hadnt given him that extra car length or this or that." I'd have alot more respect for the guy racing me if he puts it on the line, rather than saying " I looked your car over and, why dont you give me a head start." I know what you're saying and I agree. The show with the Nova was good, and it was admirable the guy wouldn't take spots and wanted to race heads up against that dark green 632cid Corvette.

But on the flip side - that's just how street racing works. Not everyone has a 7 second car so if it weren't for spots/hits, there would be no point in racing unless you had the fastest car. It's all about the hustle and trying to negotiate a deal the most in your favor possible. It would be nice if every competition was a completely well matched set of machines but not only would that be unlikely to find, but boring to watch?

Crawlin
09-30-2005, 12:13 PM
that was an LT1 with the 250 shot (eating the LS1) BTW :shades

Well... to use YOUR logic about Irish's car....

It sure does take 150EXTRA shot of n2o from a 500lb LESS weight LT1 car to take out that LS1. And the LS1, minus the small stuff and the hidden kit IS stock engine. It's a friend of mine from the MFBA. It was NOT Dustin's car.

So again, using your logic, it's JUNK :)

SlowStee
09-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Well... to use YOUR logic about Irish's car....

It sure does take 150EXTRA shot of n2o from a 500lb LESS weight LT1 car to take out that LS1. And the LS1, minus the small stuff and the hidden kit IS stock engine. It's a friend of mine from the MFBA. It was NOT Dustin's car.

So again, using your logic, it's JUNK :)
Do I need to mention how many spots the LS1 needed (and got) and STILL got its ass kicked??

These arent my cars, obviously it wasnt a fair match...Im just stating what happened :)

Crawlin
09-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Do I need to mention how many spots the LS1 needed (and got) and STILL got its ass kicked??

These arent my cars, obviously it wasnt a fair match...Im just stating what happened :)

and Irish beat you.... that's what happened :)

how about i give you 2 car lengths. i'd still **** you up. just means your cars junk too :)

SlowStee
09-30-2005, 04:38 PM
and Irish beat you.... that's what happened :)

how about i give you 2 car lengths. i'd still **** you up. just means your cars junk too :)
Should we start talking about how much money is dumped into your car compared to mine?

Do you really wanna turn this thread into this?

Crawlin
09-30-2005, 04:46 PM
yes i do :)

but then again, it's not about money, it's about horsepower. i'm just trying to show you how your theory about Irish's car is the same thing you were making fun of the LT1 car beating the LS1 car. two completely different vehicles yet you were trying to put them into the "same" category :)

technially, Irish's car has LESS $ total investment than yours too :)

it's all just for fun.

SlowStee
09-30-2005, 11:13 PM
yes i do :)

but then again, it's not about money, it's about horsepower. i'm just trying to show you how your theory about Irish's car is the same thing you were making fun of the LT1 car beating the LS1 car. two completely different vehicles yet you were trying to put them into the "same" category :)

technially, Irish's car has LESS $ total investment than yours too :)

it's all just for fun.
im under 6 grand how about him ? :)

Yooformula
10-01-2005, 11:14 AM
im under 6 grand how about him ? :)

Knock it off already....keep on topic or its gets locked :fire Take yer personal beef to PM or start another thread in the Heated Discussion forum. PLEASE :banana

GrimreaperSS
10-01-2005, 11:10 PM
I get what you are saying Syclone, but it still just doesnt do it for me.
I'll honestly say I have never been in a street race. But, if I was, and I was driving a frickin metro, I would still put it on the line next to a viper or whatever. To me, if you want to race, you think you have something that can beat my car (or your just looking to have some fun, even though you know your gonna get spanked), then it starts at the line. NOT, give me a 1/4 mile spot and I can beat you to the next light. Just very irratating to me! :fire

GrimreaperSS
10-01-2005, 11:23 PM
I was trying to edit this into the last post, but got some 5 minute rule thing.

I also have to disagree with the evenly matched machined thing. I think it makes for a much BETTER race. I think it makes people shut -up more about how much better your car is than mine. It puts the race in the hands of the drivers, which one knows how to drive there car. I would much rather watch a race between the two matched cars because you know its gonna be close
at the end. It would be extremely boring for me to watch a race where I know a 632cid Pro-street Corvette is gonna kill a Pinto! :yawn: That kind of race might be good for a laugh, but thats about all.