PDA

View Full Version : question about titling a car

SlowStee
09-28-2005, 04:23 PM
does anyone know the lowest $ amount I can put down?? The cars title is being changed from Joint to just one persons name...So whats the lowest Dollar amount I can put down So I dont get charged too much money... :confused

ITs basically like the car was just given to me..:D

Crawlin
09-28-2005, 04:39 PM
for a joint, you can do $1 from what i understand. if it's like your name and a parents and it's going to just you, i think you may even be able to do ZERO and just pay for the title swap aspect

JohnnyT
09-28-2005, 04:49 PM
If your name is already on the title and you are just taking the other person's name off, you are not selling it. Therefor, there is no selling cost. Like Chris said above, you will just have to pay the title fee.

SlowStee
09-28-2005, 04:55 PM
SWEET...I was hoping I could put down $0...

But then I kept reading the part where it said

Warning: It is a crime to understate the purchase price

Thanks a lot guys :thumbsup

Crawlin
09-28-2005, 05:28 PM
under that they should write...

"but if you bought it from a private party we really have no clue as to what it was sold for"

i think that's like speeding, EVERYONE doesn't tell the truth on it

Rocket Power
09-28-2005, 05:33 PM
I have heard they have called sellers after a car was titled with a VERY low price to check on it.

Nix
09-28-2005, 05:44 PM
I have heard they have called sellers after a car was titled with a VERY low price to check on it.

They have it happened to one of my older brothers. But as long as both seller and buyer agree on a specific price for the car and remember it or have it written down somewhere. If they get called and both parties say the same price there isnt squat anyone can do about it.

ThatWhiteCivic
09-29-2005, 12:21 PM
they sent a letter to my brother about that on one of his cars it was a 98 model and he put down $200 becasue he traded some guy stright up for cars. They just asked why the buying price was so low and he just said they traded and they didn't give him **** about it again.

SlowStee
09-29-2005, 10:31 PM
So If i put $0 down Ill be cool?

Corvette Jabo
09-30-2005, 06:52 AM

I had a letter sent to me in the mail on a sale that I made.

Jabo