PDA

View Full Version : Start new job today

Heat Seeker WS6
09-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Most people don't associate the terms "High end" or "Custom" when it comes to Best Buy, but they've been working hard to get in that area in the Home Theater area. They have been very successful on the west and east coasts for over a year now developing it and are now getting it started in the Midwest. I'll be working out of the Store on Bluemound in Brookfield as an installer and supporting the sales staff with what they'll need to know. So, I'll be in & out of the store depending whats going on. There's no public advertising of the new dept yet, but eventually we'll have the same exposure as the 'Geek Squad'.

Crawlin
09-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Congrats!!!!! New jobs starting today jinx!!

Junky Giorgio
09-26-2005, 01:07 PM
good luck both of you with the new jobs...! :wooo

Heat Seeker WS6
09-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Oh -yea- if anyone needs 'round sound, let me know

Neal Steffek
09-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Most people don't associate the terms "High end" or "Custom" when it comes to Best Buy, but they've been working hard to get in that area in the Home Theater area. They have been very successful on the west and east coasts for over a year now developing it and are now getting it started in the Midwest. I'll be working out of the Store on Bluemound in Brookfield as an installer and supporting the sales staff with what they'll need to know. So, I'll be in & out of the store depending whats going on. There's no public advertising of the new dept yet, but eventually we'll have the same exposure as the 'Geek Squad'.

must feel like 15 years ago eh? :)

jbiscuit
09-26-2005, 01:21 PM
I started a new job 3 weeks ago...must be that time of year... :)

wikked
09-26-2005, 01:39 PM
<snip>
but eventually we'll have the same exposure as the 'Geek Squad'.

Soooo... next to zero advertising with rape-like pricing then? :rolf

Silver350
09-26-2005, 01:44 PM
I am currently looking for something new. Congrats on the new job John.

Flight_740
09-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Damn, I just bought an Onkyo set up.

T-Bag
09-26-2005, 01:53 PM
congrats john...now I know you're not in that department, but if you can manager to make an in-dash DVD player fall off the truck....haha just playing. Good luck!

Heat Seeker WS6
09-26-2005, 04:07 PM
must feel like 15 years ago eh?
damn those were the days Neal I wonder what Phil is up to?

nismodave
09-26-2005, 05:52 PM
I already have my KOSS SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM.

Car Guy
09-26-2005, 07:17 PM

Congrats on the new gig, how knowledgeable are you with home theater systems.....?

MoreTorque
09-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Have fun as an installer. I am the Home Theater Senior at the Delafield Best Buy. I spent 2 years at the Brookfield store.

The in home consultation is by far the greatest tool.

Over the past few months, our installs have gotten insanely popular. Russ, Tim, and Jason are the good guys.

With your background, I am confident you will do great!

Let me know if you have questions regarding anything. I've been in Best Buy land for a good amount of time :)

Heat Seeker WS6
09-27-2005, 01:01 AM
Car Guy- I'm pretty good...try me
I know how to read blueprints & do walk throughs on new construction and existing homes and decide what will & not work for both audio & video equipment.
Can do a full system design & layout w/ head end, run wires and equipment hookup.
I also can program any of the Philips Pronto (fancy touchscreen) or Home Theater Master remotes.
Also have done custom sales, crapload of troubleshooting and customer ed.
Used to work at Flanners, ABT Electronics in Chicago and in a past life worked as a service tech at 2 Best Buy service centers fixing stuff.

Thanks Tourqe, I'm with Jason Coop out of #44 starting Wed

Hey Flanners- torpedo coming your way!

MoreTorque
09-27-2005, 07:28 AM
You will be programming a lot of the Logitech Harmony (659, 676, and 880) remotes now. Very cool remotes and somewhat easy to program.