PDA

View Full Version : Anyone paint cars on the side?

91-stang
09-25-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm looking to have my 91 gt mustang painted. I messed up on some painting so now I just want to get the whole car done so it all matches. I'f I can't find someone I will probably take it to macco for a 200 jober. Or does anyone know of a school that needs a project car to paint up . I'f you can't tell I don't have alot of money to spend and its not a show car. Any serious suggestions?

Cryptic
09-25-2005, 06:57 PM
200 bucks aint gonna get you much. Materials alone are going to cost more.

91-stang
09-25-2005, 07:04 PM
ya but macco advertises a paint job for 200

Car Guy
09-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Honestly if you blindfold yourself and shoot the car with some cheap spray paint it will turn out better than Maaco. I had one car done there and they painted over the dealer sticker, the ford emblems, and the chrome contour emblem. That was the first and last time, they offered to redo it but I was afraid I was going to end up with blue tinted windows so I went the spray can route and it looked twice as good......

loud91rs
09-25-2005, 08:35 PM
on top of the fact that they can't paint worth a crap, the $200 paintjobs don't have catalyst in the paint and it will fade very quickly...trying to do the job yourself ie. going to u spray or using a rattle can will be less costly and better looking...othewise save up some good money because Tim, "lotsals1" does beautiful work.

A B4C Z
09-25-2005, 08:39 PM
**** i got a can of krylon bring it over.

98whitegpgt
09-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Theres a guy at my work (does real estate sales part time) whos full time job is painting and repair for rental car company's. He basicly is a independant contractor who works out of his 10ft enclosed trailer. He has a protable paint booth. If you are interested pm me your # and ill talk to him and have him give u a call if hes interested in doing it.

91-stang
09-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the advive I'll stay clear of macco. Thanks 98whitegpgt I'm going to try it my self but might still be interested I'll pm you if I am thanks again

pOrk
09-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Theres a guy at my work (does real estate sales part time) whos full time job is painting and repair for rental car company's. He basicly is a independant contractor who works out of his 10ft enclosed trailer. He has a protable paint booth. If you are interested pm me your # and ill talk to him and have him give u a call if hes interested in doing it.

That is a bumper gypsie, they do horrible work.

I know a girl that can paint it, goes by the name of Solaris Spectrum :rolf

Car Guy
09-26-2005, 11:08 PM
That is a bumper gypsie, they do horrible work.

I know a girl that can paint it, goes by the name of Solaris Spectrum :rolf

That name sounds familiar.....???