PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a use for some slabs of granite?

CruxGNZ
09-23-2005, 05:03 PM
I bought these leftover pieces wanting to make a coffee table and a few nightstands to sell, but my plate is just way to full at the moment. I need to get my GNZ on the road before I do anymore projects.

The slabs are 3/4" thick black and brown granite. Piece on the left is 29 1/2" X 38" with 3 chamfered and polished edges (cool, I just noticed I can see the reflection of the front end of my Datsun in that slab!) the other two pieces are cut at a 45 degree angle and are five foot long to the toe with a rounded finished edge that's 1 1/2" thick.

If someone doesn't pick the granite up this weekend, I may be forced to throw it in the dumpster, because I just don't have room for it anymore. I spent $30 in gas getting them (hint, hint).

For you guys out there that like little projects or want to spruce up your home in one way or another, well here you go. I'll be kicking myself in the ass for getting rid of this exspensive rock later on, but I need to get rid of it. Those 2 pieces cut at a 45 would make a nice counter top for a little bar :thumbsup

Even though black granite is the hardest color to cut, I just used a 7" dia. diamond blade in my circular saw and used a garden hose to keep it cool, and it cut surprisingly well! Not hard at all, just keep the piece supported and you won't have any problems.

Give me a call if you would like one piece or all three. 414-975-7168 my name is Mat
http://digistash.com/data/1a04f965818a8533f5613003c7db243d/3411_p91762.jpeg

(I didn't want to clutter up the classifieds with this, because most of the posts in the classifieds are car/truck related)

!M!

y2kws6
09-23-2005, 07:03 PM
I should be able to take them all for $30. Where is pick up and when?

Dan
414-305-6530

CruxGNZ
09-23-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm free tommorow afternoon and possibly Sunday. I'll call you tommorow about 12:30 pm. The heavy ass rock is located in Brookfield near the intersection of Calhoun and Greenfield. If you don't have a vehicle to haul them away in, I may be able to help you out, it just depends on where the granite needs to go.

!M!

y2kws6
09-24-2005, 10:24 AM
I have my Avalanche, but will be at a birthday party until this afternoon sometime. If you get a message on my phone leave a call back number and I will call you back.

Dan

Al
09-24-2005, 10:27 AM
How much does the little piece weigh? It would make a good level surface for working on.

CruxGNZ
09-26-2005, 05:40 PM
The granite is now gone, Dan picked up all three pieces on Sunday. Thanks Dan! :thumbsup

Mods, you can delete this thread if you like.

!M!