PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the JetBlue pilot!

Yooformula
09-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Not only for bringing in the plane safe but damm straight on the white line too! Most of the passengers said that the landing was smooth. The pilot made people move to the back then feathered the nose keeping it off the ground as long as possible. :headbang Nice job!

I believe thats the 8th plane incident in the last 3 months now world wide.

Cleveland Dave
09-21-2005, 10:31 PM
i think the media blew that way overboard. from the sounds of that other pilot that was in the same situation it didnt sound so bad and they didnt even know it was sideways until they touched down. i do give props to the pilot...
however i just think there was way too much scare over nothing that big.

Yooformula
09-21-2005, 10:36 PM
They had no idea what was wrong except that the landing gear was stuck. I think its worse not knowing what your dealing with, any wrong move could make the situations worse. Pilots always get the wrap when they go wrong but no kudos when they make the correct descisions.

ThatWhiteCivic
09-22-2005, 12:53 AM
that was some crazy ish when I was watching it live with the huge flames shooting from the wheel

DocDave
09-22-2005, 09:46 AM
I hope Jet Blue gives that guy a good raise and his choice of flights from now on. Some people are saying it was pretty routine. But when you have that many lives in your hands nothing is routine. To park the plane smoothly in the dead center of the runway with a flagpole for a front landing gear; that's pretty amazing in my book. :wooo

jbiscuit
09-22-2005, 09:47 AM
nah....I'm not impressed. Now if he was blindfolded.... :rolf

nismodave
09-22-2005, 11:02 PM
He did an amazing job..... :thumbsup