PDA

View Full Version : holy effing storm

wikked
09-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Avoid Pilgrim rd. if you can...it's a focking obstacle course... from just Appleton to Good Hope I encountered:
- HUGE tree down in right lane
- Innertube rolling across road
- Garbage can rolling across road
- Recycle bin sitting in middle of road
- Lots of branches tumbling across road

I opened my pass. window to take a pic of the tree in the road, it was like that old Maxell commercial where that guy is in the chair and they turn the music up and his hair/face is blown back at g-force speeds lol F5

Here's the lg. tree:
http://www.wikked.com/images/mandown.jpg

SLONOMA
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
there was a tree down just about blocking the whole road out by me in hartland, and tons of other stuff sitting in the road.

Cryptic
09-13-2005, 06:30 PM
I just posted a thread about a tree landing in my garden..

took out 2 tomatoe plants and one brocoli :crying

2kgtp
09-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Storm took out my TV, and 1 of my nice speakers! :fire :fire :fire

SLOWC5
09-13-2005, 07:32 PM
my dads friend was in his CTS-V when a wind gust, uprooted a tree and dropped it right on the roof of the car. He's hoping the cars totalled but you never know theses days.

JEFF

USMARINE1108
09-13-2005, 08:07 PM
<kicks back> Glad all I have to worry about is hurricanes!

I hear that there are a lot of power outages up there, too. Glad to hear that no one got hurt, too.

Car Guy
09-13-2005, 08:09 PM
I just posted a thread about a tree landing in my garden..

took out 2 tomatoe plants and one broccoli: crying

Not the broccoli plants!!!, I love broccoli........

wikked
09-13-2005, 09:04 PM
[x]

Al
09-13-2005, 11:45 PM
I was delivering pizzas when it happened:

My second delivery was to the Jewish Comunit Center on Santa Monica Blvd in Glendale. As I got there, there were about 10 people outside looking at the approaching storm. One lady pointed to an ominous looking low cloud which she thought was a tornado. I said that it wasn't a tornado because it wasn't spinning.

I then said it was an outflow boundary and it signified that there were some very strong down-drafts in the storm. When the downdraft hits the ground, it can only go outwards from the storm center.

I finished saying that as the clouds passed overhead. A second or two later, a 40 mph wind picked up.

The wind did some minor damage such as downing a few trees and lots of branches. Also, a good portion of River Hills and Brown Deer lost power.

Syclone0044
09-14-2005, 12:13 AM
http://www.blogography.com/photos4/Stewie.gif
Jeff, the remote linked image was booby trapped. To everyone else it's showing up saying you were "pawned" or something :confused not quite sure what the fûck that means.. http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/dunno.gif[/sarcasm]

SlowStee
09-14-2005, 12:14 AM
power went out in Elm Grove at UPS at 7:00...we manually loaded trailers all night...got out at midnight..was insane...im so ******* dead right now power is still not on as of now at UPS

animal
09-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Power went out at 6:11 in menomonee falls. My battery backups at work went down about a half hour later. When it came back on at 10:10 or so, I had to go back in to work and get it all back up and running for the start of 3rd shift.

Me tired... i had just gotten out of the pool after swimming about 3 miles and had to go in to work.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

chargedformula
09-14-2005, 12:36 AM
i also work at ups. i got out at midnight too. they had everyone forming chains and carrying boxes from one truck to another...in the rain.

Silver350
09-14-2005, 07:02 AM
I was at Coach house bar and Grill, getting ready to play softball. Well we all had to go inside and wait for it to pass. Chairs were flying across the place, and signs on the fence blew off the fence and flew a good 100yds. The net protecting the storage units in back of the field blew half way off the post, and the huge lights were bending and twisting we thought for sure they were coming down.

PonyKiller87
09-14-2005, 08:14 AM
In Tosa the power has been off since about 6:00 yesterday when the storm hit.

I had just pulled into the speedway on 92 and burleigh to get gas when the storm hit, power went out and the pumps shut down. Luckily I didnt start pumping yet. But it did suck to have to go to another place when I was already right by my house.

Hopefully our power will be back on by the time I get home today, I really dont feel like walking around the house with a flash light all night again.

mongoose
09-14-2005, 08:26 AM
Our power went out at 6:02 on Lilly & North. As of 5:45 this morning, it was still out.

GRNDNL
09-14-2005, 08:34 AM
I've got 2 trees down in the driveway and power lines all over the place....Looks like I'll be with out power for the next day or so..... :woo:

SlowStee
09-14-2005, 11:57 AM
i also work at ups. i got out at midnight too. they had everyone forming chains and carrying boxes from one truck to another...in the rain.
It was an insane night man!

nismodave
09-14-2005, 09:14 PM
I was just told by my boss that our company has been hired to replace 1000 service heads in the Milw. area.

I get to get up @ 4 tommorow. :chair: