PDA

View Full Version : My new toy!!

Memphis
09-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Well, seems as though I've rejoined the g-body owners club yet again. :wooo Its an 87 and its got about 5k on the motor. Lots of nice upgrades but needs ALOT of detail to attention and detailing. Picked it up yesterday in Tennessee from the owner who drove it there from Florida. It rides really nice, LOTS of potential in this car both power and appearance wise. Had it at Solid Gold today, was parked in Sportmarts lot. Now all I gotta do is learn about turbos!! :thumbsup

Rocket Power
09-11-2005, 07:11 PM
SWEET !!! :thumbsup
Welcome back to the G-body club. :headbang
I musta missed you somehow.
I got there late though.

PB86MCSS
09-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Very nice. I like the GNX fender vents....is it just me or has the price for the turbo cars kind of leveled off in the last couple years? Then again I haven't been paying tons of attention to them, but I would like to have a 86-87 to play with someday, or at least the drivetrain :goof .

*edit, not flares....duh. I'll use the term vents for now ;).

Memphis
09-11-2005, 08:08 PM
I sat by beckys Camaro till after the awards, probably 3:30ish or so. My car was across the street.

I kinda like the GNX louvers. Not sure if I would have added them if it was not already on it, but they look kinda cool. I have stock GN wheels and am rounding up other misc parts and pieces that I want back to stock and/or need to be replaced or repaired.

Prices kinda leveled off, but they havent come down any. They leveled off low to mid teens for something decent and clean it seems. Now this one on the other hand.... :D

PB86MCSS
09-11-2005, 11:36 PM
I was under the impression a very good clean one could be had for 8-10k...maybe not a 50k miler type but a rust free well cared for one. I thought I remember seeing the prices of LS1 cars affecting that, since you can get into those for a relatively low number it seems.

SSScottSS
09-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Looks very nice Memphis. I wouldn't mind one of those in my garage either. What's up with the blacked out front turn signals? Another "mod" the previous owner did?

BTW... Like the wheels on my SS? :D

GRNDNL
09-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Now all I gotta do is learn about turbos!! :thumbsup

Nice Car..... :thumbsup

All you have to know about Turbos is they will suck all the money out of your pockets..... :stare

Memphis
09-12-2005, 03:45 PM
LOL, thanks for the advise. Luckily I wont need to drive it every day, so maybe I can take it easy...yeah right!! :goof

Memphis
09-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Looks very nice Memphis. I wouldn't mind one of those in my garage either. What's up with the blacked out front turn signals? Another "mod" the previous owner did?

BTW... Like the wheels on my SS? :D

Yeah, previous mod...one I will soon be changing to the correct ones...as soon as I find them that is!

Yeah, nice looking wheels! :thumbsup

b4mytm
09-12-2005, 10:28 PM
He even let me drive it tonight. :thumbsup

Cryptic
09-13-2005, 09:05 AM
niiiiiiiiice

GTSLOW
09-14-2005, 04:54 AM
Saweet car!!! :thumbsup

Memphis
09-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Thanks to everyone, I really like the car! The other night the wife was following me home and she was in the GN, she kept falling back so I kept waiting to see. I figured maybe the car was acting up. Find out when we got home, she was just laying back to get a good run out of the car and I kept messing her up!! :chair: Well, she ended up getting the chance to try it out, and she too likes the car!! :thumbsup

b4mytm
09-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks to everyone, I really like the car! The other night the wife was following me home and she was in the GN, she kept falling back so I kept waiting to see. I figured maybe the car was acting up. Find out when we got home, she was just laying back to get a good run out of the car and I kept messing her up!! :chair: Well, she ended up getting the chance to try it out, and she too likes the car!! :thumbsup

I only got it a little sideways ;)

TransAm12sec
10-13-2005, 05:12 AM
Nice find. How many miles are on the chassis?

Memphis
10-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Its got about 125k on the body.

TransAm12sec
10-13-2005, 03:03 PM
My dads 87 SS has 187 on the chassis. Almost every panel on that car has been replaced due to accidents. The floor pans had to be custom made, and the frame around body mounts rusted out, so the areas around the frame had to be replaced.

Memphis
10-13-2005, 09:40 PM
This is a southern car...no rust underneath it.

STEALTHZR2
10-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Sweet Ride!