PDA

View Full Version : Dont forget..

Yooformula
09-11-2005, 10:48 AM
With the natural disaster that took place last week, dont forget those that died 4 years ago Sept. 11th. They had no warning, had nowhere to go, and yet thousands died too in this act of aggression on our soil. :(

Cryptic
09-11-2005, 10:51 AM
jeez.... I didn't even realize today was 9-11 :chair:

Rocket Power
09-11-2005, 11:24 AM
We were just talking at work Friday about what we were doing that day. I still remember what car I was working on at work.

Nix
09-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Its crazy, I still remember where and what I was doing when it happened. I was at work and I could go back to the exact same spot I was standing when I herd about it on the radio. My gooodness, may god have mercey on the souls of those pieces of sh!t that did those things to our nation. :flipoff2:

TransAm12sec
09-11-2005, 02:52 PM
I remember being in school, and my Spanish teacher says,

"ok does everyone know what happened?"

Class- "no"

"Two planes have crashed into the twin towers in New York, there's a plane circling around the white house, etc."

"ok, now you know that, it's Spanish time"

The way she described it, at first it didn't seem that important.

Cryptic
09-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I pulled 2 shifts (2nd and 3rd) my mom tried to wake me. I was practically in a coma.

pOrk
09-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Just got back from Cruise Controls Annual 9/11 Memorial Cruise, pretty fun.

Kinda depressing thinking about all of those people though :(

Al
09-12-2005, 12:58 AM
I was supposed to be in court at 9 am, but I had been thinking that it was on thursday the 13th.

Finishing up on the third shift that morning, I went to McDonalds for some food. I got home to find some people ready to sealcoat the driveway (I later worked for that same company). I went in, saw what was going on in nyc and invited the people in to see.

ponyride00
09-12-2005, 03:43 AM
I ended up watching "The flight that fought back" tonight on Discovery. Very interesting and emotional.

Scales
09-12-2005, 04:10 AM
I just got done watching that myself. It was a really good tribute to the poeple and familys of flight 93 that paid the ultimate price to save lives!

Teufelhunden
09-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I ended up watching "The flight that fought back" tonight on Discovery. Very interesting and emotional.I had a hard time watching. I couldn't believe the family members kept their cool while recalling the last moments talking to their loved ones.

I was listening to Bob and Brian at work when I heard the news that morning. I jumped up and ran to turn on the TV...saw the second plane hit. Thats when the shock hit me. In a few moments I realized what had just happened, and wished I had never got out of the Marines. I emailed all my buddies still in and asked them to double tap a few terrorist fvcks for me. Like many others I felt so helpless and angry. I wanted justice and still do....he's out there somewhere. :flipoff2:

Teufelhunden
09-13-2005, 05:27 PM
My desktop this week at work:

USMARINE1108
09-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I had a hard time watching. I couldn't believe the family members kept their cool while recalling the last moments talking to their loved ones.

I had a hard time watching that, also. It made me think long and hard about how that changed my life. The unscheduled 6 month deployment that came shortly after 9/11 caused not only my divorce, but my friends and family to worry like crazy. That's something I never want to go through with my kids someday. But would I do it again? In a fu****g heartbeat.

Jeff
09-13-2005, 07:06 PM
I joined up for the USAF just after that, I was waiting to swear in and all just before it happened, but after that happened there was nothing that could keep me away from joining. But joining the military also cause a relationship to go bad, I was months away from marriage, but like you said would I do it again and my response would have to be the same in a F***ING heartbeat :headbang

Teufelhunden
09-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Because I can: