PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find a shift kit...

T-Bag
09-10-2005, 12:35 PM
I absolutely hate the shifts of my blazer, especially when towing, and am looking for something to firm the shifts up, but I can't seem to find ANYTHING for a 2002 blazer. Anything 2001 and below you can get from B&M, but absolutely nothing for my year.

Even the B&M electronic shift plus is only meant for blazers up to 1998...but they all use the 4L60E, what the sh!t? Look at http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id=products&sid=3&cat=15 , #70380. I have a trans code of M30, but yet every source I go to says it's only meant for up to 1998 4L60E.

Does anyone have any experience with those hypertech programmers? Do they actually do what they say or is it a complete ripoff? They claim that, amongst messing with ignitiont timing, air/fuel/ etc. that you can improve shift firmness. I don't feel like dumping almost $400 on one of these chodes, even if it is the only option, unless it does something drastic.

Oh yeah, it's a 2002 2 door, with the floor shifter.

BLUTO
09-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Just call Trans-Go-they have a 1-800 tech line. Tell them what you want and they will tell you what kit.
A programmer ups the pump pressure to firm/speed up shifts-bad for pump.

I have a trans-go in everything,good stuff.

T-Bag
09-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Looks like they make a nice kit for mine. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup

I don't see their 800 # anywhere though :confused , just a standarard number. Oh well, I'll call them on monday.

T-Bag
09-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Nevermind...looks like I have to mess with the torque management settings in the ECU after install of the transgo kit, which means I need a programmer. Screw that, I'm not paying over $500 to have this done...f'n new cars.

Max 93
09-10-2005, 03:51 PM
instead of a programer, try pcmforless. they are cheaper and will get better results.

BAD LS1
09-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Any 4L60E shift kit will work. or B&M shift plus that plugs into two computer wires works ok too....

The hyperjunks and stuff dont do **** for firm shifts IMHO. I had a transgo kit in the colorado and thing would break traction on the 1-2 at WOT on certain pavments...

T-Bag
09-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Any 4L60E shift kit will work. or B&M shift plus that plugs into two computer wires works ok too....

The hyperjunks and stuff dont do **** for firm shifts IMHO. I had a transgo kit in the colorado and thing would break traction on the 1-2 at WOT on certain pavments...

What's this disclaimer on their website then? "NOTE: Computer strategy change may be required before kit installation on 98 and later vehicles."

Then when I read on other websites...they talk about the torque management settings may need to be adjusted, whatever the **** that means. Do colorado's have the 4L60E?

T-Bag
09-11-2005, 11:56 AM
instead of a programer, try pcmforless. they are cheaper and will get better results.

I don't have time for downtime to send my PCM in. This is my daily driver.

Oh here's an example of that torque management deal http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/4L60E_HD2_Perfomance_Reprogramming_Kit_p/500-035935hd2.htm

Tom, what level was yours? Heavy Duty, street/strip, full comp, or full race?

Also just found out this thing has the 8.5 rear with 3.42's with a locking rear diff. RPO code GU6 and G80. Disc brakes are also my friend :)

Max 93
09-11-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't have time for downtime to send my PCM in. This is my daily driver.

They can send you a programed PCM and you just send them your old one so there is no down time.

SlowStee
09-11-2005, 04:41 PM
4-5 downtime isnt too bad either

T-Bag
09-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Yeah...I'm still thinking about it. I guess you don't need to get rid of torque management, it just helps a lot with shifts under WOT, and this thing sees WOT maybe once a month.

BAD LS1
09-11-2005, 06:18 PM
i had the steet/strip kit, and yes the colorado's use the 4l60e.

My truck didnt really start having torque managment issues until i added the converter to the mix too. but with only 1 washer in the 1-2 accumulator it hit nice, and the 3/4 servo spring upgrades and bigger boost valve and drilling out holes bigger in the valve body spacer plate etc... all made a big diff in shift performance.

instant down shifts and each shift was firmed up and could feel every shift, torque managment never stepped in at that point.

T-Bag
09-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Looks like I'll be ordering the transgo kit pretty soon