PDA

View Full Version : Sept 8th RSD Recap - 9 second Turbo Regal, fast turbo GTP

Syclone0044
09-09-2005, 12:07 PM
I went last night and it ended up not raining at all. The turnout was very low. It picked up towards the end like a crescendo. Highlights include:

Dark Gray Turbo Regals: I thought this was the same car but there is actually two. Both have obnoxiously buzzy V6 cams that sound like imports. Anyways, there is a Gray one with Illinois plates that is usually at RSD and looks like it runs mid-low 11s. Then towards the end I saw the car again but it seemed like it added wheelie bars and a parachute and was at least a second faster??? The cars looked and sounded almost identical; before I realized they are 2 different cars. Anyhow the one with the chute ran and :stare it was fast!!! Surely a solid 9 second car. It ran with the big dogs for $1350. They ran the race down to the last seconds!! (11:59 PM). Finally they got the race off against a Nitrous LS1 "Gus" who got 10 spots and the hit. The Turbo V6 spooled up at the line, the LS1 pulled the wheels, and what do you think happened?? I would have put my money on Gus but the Turbo Regal actually passed him at the end and took the win! It was a pretty damn good race.

I have never seen a local Turbo Regal run like this one, and it was certainly still a Turbo V6. Anyone know what it is or what it runs? I didn't see the plates. Is this the super clean one with the WI plates "EIGHTS" that was in GM High Tech Performance? I'm thinking no, but that's the only one I know in the area that's this fast.

Sea Green Jeep: There was a Procharged seafoam green Jeep there that was fast as **** and I have never seen something like this. An honest to god, high off the ground, Jeep. It looked like solid 9s. It left the line like a loaded steam locomotive!!

Red Grand Prix GTP Turbo: As obnoxious as this "nitrous" guy is online , I have to admit the car was really there and I saw the turbo under the hood and I saw it run and it was actually quite fast. :thumbsup It wasn't that loud and didn't spin the tires that much, it just kind of hooked and went. I wish I knew what it ran but it looked like solid 11s to me. Maybe mid 11s @ 120-125 if I had to wager? :confused It ran really strong (and smoothly). I really didn't think this car was going to run as fast as it did, but there you have it.

Crawlin
09-09-2005, 02:07 PM
GN was from the Southside of IL

definitely not a WI car

JohnnyT
09-09-2005, 02:14 PM
GN was from the Southside of IL

definitely not a WI car

What??? It wasn't Gino's??? :goof

Syclone0044
09-09-2005, 02:43 PM
What??? It wasn't Gino's??? :goof Hell hasn't frozen over yet :D

GRNDNL
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Ginos car running......now thats funny....... :rolf :goof

GRNDNL
09-09-2005, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=Syclone0044] I didn't see the plates. Is this the super clean one with the WI plates "EIGHTS" that was in GM High Tech Performance? I'm thinking no, but that's the only one I know in the area that's this fast.
QUOTE]

I heard Jim L. sold it at/after the Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags.....Don't know where it went to..... :confused

nismodave
09-09-2005, 07:33 PM
So I assume the "BIG" race never happened?? :confused

Syclone0044
09-09-2005, 08:04 PM
So I assume the "BIG" race never happened?? :confusedMarko Vs TuffEnuff = Sat., Sept 24th. Tuff got a new motor and wasn't ready this week.

DoubleAron
09-09-2005, 09:17 PM
The green jeep is the guy who owns Sticker Dude designs and I can't think of his name right now. He does race in some NMCA races, I think it goes like 9.50-60 range.

Brian98GTP
09-12-2005, 05:24 PM
'Nitrous' in the Turbo GTP had a best run of 12.3 @ 120ish that night....

He went back to the track Sunday the 11th, and pulled a 11.9 @ 120 ..

nitrous
09-12-2005, 07:25 PM
I guess I have to start running clocks off

Brian98GTP
09-12-2005, 09:16 PM
I guess I have to start running clocks off

Mad that I posted your times? Or was that a joke....

Its posted on at least 2 other boards, so I dont see any harm... :thumbsup

TuffEnuff
09-12-2005, 11:45 PM
That race with the GN and the camaro ROCKED!!! :headbang

nitrous
09-13-2005, 12:10 AM
It was sarcasm Brian since most people know my starting times by now. :crying