PDA

View Full Version : Project G-Wagon

Burgandy85SS
09-07-2005, 12:28 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-Oldsmobile-Cutlass-Wagon-RUST-FREE_W0QQitemZ4573639983QQcategoryZ39405QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rocket Power
09-07-2005, 01:46 AM
LOL. I just saw that one a few hours ago. Still deciding if I want it. The whole "was stolen, but can get new title for $100" thing kinda bugs me. I sent him an email asking how long it was going to take to get a new title.

Pretty much exactly what I am looking for ( other than the title thing) Might have to part with the 8.5" from my 86 442 to finance it. :stare
Anyone need a new rearend? :goof

PB86MCSS
09-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Wow, if its in fact clean as it appears and sounds, its a steal(no pun intended). Seems fishy about missing a title, was it left in the car when stolen? If not then there isn't a reason why the rightful owner wouldn't have it. Seems odd but I doubt its hot ;).

Rocket Power
09-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Wow, if its in fact clean as it appears and sounds, its a steal(no pun intended). Seems fishy about missing a title, was it left in the car when stolen? If not then there isn't a reason why the rightful owner wouldn't have it. Seems odd but I doubt its hot ;).
Yeah I have been trading emails with the guy. He says that it was abandonned on I94 after coming up from Oklahoma City. He says that he can get a title for it in a day or two. Seems odd....
I have done the no title once before and it took longer than a day to get one. He doesn't know for sure if it was stolen, just thinks it was because of the column he says. He did give me the VIN which is for a 83 cutlass wagon with a 307.

Where's Pig Pen to run a check for me :goof

I am torn, the title thing bothers me, but it's just what I want at a price I can afford. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Says it will barely turn over that it may have overheated. Seems more like a bad battery or starter to me. 'course I have never had a car overheat real bad, but I would think it would either still turn fine once cooled or not at all if siezed.
What do you guys think ?

Rocket Power
09-08-2005, 09:12 PM
LOL I see two of my emails on the ad.

Rocket Power
09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
I sent another email asking about how to get a title for an abandoned vehicle. Like does he have some police paperwork, like an auction.

Memphis
09-08-2005, 09:57 PM
If its cold, an engine that was overheated will still turn over fine....unless it smoked the bearings out of the lower end! Getting a title shoudnt be a problem, but will take more than a few days.

PB86MCSS
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
I'll see if I can pull a few strings and get that VIN checked by a CA patrol officer who has access to a special database that shows much more than a carfax...not sure if all officers have the same access. I know he could tell me the original dealerships my Montes were sold at, the salvage price my LS was sold at and dates as well. Not something he offers to anyone but I asked nicely and its only been a few times I've ever asked him. ;)

Rocket Power
09-08-2005, 10:05 PM
That's what I thought on the engine and title.

Is it wrong to be excited about maybe buying a wagon? :rolf

If the engine is toast I have a 307 out of an 84 H/O so not a HUGE deal.

Rocket Power
09-08-2005, 10:08 PM
I'll see if I can pull a few strings and get that VIN checked by a CA patrol officer who has access to a special database that shows much more than a carfax...not sure if all officers have the same access. I know he could tell me the original dealerships my Montes were sold at, the salvage price my LS was sold at and dates as well. Not something he offers to anyone but I asked nicely and its only been a few times I've ever asked him. ;)

That would be cool ! :thumbsup

The VIN is in the question part now.

Anyone want an 82 4 dr Cutlass ? :rolf

PB86MCSS
09-08-2005, 10:08 PM
I would be as well, the thing is clean looking :D.

How much for that 3.73 8.5"? I'm thinking of starting a collection of 8.5"s ;).

Rocket Power
09-08-2005, 10:20 PM
I don't know, debating on whether I'd want to put it in the wagon. :rolf

Not that it would need it, but it would be nice haveing some decent gears in the rear. Otherwise, whatever my high bid turns out to be. :rolf

Actually I hadn't put a lot of thought into it, wouldn't give it away but wouldn't want $1000 for it either. It's an open as far as I know, never had the cover off and it doesn't have a posi code on the SPID, but the car is 20 years old and so who knows what's happened in that time. Thing STILL hasn't let my driveway since it came home. :goof
I think you need another 305 too, and I know just where you can get one. :goof

PB86MCSS
09-08-2005, 10:29 PM
;)

As long as I have more 8.5"s than 305's I'm happy, 2:1 ratio for now.....would like a 3:1 and hopefully soon a 3:0 :).

Rocket Power
09-09-2005, 05:21 PM
;)

As long as I have more 8.5"s than 305's I'm happy, 2:1 ratio for now.....would like a 3:1 and hopefully soon a 3:0 :).
Ain't that the truth.

Well I am still waiting for his answer on the how exactly he is going to get the title. Hopefully he'll email me again around the same time. No title , no sale.
The last thing I need is another car around here I can't drive. :rolf

Rocket Power
09-10-2005, 07:58 PM
I win ! :thumbsup

Now who needs some G-body 442 parts..... :goof

Burgandy85SS
09-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Congradulations on the win :)
Its not wrong to get excited over a wagon. They can be cool too.

Rocket Power
09-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the congrats.

Now it's time to pull the 86 apart and decide what's staying and what's going.

86GUTLASS
09-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Congrats on wining the auction !! how much you want for the 82 4dr?

Rocket Power
09-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Not sure. It has a bad 231. and some rust underneath. I bought it home and it has pretty much sat. It does need shocks in the back(has none, I took them off LOL) . Probably a few hundred/ obo.

Rocket Power
09-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Well it looks like I have already sold my 8.5" to a friend from OH.

Maybe I will put the 442 front clip and trunk on my brothers 84 and he can hang out with the dude with the Cutlass with the H/O doors. :rolf

Rocket Power
09-22-2005, 08:53 PM
I go to pick up my new wagon on Sunday. :headbang
The Eighty Eight may be going down the road this weekend too. We're going to look at an Intrigue.