PDA

View Full Version : Mig 15

Al
09-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Check Six!

This one is for all of the flyboys out there.

http://www.bvmjets.com/JetKits/MiG/BVM_MiG-15.mpg

awsomeears
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Flight_740
09-06-2005, 05:09 PM
What I want to know is how the hell do you fly one of those? The thing is moving so fast, you probably lose track of what the plane is doing.

Crawlin
09-06-2005, 07:14 PM
that one doesn't look too hard. i wish i still had the link to the REALLY fast plane that was posted on LS1tech.

http://www.rcdon.com/html/bvm_bobca....html#Bobcat768

think this is it. but in the desert i'm sure that helps with not hitting trees! haha

Al
09-07-2005, 12:04 AM
What I want to know is how the hell do you fly one of those? The thing is moving so fast, you probably lose track of what the plane is doing.

Well, as long as the pilot knows what is going on and how to control a plane, it won't get out of his control.

The video is impressive because it has some very steady close up shots. But when flown at a good distance, you should not have any trouble keeping your eyes on it.

I consider myself to be a seasoned RC pilot. I've known how to fly planes since day one. On the contrary, I have absolutely NO coordination when it comes to catching something tossed to me. Because of this, many of my flying buddies are surprized that I haven't sent any planes to terra firma by my own fault yet. (i've only lost one plane in 9 years of flying, which was due to power loss on takeoff)

IMO- Planes are very predictable. The only thing acting on an airborn plane is the air itself. An RC car is all over the place in comparison: the slightest crack in the pavement or a small pebble can alter the course of a car. Because of this, I have stayed away from rc cars; too fidgety.

Also, you can easily predict where a plane will go. Pilots in the navy say that you don't necessarily need fast reflexes to land on a carrier, but rather need to forsee what the plane and boat are going to do.
^ We can do stuff like this every day. Have you ever tried to hit the brakes on your car from regular driving speed and keep your foot steady so that you come to a stop right on that white line? Done improperly, you can end up stopping short or rolling into an intersection.

Teufelhunden
09-08-2005, 10:25 PM
I've known how to fly planes since day one. Since 1903? :goof

Cool Video!

Al
09-13-2005, 10:01 AM
More like I didn't need any real instruction on flying RC. I just fired up the engine and flew it without a hitch. Last time I checked, I am the only person in the history of the Astro Wings club to be able to fly unaided right from the start.

Crawlin
09-13-2005, 10:03 AM
i had to start with the link cable from one remote to the other. i took off and flew around, pop's landed it. i guess since it was his money it was a good thing, hahaha. then again, i was 9-10 years old playing around doing snap rolls with his biplane, haha