PDA

View Full Version : question for some f body gurus

dr doom
09-05-2005, 01:27 PM
i just sold my xtreme and im looking to buy a new toy, ive looked at alot of f bodys and i found a 96 ws6 18k on it for 13500.......its also a 6speed...is this a good deal or should i just buy a newer f body with an ls1? one more question ive seen alot of automatics for sale......id like a 6 speed but is and automatic ok?

Crawlin
09-05-2005, 02:35 PM
automatic is fine, but depends on what you like doing. honestly, if you drive it daily and like to get into drag racing, an auto might benefit a beginner. you just cannot compare the excitement of shifting the car yourself though! i sometimes wish my car was a 6speed again. the 6speeds are what the enthusiasts go after, but the auto's seem to have been the greater number produced.

if you've read the boards alot, you'll see the slamming of the LT1's by us LS1 guys. it's mostly just joking around and fun ribbing of friends. there are some benefits to it thought. Look at Chris' (CDW81) T/A in the classified section. you get a spotless black LS1 T/A that on the nitrous could run an 11 sec pass. Got a great converter that makes it a bit more fun to drive and will launch the car harder and keep it's rpm in it's HP range better(to be vague). and got a majority of the bolt ons. It's probably $2000 worth of bolt on equipment

USMARINE1108
09-05-2005, 02:35 PM
If you want to mod it to go fast, get an LS1. 98's are not as easy to tune, but it can be done by someone who know's what they're doing. 01-02 came with a LS6 intake, and 02's came with a LS6 clutch. Either way, LS1's are getting pretty cheap to buy, as are parts for them. Good luck! www.LS1Tech.com <------- that's your new best friend

Crawlin
09-05-2005, 02:39 PM
yep, www.ls1tech.com is pretty much THE site for information on the cars.

for lt1 cars your best bet is www.camaroz28.com and it's message board. LONG history there.

Max 93
09-05-2005, 08:31 PM
If your looking for a LT1, I would be willing to sell mine.

SlowStee
09-05-2005, 09:36 PM
If your looking for a LT1, I would be willing to sell mine.
Ill vouch and say this is a gorgeous car and would be awesome to have this 383 :drool: