PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Neighbors part 2

SlowStee
09-03-2005, 12:13 PM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8077&page=2&pp=15&highlight=imprudent

continuing from that thread, It seems the problem just got bigger......

My court date is the 21st of this month, which im planning on fighting to get this ticket eliminated completely...so heres the thing...

Today when my moms leaving our house, driving down the alley one of our neighbors stops her...he tells her that a group of the neighbors are planning on "Attending" my court date to testify against me, him being one of them...

SO basically I have this group of dumb **** old sh!t heads forming an alliance against me :rolf ....Hate to say it but NOW I am slightly worried..

Im considering a lawyer now because I really wanna cream these people.. no ******* lie I DO NOT go WOT in the f'ing alley!!! im 99% sure that their problem is because of how loud and obnoxious my car is.....which obviously shouldnt have gotten me this ******* ticket!!..theres NO tire marks anywhere around here from me..plain and simple.

What do you guys think??

I honestly feel like walking door to door and going off on them im so pissed off at all this nonsense :chair: :chair:

0TransAm0
09-03-2005, 12:36 PM
take lots of pictures of the alley that show no marks and how "SHORT" the alley is show the judge..hell i know that when going in between houses and stuff such as a narrow alley the sound echos really bad at 1/4 throttle it sounds like wot..maybee make a video..idk what else to say good luck..

Neal Steffek
09-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't want to be a jerk but I really dont see how you can win. Unless you bring your car to court, and show them your car is STOCK you will probable lose.

Yooformula
09-03-2005, 02:50 PM
I would take pictures, put a very quiet muffler on it then fight your fight. If you need to win, I would put an extra muffler on just to make the point. Then I would take pictures and video of it to show how loud it isnt. Honestly, your car is loud whether your get on ndit or not. You are used to the sound but I installed those headers and I recall the before/after sound, IT IS LOUD! Look at it from their pov and you will see why you need to quiet it down BEFORE court. They may have even tape recorded the car now.

SlowStee
09-03-2005, 05:51 PM
I would take pictures, put a very quiet muffler on it then fight your fight. If you need to win, I would put an extra muffler on just to make the point. Then I would take pictures and video of it to show how loud it isnt. Honestly, your car is loud whether your get on ndit or not. You are used to the sound but I installed those headers and I recall the before/after sound, IT IS LOUD! Look at it from their pov and you will see why you need to quiet it down BEFORE court. They may have even tape recorded the car now.
Imprudent speed has nothign to do with the car being loud...theres no association..they are pissed about something totally different

FANAT1C
09-03-2005, 08:35 PM
If the neighbors recorded the sound of your vehicle, so what! Like you said it has very little to do with what the whole case is about. The only way a recording can be hurtful is IF your were speeding and they had a video of it with some sort of speed indicator.

IMO call an attorney and try to get some free advice/suggestions.

Poncho
09-04-2005, 04:45 AM
I'd get a group of people w/ black formulas to come cruising thru. :rolf

not surprized though. the neighbors used to harass me ALL THE TIME about my 135hp '88 Camaro.

funny now I get no complaints w/ a loud grand prix that's prolly in the range of 350hp.

fawkers.

DocDave
09-04-2005, 08:09 AM
As this point your best bet is to get rid of the root cause. Go door to door like you said, but swallow your pride and appoligize to the folks out to get you. Be nice and explain you didn't intend to upset them, bla, bla ,bla. If you can get most of them not to show up in court you will have a better chance. But if a judge sees a group a people willing to testify against you, you are screwed. He is going to believe them over you anyday. It's just the way it is; I've been there. When I moved in my new house I explained to the neighborhood how loud my car is and how I will try to keep the noise down. Big Block with 3" exhaust and 2 chamber flowmasters mufflers is pretty loud. I have never recieved a single complaint, been here for four years now.

Food for thought.

GTSLOW
09-04-2005, 10:57 AM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8077&page=2&pp=15&highlight=imprudent

continuing from that thread, It seems the problem just got bigger......

My court date is the 21st of this month, which im planning on fighting to get this ticket eliminated completely...so heres the thing...

Today when my moms leaving our house, driving down the alley one of our neighbors stops her...he tells her that a group of the neighbors are planning on "Attending" my court date to testify against me, him being one of them...

SO basically I have this group of dumb **** old sh!t heads forming an alliance against me :rolf ....Hate to say it but NOW I am slightly worried..

Im considering a lawyer now because I really wanna cream these people.. no ******* lie I DO NOT go WOT in the f'ing alley!!! im 99% sure that their problem is because of how loud and obnoxious my car is.....which obviously shouldnt have gotten me this ******* ticket!!..theres NO tire marks anywhere around here from me..plain and simple.

What do you guys think??

I honestly feel like walking door to door and going off on them im so pissed off at all this nonsense :chair: :chair:

Really sucks to hear this bud! I know how it feels to have a bunch of b@stards try to take ya down for somthing stupid!! Just remeber you can and will win :thumbsup

Monstr913
09-04-2005, 05:03 PM
everyone has givin pretty good advice my 2 cents if you lose get everyone you know with loud anything to crusie past your neighborhood whenever...if you have noticed i hate b!tchy people and get really immature in these situations but hey thats just me i get b!tched at for my truck all the time so f*ck it im happy thats all that matters

pOrk
09-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a lose lose, but I would definatly take it to court and fight your fight.

I would argue that just because the car is loud does NOT mean you drive it fast. They may change your ticket to a loud exhaust ticket, but hell thats atleast a non-moving violation. Yah know?

I wouldnt fight the argument about no rubber patches, cause that almost admitting guilt if it isnt brought up in your court date. And how do THEY know when your court date is, anyways? That isnt public record is it?

mongoose
09-06-2005, 02:50 PM
And how do THEY know when your court date is, anyways? That isnt public record is it?The cop probably told the original complaintant, who then told the rest of the neighborhood.

example:
When I lived in Milwaukee, the guy across the street had a dog that would bark all the ******* time. After he told my wife to "kiss his ass" when she politely asked him to do something about it, I called the cops. An officer showed up, talked to us, along with a few other neighbors, and then went to talk to barking dog guy. She came back and told us that he got a $217 citation and whne the court date was.

Crawlin
09-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Take Pics of the alley way, both ways and at even points up and down the alley to show COMPLETE coverage. put on a QUIET QUIET QUIET muffler. two or 3 of them, just like yoosof was talking about. we can hear your car coming when we are at oscar's. it's louder than my true duals dumped setup. get it quiet. then go out in the country somewhere and video your car from a standing start going WOT, and then from a roll going WOT. BOTH times should leave some thick black patches. NOW that last part may not be the smartest idea, BUT it atleast proves that there is NO WAY that you can go WOT down that street without spinning the tires and since there is no patches there, it's proven. hell one guy did a launch on street tires in front of my place not even doing a brakestand, and the marks are STILL there 1.5 years later. THICK BLACK still too!

if you can afford it and want to be a ****, get a lawyer. i would for something like this. just to have the lawyer rub it in their faces. i HIGHLY doubt any of those people recorded your car.

and on a last note, what did your mom do? mine woulda told the person talking to her to eat a ****. but she's cool like that, haha.

pOrk
09-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Take Pics of the alley way, both ways and at even points up and down the alley to show COMPLETE coverage. put on a QUIET QUIET QUIET muffler. two or 3 of them, just like yoosof was talking about. we can hear your car coming when we are at oscar's. it's louder than my true duals dumped setup. get it quiet. then go out in the country somewhere and video your car from a standing start going WOT, and then from a roll going WOT. BOTH times should leave some thick black patches. NOW that last part may not be the smartest idea, BUT it atleast proves that there is NO WAY that you can go WOT down that street without spinning the tires and since there is no patches there, it's proven. hell one guy did a launch on street tires in front of my place not even doing a brakestand, and the marks are STILL there 1.5 years later. THICK BLACK still too!

if you can afford it and want to be a ****, get a lawyer. i would for something like this. just to have the lawyer rub it in their faces. i HIGHLY doubt any of those people recorded your car.

and on a last note, what did your mom do? mine woulda told the person talking to her to eat a ****. but she's cool like that, haha.

The citation is for imprudent speed though, not accessive acceleration. If he takes photos as such and argues that he didnt burn out, that wont help his case any. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Crawlin
09-06-2005, 06:03 PM
i see your point... too many LITTLE word differences in the laws that change it from one thing to another. but pork you are right, it wouldn't do anything for imprudent speed.

i don't know how the hell i edited your poost, oops, haha. i had changed it back

SlowStee
09-06-2005, 10:56 PM
thank you for all the comments guys....Im looking at this closely, im gonna go to court prepared to fight

pOrk
09-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Are you a mod? Heh, wierd

Good luck Julian

theavenger333
09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
shoot them all

Al
09-08-2005, 12:57 AM
thank you for all the comments guys....Im looking at this closely, im gonna go to court prepared to fight

Put some stock mufflers on your car and video tape yourself driving down the alley. Also, get one of your buddies to talk to a neighbor while you drive your car to show how easily they get agitated.

SlowStee
09-08-2005, 01:00 AM
I see no point in putting mufflers are on the car guys :confused

the ticket is for speeding not how loud my car is, thats something totally different.....Im basically gonna explain how my car is loud and obnoxious and NEEDS to be taken care of...

GTSLOW
09-08-2005, 03:02 AM
Im basically gonna explain how my car is loud and obnoxious and NEEDS to be taken care of...

Fill one hole, dig another. :(

BlownMe
09-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Dude, if your ticket is for imprudent speed, I wouldnt even bring up how your car sounds. If your neighbors bring it up, just make sure your lawyer points out how speed and sound are in no way related. There are loud ass beaters out there that move like snails. Don't even think about bringing the sound of your car up in court. That will only give the judge something else to b!tch at you about. Remember, you're the defense. Dont bring up sound and give them more ammuniton against you. Hope this helps.

GTSLOW
09-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Dude, if your ticket is for imprudent speed, I wouldnt even bring up how your car sounds. If your neighbors bring it up, just make sure your lawyer points out how speed and sound are in no way related. There are loud ass beaters out there that move like snails. Don't even think about bringing the sound of your car up in court. That will only give the judge something else to b!tch at you about. Remember, you're the defense. Dont bring up sound and give them more ammuniton against you. Hope this helps.

Definately! :thumbsup

btw do u have a lawyer yet?!

pOrk
09-08-2005, 11:39 PM

the ticket is for speeding not how loud my car is, thats something totally different.....Im basically gonna explain how my car is loud and obnoxious and NEEDS to be taken care of...

Well, I wouldn't argue that. Although you COULD use the sound of the car mistaking the neighbors thoughts of it going fast.

USUALLY, when a car is LOUD, it is going FAST. Or atleast, thats how it used to be before Hondas were cool :banana

SlowStee
09-27-2005, 12:24 AM
In case anyones wondering... I had my court date with the judge, she offered me 1 point off...and continued to say "theres NO WAY im dropping this ticket"...so I smiled and said "no thanks"

So im contesting it, and I have a big court date coming up...Going to see If I can get the Lawyers in the above sticky to help me out :)

Oh and Ive had neighbors come forward to me to talk about the problems ive been having....IM 99% sure they will testify in me favor :thumbsup

Poncho
09-27-2005, 08:47 AM
julian, that sounds like a bunch of crap. esp. when theres no real proof of you being in the fault.

Syclone0044
09-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Stick it to 'em. Props for standing up for yourself :thumbsup

Crawlin
09-27-2005, 10:59 AM
"no thanks"

i would have loved to see that!!!! just the look on the DA's face, haha

Al
09-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Does your car have 4.10s in back? Just say that the rear end ratio makes it shift later so it sounds like it is going faster when it is not.

BTW- at what rpm does your car shift?

SlowStee
09-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Does your car have 4.10s in back? Just say that the rear end ratio makes it shift later so it sounds like it is going faster when it is not.

BTW- at what rpm does your car shift?
3.73's....stock LT1 shift points are set at 5800RPMS

HITMAN
09-27-2005, 09:52 PM

Yeah, but the root problem here is the fact that your car IS loud and to your ignorant neighbors, it sounds like you're going fast. Solution? After your court date and whether or not you win or lose, put a quiet exhaust on the car. Quit being an inconsiderate jerk and your neighbors will quit being stuffy pricks.

Besides, you can get away with a lot more when you are NOT drawing attention to yourself... ;)

Irish
09-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Yeah, but the root problem here is the fact that your car IS loud and to your ignorant neighbors, it sounds like you're going fast. Solution? After your court date and whether or not you win or lose, put a quiet exhaust on the car. Quit being an inconsiderate jerk and your neighbors will quit being stuffy pricks.

Besides, you can get away with a lot more when you are NOT drawing attention to yourself... ;)

How the hell is he a jerk??? If he is a jerk for loud exhaust, then you must be a chode for waking up every morning!

animal
09-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Doesn't the burden of proof fall on the prosecution? I hardly think this could hold up simply on word of mouth of a few pissant neighbors. Find a couple others who'll say they have no problem with your driving or something... and then it'll come down to the cop who didn't see you doing anything right? I'm sure a lawyer would eat this stuff up.

SlowStee
09-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Doesn't the burden of proof fall on the prosecution? I hardly think this could hold up simply on word of mouth of a few pissant neighbors. Find a couple others who'll say they have no problem with your driving or something... and then it'll come down to the cop who didn't see you doing anything right? I'm sure a lawyer would eat this stuff up.
you'd be amazed to how many people are confused to how a cop wrote me a ticket for something NO police officer saw

animal
09-28-2005, 01:07 PM
you'd be amazed to how many people are confused to how a cop wrote me a ticket for something NO police officer saw

Well that's exactly why you should be able to get off. These people aren't trained and cannot estimate your speed or driving performance as a police officer would. And thre is really no proof other than a few peoples' word that can be countered by a few contrary opinions. At least that's what my lawyer would be arguing if it were me.

HITMAN
09-28-2005, 08:53 PM
How the hell is he a jerk???

Do you really need me to explain this for you? :durr

Gee, I guess in your world, nothing short of a fueler making passes in the back alley at 3am would be too loud. :loser

HITMAN
09-28-2005, 09:32 PM
FWIW, Imprudent Speed is one of those one-size-fits-all type violations that cops write when they don't have anything concrete to pin on you. It's truly one of those B.S offenses that the badge allows them to write. A lawyer might get you off, but if the city has a bunch of witnesses saying you were speeding, you may be toast, no matter what. The problem is, you are facing a judge only and not a jury. There was a time when you could ask for a jury trial in municipal traffic ordinance matters and that made the city attorney MUCH easier to work with. (Jury trials were far more expensive for the city than the defendant.) Unfortunately, that legal loophole has now been closed, so you now have to deal with a municipal judge that will most likely be predisposed to believe your fine, upstanding neighbors over a crazed, reckless speed-demon :D such as yourself. (For those of you in Rio Lindo and also Irish :durr , this last statement was me being somewhat facetious...)

If I were you, I'd at least talk to an TRAFFIC attorney and see what he/she has to say. They're typically pretty upfront about your chances in traffic cases, and the initial consult is usually free.