PDA

View Full Version : F-body Exhaust

GrimreaperSS
09-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Anybody got any suggestions for 98-02 f-body exhaust. My car currently has Corsa Performance, but on the way back from the Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise 2 weeks ago, the inlet pipe on the muffler sheared right out of the muffler. I could just get a new muffler through Speed Inc (they said they would help me out since the exhaust was installed by the orig. owner there), but I am looking for something throatier and maybe a little quieter. Was looking at GMMG Inc. chambered, but guys at Speed Inc says its fits for s**t. Thinking Maybe Loud Mouth 2. Have heard Loud Mouth 1 on a 383 LT1 car before, like the low tone, but too loud. Corsa's exhaust is only f-ing loud when your on the pipe, but cruises very well. Just dont like the higher pitched sound of Corsa. Car also has SLP long tubes, off-road y-pipe and no cats. Just fishing for some new ideas, or to finally settle on one. New to Brew City Muscle, but have been following GM performance for years. Any help would be appreciated.

SlowStee
09-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Go with a Borla catback..

Yooformula
09-03-2005, 12:36 AM
My B&B has a nice throaty sound with the long tubes but not too loud at all but the Borla does allow tunability.

0TransAm0
09-03-2005, 06:24 AM
i got the magnaflow catback its only really loud when your really getin on the gas otherwise its pretty mellow.. i also got pacesetter LT's,OFY,no cats..

WilliamZ
09-03-2005, 07:58 AM
I have the Borla with Hooker lt's and ORY and it sounds perfect when I run it through the muffler but as soon as you take the plate out it sounds like NASCAR as WOT :thumbsup

350-Z28
09-03-2005, 09:09 AM
:wstupid Borla is the way to go as far as exhaust. Currently on my 84 I have shorty headers into 2.5" duals muffled by a Thrush Magnum Glasspack. The sound is incredible and I love it, but it is a loud exhaust. Very mellow at idle, brings out the cam. So if you want a cheap exhaust i recommend the Magnum glasspack by Thrush, or the Thrush Boss Turbo mufflers (my previous mufflers, damn good)

loud91rs
09-03-2005, 10:00 AM
i had a mufflex 4" exhaust on my car when it was running...it was pretty quiet at idle, but when you stommped on the gas EVERYBODY heard ya. it's a bit pricey though.

Quick96ss
09-03-2005, 11:34 AM
I would go with the Slp Loud Mouth there are different muffler choices that you can get from quiet to loud and one in between. I have heard it on many cars and it sounds really good. Check out there web site.

PHDcamaro
09-03-2005, 12:35 PM
if u are going for more power i read many times that the mufflex 4inch is the way to go..... B&B TriFlow also sounds nice.... I think Bassani makes a True-Dual with an x-pipe for LS1 F-Bodys............. best bang for the buck i say is the SLP Loudmouth

SLOWC5
09-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Ben,

hows the car treating you, Jesse told me you picked up a 427 LS1. I knew right away which one that would have been;) Cant you just weld the pipe back on? for a nice quick INEXPENSIVE fix. Seasons almost over anyways.
That gives you time to still enjoy the car and then watch on LS1tech for a group buy and a nice price break.

Personally I'd stay away from Speed inc.

JEFF SMITH

JC70SS
09-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I really like the SLP TOTL. Tom(BadLS1) has it and it sounds great. I do not like Borla on an LS1...too raspy. It is the best for an LT1.

Knyghtmare
09-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the boards Ben.

GrimreaperSS
09-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Sorry, Dont have access to a TIG welder to weld the stainless back together. I think I'm gonna take up Speed Inc on their offer to warranty the muffler. Corsa has a warranty, but its only available to the original purchaser and only for as long as he owns the car. Speed Inc said they would warranty it anyways. I can atleast get the exhaust back to being somewhat quieter than the straight pipe I have now. Cant argue with free. :D
Jesse said you were "lookin" for me. I hear your cars a little faster than the last time I got a ride in it. Have to catch up with you guys sometime. Maybe down at KOTH. Probably will be down there, just as a spectator though.
Nice to see you on here too TINY, Sorry wasnt able to make it out the other week. Have to try and catch you guys soon. Is Lund a part of BCM also? He still even have his El Camino?

Crawlin
09-05-2005, 10:29 AM
i like the borla's adjustability

i HATE the way the loudmouth sounds when you have headers and a ORY pipe. TOO ******* loud. My true duals with moroso spiral flos are quieter and sound 10 times better.

Knyghtmare
09-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Not a ploblem, I'll give ya a call the next time we hit up Woody's. No Lund isnt on here at all, he still has the El Camino but he hasnt really done anything with it at all.

FelixIlka
09-23-2005, 03:36 AM
GMMG fits for s**t? Mine fit perfect and I'm EXTREMELY happy with it :)

Yooformula
09-23-2005, 08:36 AM
GMMG fits for s**t? Mine fit perfect and I'm EXTREMELY happy with it :)

Due tell Felix...whacha got?