PDA

View Full Version : Leaving BCM for a bit

DFJ6000
08-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Well 2day i joined the United States Army, I'm being shipped out September 20th to Jackson South Carolina....then to Virginia for AIT. I picked 92g Food service ops, and got a 20k inlistment bonus. So I wont be chatting with you guys for a while....be here for a few weeks yet, just thought I'd say bye to all of ya.....you all seem pretty cool. Not sure when I'll be back. But I'm pretty psyched :headbang cyaz

T-Bag
08-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Good luck in basic and AIT. It's demanding but you'll be fine.

Crawlin
08-30-2005, 08:21 PM
GOOD LUCK MAN!!! Stay safe!

animal
08-31-2005, 09:50 AM
If habib and akbar are running at you, shoot first, and sort em out later.

-The friendly advice i give all my military friends.

Yooformula
08-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Good luck and God bless!

DFJ6000
08-31-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks a lot guys, next time I should be on after the 20th is around christmas

USMARINE1108
08-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Good luck, bro. $20K?!?! I had to re-enlist for that kind of cash!

Teufelhunden
08-31-2005, 11:25 AM
92g Food service ops
I wish you luck man, keep a positive attitude. You're going to meet a lot of interesting folks in the service, especially working in the mess hall. Did you pick that MOS? I'm not trying to kick you in the nuts, but speaking from experience that’s one shitty job.92g Food Service Ops (https://perscomnd04.army.mil/mosmartbk.nsf/0/8a55c958107a0edc85256d6600676058?OpenDocument)

I remember this one particular speech about MOS’s at boot camp. All us recruits (90 or so in the platoon) were on line standing at attention as the Senior DI walked up a down the squad bay...."Twenty five off you unlucky bastards will be grunts and statistics show at least one of you will die during your first tour. Even worse than that, I have to assign one of you as a cook."
That put the fear of God in me. I started praying to be selected as grunt almost immediately. :goof

animal
08-31-2005, 11:39 AM
I remember this one particular speech about MOS’s at boot camp.

HARTMAN: Forty-two-twelve, Basic Military Journalism. You gotta be sh!tting me, Joker! You think you're Mickey Spillane? Do you think you're some kind of fvcking writer?

JOKER: Sir, I wrote for my high school newspaper, sir!

HARTMAN: Jesus H. Christ, you're not a writer, you're a killer!

Sorry had to :goof

Teufelhunden
08-31-2005, 11:58 AM
R. Lee Ermey is awesome :headbang

http://www.rleeermey.com/

But he's no match for todays modern day psycho Marine Corps DI. I wish I had a highlight video of my bootcamp experience.

fireguyrick
08-31-2005, 12:20 PM
My senior DI scared the HELL out of me. 6'6" black guy. Was told he was the second strongest man in the Marine Corps at the time. He was showing us how to use the weight equipment properly, and was pressing 450lbs without a spotter, as if it was nothing at all. He could RUN too. Word got to him that someone was thinking of running, he sat us all down and told us what he did before joining the Marine Corps. He was a bounty hunter of sorts, and that anyone thinking of running would have him coming after him. Oh yeah, he had his top front two teeth all gold. He was the nice one though. I had 3 other DI's to deal with besides him.

Rick

Lay low the first week or two, that way you can get the feel as to who the DS's have it out for. Then make your friends.

animal
08-31-2005, 01:14 PM
But he's no match for todays modern day psycho Marine Corps DI. I wish I had a highlight video of my bootcamp experience.

Heh, sweet. Weird though, someone told me DS's weren't really allowed to get crazy like that anymore. I guess they were dead wrong :confused or maybe they were more crazy back in the 70's when they were in?

Granted they were army so maybe that explains it too.

Teufelhunden
08-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Heh, sweet. Weird though, someone told me DS's weren't really allowed to get crazy like that anymore. I guess they were dead wrong :confused or maybe they were more crazy back in the 70's when they were in?

Granted they were army so maybe that explains it too.Yeah I probably had no grounds for that statement. It's not like you can objectively compare a 1968 DI to a 1988 DI unless you been there for both. No they're not allowed to lay a hand on you. Does that stop 99% of it? Yes.

Isn't Army basic co-ed now?!

USMARINE1108
08-31-2005, 02:37 PM
We worked in the Chow Hall for team week in boot camp, and I can see why the Army's giving a $20K bonus for it! However, the Marine Corps is phasing the food service MOS out. I know on base, it's all civilian now. It has been for a few years. I'm not too sure about the field though, since we're usly eating MRE's or at an Air Force "resturaunt" on a foerign base.

FORM FOR CHOW!

I wish I could have a video from my boot camp too, it was one of the best times of my life. I've never laughed so hard, been so scared, sad, and happy all at the same time. It was great!

animal
08-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Isn't Army basic co-ed now?!

You're askin the wrong guy :)

Teufelhunden
08-31-2005, 02:43 PM
FORM FOR CHOW!RESERVISTS HANDS UP!

PonyKiller87
08-31-2005, 02:51 PM
I wish I could have a video from my boot camp too, it was one of the best times of my life. I've never laughed so hard, been so scared, sad, and happy all at the same time. It was great!

I actualy have a video and a year book from mine. Ft. Leonard Wood, Summer of 97. My friends laugh their asses off when they see it, espicaly the shots of us coming out of the gas chamber.

I also agree that being a cook could suck alot. But if thats what you like to do go for it.

My best advice for basic is dont take things to seriouly, just do what they tell you to and youll be fine. Oh and dont do anything dumb, article 15's and extra duty suck.

USMARINE1108
08-31-2005, 04:22 PM
RESERVISTS HANDS UP!

ummmmm you lost me on that one..............how about:

ATTACK THE CHOW HALL!
ATTACK THE CHOW HALL AYE SIR!
READY..................MOVE!
KILL!

Teufelhunden
08-31-2005, 07:01 PM
RESERVISTS HANDS UP!
ummmmm you lost me on that oneYour platoon didnt count reservists before entering the chow hall? :wooo

Old Corps stuff ;)

USMARINE1108
08-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Ha, no we didn't do that. I was at MCRD San Diego in late 2000, shortly after the MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) started. My favorite ditty from that is "meaty portion of the thigh". :rolf

How about, "EARLY CHOW FLY, LATE CHOW POST"!

USMARINE1108
08-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Old Corps stuff ;)

New Corps ;)

fireguyrick
08-31-2005, 10:53 PM
Your platoon didnt count reservists before entering the chow hall? :wooo

Old Corps stuff ;)
Did that in Boot Camp in the late 90's.

So does that make me middle school corp?

Rick

DFJ6000
09-01-2005, 02:23 AM
yes i did choose 92g, I like to cook and hope to someday open my own restaurant or club or some sh it. Ive worked some pretty shitty places I dont think it will be that bad. But neways I like to make badass food n sh it. suuuuuuurreee go ahead and diss my mos......mhmmm make fun of the guy makin the food lol jp its all good

Teufelhunden
09-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Do you like cooking okra (http://southernfood.about.com/library/weekly/aa081401a.htm)? How about grits?:)

fireguyrick
09-01-2005, 12:29 PM
keyrist, the guy making my food? I ate 90% of my meals in the service out of a olive plastic bag. Nothing like making pop tarts in the morning (MRE Cracker, Cheese spread, and kool aid packet).

Rick

Teufelhunden
09-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Oh no you said MRE. I've been trying to forget the dreaded Ham-Egg Omlette. :) :puke

USMARINE1108
09-01-2005, 04:19 PM
I make a damn good chocolate chip mint pound cake with frosting!

1 lb cake
2 "coco" packets
1 creamer packet
1 tootsie roll
M&M's on top (if available)

:drool:

No one's knocking food service. There's nothing like a good hot chow after a few weeks of MRE's.

DFJ6000
09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
yeah and its one step ahead, with me wanting to open a restaurant someday

Monstr913
09-01-2005, 05:26 PM
damn dan ur goin into the military well the the crazy kindda fvcker that i want fighting for my country be safe man..hey dont let farhan know about opening a restaurant he'll probably sue u for some stupid crap penny piniching mother f'er...hey i was ur manager i showed u how to make some stuff lol...this kid burned more gyro meat that anyone one on the planet j/k well again good luck and keep safe

DFJ6000
09-01-2005, 06:11 PM
thanks a lot dude, and pshhhhh who did farhan ask for when we got busy on the grill? yeah thats right me hahaha....ya did show me some sh it tho, iighty man, cyaz ill be safe, the world cant get rid of me that easy

y2kws6
09-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Good luck man... I have been in for 13 years, not sure if I am going to stay in or get out with the base closing, but I did have fun while it lasted.

Dan