PDA

View Full Version : Thinning the herd

Rocket Power
08-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Well I am going to have to thin the herd a bit. I am going to put the 4 dr out to pasture at work. Pull off the wheels and crush the GP. And lastly make the 86 my daily which means out with the 455 and in with the 307 :eek:
I may be the only guy in history to swap out a 455 for a 307 :rolf
But playing around with the BBO G-body is taking what little time I have away from working on the 64. So I have come to the conclusion that I need to combat my automotive A.D.D. :goof and get my projects down to one if there is going to be any chance of getting the 64 done, and I would like to drive it next year, paint won't be done, but I do want to drive it.

As a side benefit I'll get to drive a G-body everyday. :banana

Now I just have to get the swap back done by end of October.
Unless I get one of those 100 mpg carbs from the back of the old magazines :goof

PB86MCSS
08-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Is the GP rusty? Was that your brothers future car? Sad day but you have to do what you have to do. I can only hope I never have to lose cars but can only gain them in numbers :D.

Rocket Power
08-29-2005, 08:02 PM
No, that grand prix is still sitting in limbo . I picked up an 84 Cutlass for my brother along with a 85 GP parts car. Got get another Olds guy in the family, besides I have more parts for it. The GP that's getting crushed was a crusty, no title and victim of vandalism shortly after I got it.
We are going to bring my brothers Cutlass over to the house after I remove the 4 door so he can get to work. :thumbsup

Don't worry after the 64 is done, the car count will probably go back up :rolf